Mike Pettine speculation-interviewing w Cleveland

mannc

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As this has been discussed previously, no. Not yet at least. He's been living in a shadow behind Ryan, and while the Bills D had an "ok" year, it wasn't anything that would warrant a HC look after his first season being "the man".

Now, if the Bills D keeps improving next year, he may be talked about then, or the year after.

But we have at least 1, most likely 2 years, before we have to worry.

And it may luckily coincide with Marvin Lewis getting fired in Cincinnati. I'd take him or Zimmer as a replacement. Kind of like Labeau or Capers.

Anyone else surprised that no requests have been made to interview him for H/C jobs?

CBF

I'm not surprised..aside from leading the league in sacks the defense just wasn't that good. As Bills fans we get a little over excited by anything positive we do, but in the grand scheme of things we still are a bad football team. This defense was fun to watch at times but was still walked all over far to many times. Its has marked improvement to build on but that is all.

As this has been discussed previously, no. Not yet at least. He's been living in a shadow behind Ryan, and while the Bills D had an "ok" year, it wasn't anything that would warrant a HC look after his first season being "the man".

Now, if the Bills D keeps improving next year, he may be talked about then, or the year after.

But we have at least 1, most likely 2 years, before we have to worry.

And it may luckily coincide with Marvin Lewis getting fired in Cincinnati. I'd take him or Zimmer as a replacement. Kind of like Labeau or Capers.

agreed. It will happen when they win some playoff games.

• 2 weeks later...