Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He would have to be Cleveland's choice and his prospects are probably better holding off and having another good year with the Bill's D and seeing what offers are out there. You gotta figure that Cleveland job will still be there next season.

I mean, Leslie Frazier turned down a HC job because he wasn't the first choice.

I would bet that Buffalo woul promote Donny Henderson to DC quickly to keep him from leaving.

That's what I'm hoping. If Pettine signs as a HC anywhere, I'd bet Henderson follows. I was hoping Pettine would slip through the cracks and coach one more year. Not much mention of him before Cleveland, I was excited, but I knew it was too good to be true. I hate to say it, but I'd rather fire Marrone and hire Pettine as our HC rather than lose Pettine. I think he's that good.

Pray he stays one more year.

I know I am, panicking that is....

This was also just reported on NFL network

Word is that now the Browns can take their time finding a new HC and the first choice is the Broncos OC Adam Gase

I hate to say it, but I'd rather fire Marrone and hire Pettine as our HC rather than lose Pettine. I think he's that good.

Pray he stays one more year.

Me too

Somebody should start a poll on Yes/No - Promote Pettine to head coach

I would vote yes.

I would vote no. Marrone has found more than capable defensive coordinators in both his head coaching stints. I believe he could do it again.

... trying to convince myself there's no need to panic.

It'll be hard to go 6-10 without him.

Seriously, I know he showed how to apply pressure, but was it at the expense of the run defense? I didn't think our defense was THAT great. I'm open to discussion, but I'm not seeking a ledge at the thought of Pettine leaving.

Edited by JPS