Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills4h

Schefter calls Pettine Browns fall back option http://wp.me/plmrg-9zx

Dude, Pettine, grow a pair! Good grief. You have no pride, man?

Please no. We do not need a guy who has never been a DC. Why haven't we hired a WR coach?

Hackett said today that they will be hiring one this week.

Ian Rapoport@RapSheet 4m

Bill Belichick talked with Browns owner Jimmy Haslam recently to vouch for Greg Schiano. In the end, it wasn’t to be.

And that's that

This is quite the circus. WTH is the other mystery finalist? Marrone's dog?

Please no. We do not need a guy who has never been a DC. Why haven't we hired a WR coach?

Wait until you see who they hire. You might be begging for Pepper Johnson. Personally my money is on Jeff Hafley being Pettine's replacement.

As far as why they haven't hired a WR coach yet, that's a good question. Why haven't we heard anything else about the QB coach?

The Bills are about to spice it up with some Pepper if you get my drift

That would work.

Chris Brown@ChrisBrownBills4h

Schefter calls Pettine Browns fall back option http://wp.me/plmrg-9zx

Dude, Pettine, grow a pair! Good grief. You have no pride, man?

Hackett said today that they will be hiring one this week.

This is quite the circus. WTH is the other mystery finalist? Marrone's dog?

Schiano I think

I know being an HC is a big deal, but if I was Pettine I would walk away. You aren't their first choice and might be the only one who will take it. Not to mention they fired their HC after one season. That is a damaged team you stay away from. If I were him I'd wait till next to year and see what happens...

If Chud was fired after a few seasons and there wasn't improvement; they don't come off as a damaged franchise. They have been getting rebuffed by everyone and are the 3 stooges. That is a toxic team and is even worse than getting hired by Al Davis and the Raiders...

After this Pettine crap I hope Haslam ends up in prison for his rebate scheme and gets rammed by the "girls" daily....

I know being an HC is a big deal, but if I was Pettine I would walk away. You aren't their first choice and might be the only one who will take it. Not to mention they fired their HC after one season. That is a damaged team you stay away from. If I were him I'd wait till next to year and see what happens...

I don't know how you can honestly expect him to turn down a HC job. You don't often have a chance to get hired to coach in a great situation, but what's worse DC for a crappy Buffalo franchise or HC for a crappy Cleveland franchise. Cleveland has a very strong defense and an all world WR. They have 2 first round picks this year and with the right QB, could be a solid team with strong coaching- and I'm sure Pettine thinks he's the coach to help turn it around. It's just wishful thinking on Buffalo's part to not want him to take the job, but hardly realistic.

This is a freaking nightmare. I would like about 5 minutes to chat with Pettine, I am curious what is in his head right now. What is so great in Cleveland?

What's so great in Cleveland?

It has one of only 32 NFL head coaching positions in his profession.

It has the only current opening.

It is very interested in him

He wants badly to be a head coach.

It's better than being a DC in Buffalo

Just for starters

What's so great in Cleveland?

It has one of only 32 NFL head coaching positions in his profession.

It has the only current opening.

It is very interested in him

He wants badly to be a head coach.

It's better than being a DC in Buffalo

Just for starters

Clearly, he has never visited Cleveland

Edited by jboyst62

I don't know how you can honestly expect him to turn down a HC job. You don't often have a chance to get hired to coach in a great situation, but what's worse DC for a crappy Buffalo franchise or HC for a crappy Cleveland franchise. Cleveland has a very strong defense and an all world WR. They have 2 first round picks this year and with the right QB, could be a solid team with strong coaching- and I'm sure Pettine thinks he's the coach to help turn it around. It's just wishful thinking on Buffalo's part to not want him to take the job, but hardly realistic.

Honestly in my professional life, if I interviewed for a job and kept getting strung along with more and more interviews and there were media reports of others walking away from the job...I would withdraw from consideration...something just doesn't feel right about that situation. I know many people say there are only 32 of them and you have to take them when they come up. I wouldn't rush to go into a joke of a franchise; get canned and never have a shot again. They are so late to hire anyone, there are no viable assistants out there now. That is not a good situation...get a job a week or so after black Monday, you are in a better position...

Honestly in my professional life, if I interviewed for a job and kept getting strung along with more and more interviews and there were media reports of others walking away from the job...I would withdraw from consideration...something just doesn't feel right about that situation. I know many people say there are only 32 of them and you have to take them when they come up. I wouldn't rush to go into a joke of a franchise; get canned and never have a shot again. They are so late to hire anyone, there are no viable assistants out there now. That is not a good situation...get a job a week or so after black Monday, you are in a better position...

I'm not sure multiple interviews for a HC position is 'getting strung along' Cleveland may be run by idiots, I don't know, but having more than one interview would seem reasonable. Also, they have interest in Seattles DC so they had to wait to interview him. We are just anxious as Bills fans not to lose him. I'm guessing he wouldn't have much trouble putting a staff together. He would certainly pull some coaches from Buffalo. There are plenty of coaches with experience out there.