Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

I'm not sure multiple interviews for a HC position is 'getting strung along' Cleveland may be run by idiots, I don't know, but having more than one interview would seem reasonable. Also, they have interest in Seattles DC so they had to wait to interview him. We are just anxious as Bills fans not to lose him. I'm guessing he wouldn't have much trouble putting a staff together. He would certainly pull some coaches from Buffalo. There are plenty of coaches with experience out there.

They interviewed him, supposedly, during the bye week after the season before Seattle's game. That means they are allowed to interview him again, now, if I understand what someone on the internet said once in some place where people share thoughts.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure multiple interviews for a HC position is 'getting strung along' Cleveland may be run by idiots, I don't know, but having more than one interview would seem reasonable. Also, they have interest in Seattles DC so they had to wait to interview him. We are just anxious as Bills fans not to lose him. I'm guessing he wouldn't have much trouble putting a staff together. He would certainly pull some coaches from Buffalo. There are plenty of coaches with experience out there.

His name didn't even get mentioned until everyone else said thanks but no thanks...yes some of them are in better situations (Gase). But he was asked to join the party late in the game. If he was interviewing with the others all along that is one thing, but he wasn't until they rest said no thanks. AT that point it was hold on we want to interview a few others...that is the definition of bottom of the barrel fishing.

Aside from all that, I think he will be a fine HC...

His name didn't even get mentioned until everyone else said thanks but no thanks...yes some of them are in better situations (Gase). But he was asked to join the party late in the game. If he was interviewing with the others all along that is one thing, but he wasn't until they rest said no thanks. AT that point it was hold on we want to interview a few others...that is the definition of bottom of the barrel fishing.

Aside from all that, I think he will be a fine HC...

I think it's difficult to look at this without the fan hat on.

Bottom line, it's Pettine's life ambition to be an nfl head coach. He's 47. This is his opportunity. He'd be an idiot not to take it.

I know being an HC is a big deal, but if I was Pettine I would walk away.

Yeah, you would walk away from $9M+

Righhhhhhht.

Edit: not directly solely at you, but everyone saying he should walk away.

Edited by QCity

Pettine is just a red herring. They're obviously after Hackett. It's like becoming really good friends with the super fat or ugly girl so that her hot friend thinks you're the coolest. You guys are so dense.

this is hilarious.

there were two. The other got caught at the end of the last page, I had posted it.

Clearly, he has never visited Cleveland

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysmLA5TqbIY

If you've ever been to Cleveland you know its true. Toledo has an excuse, its a Toleito. Detroit is Detroit. Sandusky at least has Cedar Point. Cleveland has no excuse, its mess. It sucks, because it has great potential.

there were two. The other got caught at the end of the last page, I had posted it.

If you've ever been to Cleveland you know its true. Toledo has an excuse, its a Toleito. Detroit is Detroit. Sandusky at least has Cedar Point. Cleveland has no excuse, its mess. It sucks, because it has great potential.

I lived in Akron for a bit. It's like Cleveland, jr.-- people dream of moving on up to the "big city."

This will backfire big time when the name out of the hat is, well, any one of the names in their. I guess it makes sense because the pick'ns are slim but c'mon, these guys are all about the same and will likely all be tossed after 2-3 years.

Maybe McDaniels has something to prove? Belicheck did not make it in the mistake by the lake, maybe he will try to show hismworth

I think it's difficult to look at this without the fan hat on.

Bottom line, it's Pettine's life ambition to be an nfl head coach. He's 47. This is his opportunity. He'd be an idiot not to take it.

Bottom line, he could get fired next season by this fickle bunch when the guy they "really want" comes available, or if they get a new GM who wants his own guy, or if he faces hard luck due to injury as Chud did this season when Hoyer went down. Pettine would be right to beware of this situation.

Haha. What a disaster. Feel bad for pettine; he's getting strung along.

I feel bad for the Bills. We're getting strung along with Pettine. If he gets the job, he could pull more coaches away from us. We'll be in scramble mode too. I hope he stays but if he gets the job, I kind of hope he fails.

Bottom line, he could get fired next season by this fickle bunch when the guy they "really want" comes available, or if they get a new GM who wants his own guy, or if he faces hard luck due to injury as Chud did this season when Hoyer went down. Pettine would be right to beware of this situation.

Perfect, we can hire him right back as DC by 2015

Or maybe he never gets another chance. A bird in the hand is worth two...

Also...Guys in that position are confident enough that they can make the situation a successful one.

Yeah, you would walk away from $9M+

Righhhhhhht.

Edit: not directly solely at you, but everyone saying he should walk away.

You are correct, but I look at it a little differently. You usually only get one shot, not that you can hold out for the perfect position (if it was it wouldn't be open), but I would at least want to be on equal footing and not a late add after other turned it down. With what they did with Chud and trading Richardson took the wind out of that team...It wouldn't give me the best vibes. They would really have to upsell to me; it might be my only chance to be an HC ever again if the team makes it hard for me to succeed....

Edit (add)

LOL

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 3m

Ok, at the rate the #Browns coaching "search" is "progressing," the next name to emerge as finalist just might be Rob Chudzinski, right?

Edited by reed83 4th Rounder

Maybe the NFL needs to look at tighter rules on the whole coaching thing. We have the Rooney rule. Why not coaches can only be interviewed 3 times over no more then 6 business days? The team must rule out coaches after the three days from last interview and submit a secret list or something to the NFL on who they like and don't...

Just throwing it to the wall to see if it sticks. This could potentially hurt a lot of teams.

You are correct, but I look at it a little differently. You usually only get one shot, not that you can hold out for the perfect position (if it was it wouldn't be open), but I would at least want to be on equal footing and not a late add after other turned it down. With what they did with Chud and trading Richardson took the wind out of that team...It wouldn't give me the best vibes. They would really have to upsell to me; it might be my only chance to be an HC ever again if the team makes it hard for me to succeed....

Edit (add)

LOL

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 3m

Ok, at the rate the #Browns coaching "search" is "progressing," the next name to emerge as finalist just might be Rob Chudzinski, right?

its not even 1am and Wawrow is tweeting? Shirley, he isn't even past his first drink yet!