Wade Phillips fired

You'll need to be careful with those facts. Bills fans don't deal well with things that a) Don't happen immediately or b) Allow them to see things in any other colors than back & white.

While McKelvin had an off year he led the league last year. Hardly a punt catcher.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe the Bills will hire him, since Pettine is guaranteed to get a HC job next season, according to experts. ;)

DC on a losing team at 6-10, and 28 th ranked run defense do not get head coaching jobs. What experts? I hope you were kidding. I like Pettine, but don't see him leaving until we get hot. We go to the playoffs for two years and rank in the top 5 in defense, and we'll lose him. Not now.

DC on a losing team at 6-10, and 28 th ranked run defense do not get head coaching jobs. What experts? I hope you were kidding. I like Pettine, but don't see him leaving until we get hot. We go to the playoffs for two years and rank in the top 5 in defense, and we'll lose him. Not now.

It's sarcasm. Some here think he's getting a HC job very soon.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164748-pettine-speculation/

Edited by nucci

When I said not a good year to hire college coach, it was in reference to potential success. The Jim Caldwells of the NFL will be the safe hires for teams close to turning a team around like Detroit. Bill O'Brien will have his work cut out for him. No QB, dinged up RB, below average Offensive line, average DBs. He has good WR and TE along with a solid front 7 on Defense. I think Lovie Smith will be successful with Tedford as OC and Frazier as DC.

Edited by Nitro

One thing i never really understood was how Wade lost his job by having a winning team .

It would be nice to know what really happened that year ...

marty schottenheimer for head coach. wade coach the defense.

That would be one bad ass coaching team !!

Yes, the Bills let Wade go. They also let Bill Polian go. Also John Butler. I think Ralph went a little crazy in the early 90s and was bent on demonstrating his authority. Later on his flunky beancounter (Jeff Littman) took control, and the sinking ship was doomed.

One thing i never really understood was how Wade lost his job by having a winning team .

It would be nice to know what really happened that year ...

That would be one bad ass coaching team !!

Just like everyone wants Marrone to fire the ST coach, Ralph wanted Phillips to fire his ST coach...his buddy Ronnie Jones...who was a horrible coach. Wade said no, Ralph said bye.