The next great QB rivalry: Wilson vs. Kaepernick

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of stupid football fans around here.

Sometimes I think its the Bills fault. When all you watch is the Bills, you forget how REAL football is supposed to look.

Bills fans in general accept players as more than adequate, that every playoff team in the league would be actively looking to upgrade.

Same board that STILL tries to find reasons to say that Fitz was a good QB....

Sometimes I think its the Bills fault. When all you watch is the Bills, you forget how REAL football is supposed to look.

Bills fans in general accept players as more than adequate, that every playoff team in the league would be actively looking to upgrade.

Yeah man, I dont get it either. Some of the posts on here are ridiculous

yet both are in the conference championship in consecutive years..yes great defense. ..yes great ol/rb.....and No....EJ couldn't QB either team this far....Both guys are going to win a lot of games.

Brees had 30 yards passing in the first half. ...The elements had a lot to do with Wilson's low total. Not a great stat to pull if you're going to knock him.

EJ couldn't quarterback either team, period.

Wilson & Kapernick are solid but only time will tell if they are great and trully franchise QB's. Kapernick killed his team in the second half. Both interceptions were from poor choices. Wilson made his share of mistakes as well. It still comes down to defense to will a championship. Denver's D stepped up today against the Cheatriots and Peyton Manning, who is trully a franchise QB, was great again. I think Denver will be a heavy favorite and will beat Seattle. They have the whole package. Solid offense, special teams, defense and coaching. It doesn't get any better than that. And just two years ago they barely made the playoffs at 8 - 8.

The league has figured Wilson out. He doesn't have the vision or arm strength of Brees. Maybe with experience he gets better. I will not say he can't but right now all he throws are WR screens and 12 yard curls. He is high on a lot of sideline throws. He does not throw over the middle at all.

Kaepernick is still an athlete playing QB. He too may improve. He can be wildly inaccurate. Threw some really bad passes today but also had at least three drops. He had three crazy good throws that are jaw dropping. The jump pass TD to Bouldin was ridiculous.

Stupid, over reactionary, dumb enough to think they can call out one GMs for missing out on some questionable prospect that the entire league passed on at least twice.

Thinking a guy that can pass for 200 yards a game with a top d, top RB, top o line, and solid wide receivers could have been the bills savior. That's priceless!

Here is a trivia question: what QBs were 29th and 31st in passing yards per game this year, hint it's the next "great" game manager QB rivalry of the future.

These guys would have been nice, they wouldn't have fixed the Bills. These two teams plugged in competent game manager QBs into phenomenal rosters.

I'll get it started:

http://chicago.barst...01/KAW6hk21.jpg

Both were passed on by Buddy Nix knowing our #1 need was QB

Who ya got??? Still kills me that Wilson is not a Bill. Brains, athletic ability, leadership, maturity, cool in the pocket, doesn't make the big mistake. Kaep is a stud but Wilson has the heart of a Champion and I think he will have more success.

While I agree, I also wonder what how it might have played out if either of them became a Bill? Fitzpatrick still would have started as the rookies were brought along slowly and not given a proper shot on the field. Gailey would have stubbornly clinged to Fitz, despite everyone's outcry until he got fired. This might have been their first year's as starters in the league. Not sure we would be talking about either one in the same way if they had become Bills?!?

Edited by cage

So I was watching the Seahawks-49ers game at some tavern on the beach just north of Miami,and when I watched R. Wilson lead the charge for what proved to be the winning score, I turned to the stranger standing next to me and said, dammit, we could have had him!! And he looked at me square in the eye and said, "who could..."? I said my Bills and we could have Wilson and be here instead. He replied buddy you must be either high or delusional, maybe both, even Russell Wilson woulldn't make any difference with "your Bills", they have inferior coaching, marginal players, and a defacto owner. Just don't worry about it, nothing Wilson could have done would make any difference. And yet somehow deep inside, I didn't end up feeling any better.

Edited by patfitz

In a way the guy is right. If the Bills had Seattle's D, their running game and R. Wilson they'd be there. Wilson, at this point in his career, isn't a guy who puts his team on his back and wins games. He's part of the machine but he fits into that machine perfectly and doesn't make the big mistakes that cost his team. He's efficient. That being said I'd love to see some efficiency out of the QB position on the Bills.

Wilson can throw the deep ball something we have not seen yet from our new franchise QB. plus he seems to have better pocket presence. The Bills have as good of a running game as the Hawks maybe less power and more finesse. I think the difference is that the OC at seattle is calling plays that work to the QB strength and willing to take major chances

No arguing that. All I'm saying is these QB's are not all that. Any QB would be successful on these teams.

You can't be serious ?? . . . watch the plays that both Kaepernick and Wilson made yesterday -- they are damn good QB's -- on ANY team --- granted they are surrounded with decent talent on offense and great defenses --- put either of them on the Bills and Bills this year are 10-6, not 6-10 ---- that is HUGE --- would we be SuperBowl caliber, no -- but playoffs -- absolutely --- take a look at the games the Bills lost this year ---- the QB is by far the most important position in all of team sports ---

agreed. chandler is the poster child. every te in both games yesterday, including 3rd stringers, looked more athletic than him and just as big and powerful.

That's a great point --- watching the games the past couple of weeks, you can see how far away the Bills are in many areas -- they are not a complete team --- a few plays here and there, better QB play etc --- gets us to 10-6 --- but we are not close to being in the company of SF, Den and Sea ---- depressing

The league has figured Wilson out. He doesn't have the vision or arm strength of Brees. Maybe with experience he gets better. I will not say he can't but right now all he throws are WR screens and 12 yard curls. He is high on a lot of sideline throws. He does not throw over the middle at all.

Meh, we'll see what they can do against a softer D in a couple weeks. Seattle's offense was overmatched all over the field yesterday - both in the trenches, and on the perimeter. For all the talk about poor Brady not having his all-world TE's, Wilson's weapons aren't really much better. The guy made two huge throws a lot farther than 12 yards downfield when they were down 10-0 & 17-13 to guys named Baldwin & Kearse.

The biggest weakness I saw was his pocket presence. Too much spinning & running backwards when he could've been stepping up in the pocket. Maybe height plays a role in that, I don't know.

In a way the guy is right. If the Bills had Seattle's D, their running game and R. Wilson they'd be there. Wilson, at this point in his career, isn't a guy who puts his team on his back and wins games. He's part of the machine but he fits into that machine perfectly and doesn't make the big mistakes that cost his team. He's efficient. That being said I'd love to see some efficiency out of the QB position on the Bills.

I think we do have their D, just without their attitude.

We need one more pile-driving RB (Hyde? Andre Williams?) to groom to replace FJ.

We tried to play football with 5 quarterbacks this year--that's not inefficiency, that's inconsistency. Get EJ a line in front of him for chrissakes.

That's a great point --- watching the games the past couple of weeks, you can see how far away the Bills are in many areas -- they are not a complete team --- a few plays here and there, better QB play etc --- gets us to 10-6 --- but we are not close to being in the company of SF, Den and Sea ---- depressing

The Seahawks and Niners were both "Buffalo Bills" teams of the NFC a few short years ago, until they turned it around and they became really good teams.

Given how really good our young defense is looking, I don't see how you can make a statement like that. The Bills look like the Seahawks and Niners of a few years ago, a team with a lot of young defensive talent that is on the verge of becoming relevant if they can get it right on offense.

I think the Bills go heavy on offense in the draft and FA to put very good players around EJ Manuel so that there will be no excuses for him to not be successful. I see the Bills mirroring Chip Kelly's offense in Philly and as long as he stays healthy Manuel will look just as good as Nick Foles in his second year.

As for Kaep and Wilson, both guys looked very shaky yesterday. They're very good, but they are not the next Brady and Manning, they are new school QBs who are skilled athletes playing the QB position. IMO they'll struggle to have the consistency in level of play as the classic "drop back" QBs.

Russel Wilson went in the third round, which means every team in the NFL had two cracks at him; some had three, including teams whose QB situations are right now as dire as Buffalo's. Bangarang is right... just let it go. Look to the future.

Edited by RJ (not THAT RJ)

I think we do have their D, just without their attitude.

We need one more pile-driving RB (Hyde? Andre Williams?) to groom to replace FJ.

We tried to play football with 5 quarterbacks this year--that's not inefficiency, that's inconsistency. Get EJ a line in front of him for chrissakes.

We most certainly don't have their D--not their DBs anyway.

And how would you like the Seattle O-line? Yikes. Wilson would take our o-line in a heartbeat.

Russel Wilson went in the third round, which means every team in the NFL had two cracks at him; some had three, including teams whose QB situations are right now as dire as Buffalo's. Bangarang is right... just let it go. Look to the future.

How many teams that desperately needed a QB in that draft passed on one in the first 3 rounds?

Gosh WEO, you're right! How silly of me to forget that the point of every conversation is to act as though the Bills are uniquely bad at everything forever!

I will work on that.

What proves to you that they are good at anything, the recent team success?

It's probably true. I think QBs are often times part talent, and part how they are coached up in the NFL.

If we chose him, it's likely he'd be sitting on the bench behind Fitzpatrick, then the new staff would have still drafted a new QB, because Wilson is short, and was stuck being Fitz, so he must not have been any good. etc etc

I have a feeling until this Homey Hire experiment that Brandon has implemented with hiring Marrone runs it's coarse we won't see any thing but the same old Bills ...

Until Brandon realizes he's not a football guy & backs off & lets Whaley do what he does well which is run a football team we won't get better !

In the exhaustive coaching search (which was a joke) & if you agree with how they put it your just drinking the Kool Aid there were way to many stones left unturned to call it exhaustive by any means !

That was a Brandon term if i ever heard one , 5 candidates & one weeks time does not a invoke "exhaustive search" as the main term ...

So i guess i would agree with the guy you talked to at the bar because first you need coaches that understand how to use the talent they have & by our ST unit going from 8 to 31, our O line going from relevant to what ever it was this year , i can't see how even a QB as good as WIlson could develop running for his

life .

What proves to you that they are good at anything, the recent team success?

Are you really going to claim the Bills aren't good at anything? They didn't win games, but only someone totally ignorant to the game of football could make that statement.

LMAO

more non-sense coming from the mouths of fans who think 1 missed pick is the answer

Wilson would be in his 3rd year in Buffalo and ALL THE FANS would be asking for a new QB this year if he was.

Considering that we'd likely still be at 6-10 due to other holes, or him being on the bench behind Tuel/Flynn... probably. ;)

So I was watching the Seahawks-49ers game at some tavern on the beach just north of Miami,and when I watched R. Wilson lead the charge for what proved to be the winning score, I turned to the stranger standing next to me and said, dammit, we could have had him!! And he looked at me square in the eye and said, "who could..."? I said my Bills and we could have Wilson and be here instead. He replied buddy you must be either high or delusional, maybe both, even Russell Wilson woulldn't make any difference with "your Bills", they have inferior coaching, marginal players, and a defacto owner. Just don't worry about it, nothing Wilson could have done would make any difference. And yet somehow deep inside, I didn't end up feeling any better.

I call BS. You were sitting in your living room watching the game. If by some stretch you were in a bar in FLA there's no way that the random person you spoke to had that much info on the Bills. I don't on other teams and neither do you. Add to this the fact that we beat the fins twice last season and I say BS.