Playoff Picks

CSBill

Colts - Chiefs D is not as good as advertised and Andrew Luck is better than Alex Smith.

Chargers - Philip Rivers is an elite QB. The Chargers are dangerous lately. Dalton throws a lot of picks.

Eagles - Saints on the road with crap elements... It might not be Drew's fault but they will underwhelm.

Packers - In cold Wisconsin. Discount double check.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs - Colts can be inconsistent. Chiefs D primed for a big game.

Eagles - Eagles have quietly been one of the best teams in the league the 2d half. They are simply better than NO, home field is the clincher.

Bengals - Chargers stink.

49ers - Niners won't be intimidated on the road or in the cold. They are too solid, GB is a far cry from the team they had a few years ago.

Chiefs - Colts can be inconsistent. Chiefs D primed for a big game.

Eagles - Eagles have quietly been one of the best teams in the league the 2d half. They are simply better than NO, home field is the clincher.

Bengals - Chargers stink.

49ers - Niners won't be intimidated on the road or in the cold. They are too solid, GB is a far cry from the team they had a few years ago.

First post I've seen that I agree with all picks. K.C. was 2-5 after their bye, but Reid will have them ready. Eagles have enough to beat the traveling Saints. Bengals beat the weak Chargers. 49ers are going to the Super Bowl.2

First post I've seen that I agree with all picks. K.C. was 2-5 after their bye, but Reid will have them ready. Eagles have enough to beat the traveling Saints. Bengals beat the weak Chargers. 49ers are going to the Super Bowl.2

The Chargers did look bad last week but also BLASTED the Broncos in Denver less than a month ago.

Chiefs

Saints

Chargers

Green Bay

The Chargers did look bad last week but also BLASTED the Broncos in Denver less than a month ago.

And beat KC at full strength, in KC. And beat the Colts. And went to the wire with Cincy. Weather forecast may be an issue for SD (34 with snow/rain mix). Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Chiefs

Saints

Chargers

Green Bay

And beat KC at full strength, in KC. And beat the Colts. And went to the wire with Cincy. Weather forecast may be an issue for SD (34 with snow/rain mix).

Lots of real good matchups. I could easily have talked myself into swapping all 4 picks this week.

Well, we all know one team that won't be playing. So lets have some fun, this is NOT "who will win the Super Bowl," just "who will win this weekend"? Tell us your picks, and why:

NFL Playoffs Schedule: Week 18

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM

Your picks (and why) . . .

Colts - They've beaten some of the best teams in the league this year...the 49ers on the road as well as the Seahawks & Broncos at home. They also beat the Chiefs in KC a couple of weeks ago. I've said all year that the Chiefs are paper tigers and I'm sticking to it. Colts win at home.

Saints - I don't like the Saints on the road, especially in a cold weather stadium, but they have a good enough D and the weapons on O to edge out the Iggles who won arguably the weakest division in football. Saints win on the road in a close one.

Bengals - They're just a better all-around team and are capable of getting on a roll. They're at home and the Chargers did everything in their power last week to try and back out of the playoffs against the Chiefs reserves. Bengals win at home.

Packers - Solely for the 'Aaron Rodgers Factor'. Logically, the 49ers are the pick and the better team but Rodgers flips the script here. With a game under his belt along with top WR Randall Cobb, the Pack can get on a roll, as well. Packers win at home.

Colts win a boring game. Better QB and KC is a fraud as others have mentioned.

Bengals win a close game - traditionally they don't have a great homefield advantage so I think their home/away dichotomy of results this year is a bit of a fluke. Despite their incredible luck last week, the Chargers are absolutely more deserving of being in this game than the Steelers. I do think weather is a factor here & the Bengals superiority in the trenches wins out. Losing your two best players on D has to catch up with you at some point though; probably next week.

I'll take the Packers with Godgers at home. Wouldn't be shocked if I'm horrifically wrong here since the 9ers clearly have the better roster and coach.

Saints are the one road team that does not have a disadvantage at either QB or 'the rest of the roster' so I'll go w/ them. Interesting point by Barnwell today that if the officiating wasn't poor in the 49ers/Patriot games their home/away splits would not look atypical. Plus "the Linc" is a lousy home advantage. Great job by Chip this yr w/ that roster either way - what happened to all the macho "aint none of that Oregon stuff working in this league" guys?

Edited by BuffOrange

Well, we all know one team that won't be playing. So lets have some fun, this is NOT "who will win the Super Bowl," just "who will win this weekend"? Tell us your picks, and why:

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM

Chiefs over Colts 34-24. Irsay needs something new to go on a drunken rant about. Maybe he will say if they still had Peyton they would've made it out of the 1st Round.

Eagles over Saints 41-31. The Eagles have too many weapons and the Saints have a lot of injuries.

Bengals over Chargers 31-27. Rivers will do all he can, but the ground game of the Bengals (Giovanni Bernard) will grind out victory.

Green Bay over San Francisco 30-27. Kaepernick will not have a game like in week one and the Pack steal one on a last FG @ home in the frozen Tundra.

Colts over Chiefs. Colts have beaten several top teams, including the Chiefs at Arrowhead. Not to mention they have the better QB.

Eagles over Saints. Eagles defense is suspect, but the Saints are horrid on the road. Could be a shootout.

Bengals over Chargers. Rivers has carried the Chargers to victories this year, but Bengals defense will pull this one out.

49'ers over Packers. Forget the weather, this is not the same Packers team of a few years ago. 49'ers are too good to lose this one.

I have an amazing pick history for Playoff games. 50%. Either I suck at it or there's just no telling with the League parity. I'm going with the former.. Anyway;

Colts -because Chiefs are a paper tiger

Saints- because Brees will WILL them to play well on the road

Bengals - because San Diego is Inconsistant

49ers- because GB is too banged up and Rodgers looked very rusty last week.

Broncos & Seahawks are the Number 1's, but 6 of the last 8 SBs had a team who played on WC Weekend -including a couple winners, so ANTHING GOES!

I agree with all of this.

I'm going with the Chiefs over the Colts, the Saints over the Eagles, Chargers over the Bengals, and the Packers over the 49ers. Not necessarily the teams expected to win....But that's who I want to win. The Chiefs going far into the playoffs is a good "glory" days reminder....Simply, they're a long standing, traditional team.....That were pretty good when the Bills were good in the 90's. I'd like to see the Saints shake the "cold weather/on the road" suck fest. Rivers can "will" his team to a win over Andy Dalton and the Bengals. And I like the idea of the Packers winning this year's "ice bowl".

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM Colts. Homefield and QB play carry the Colts in a close one.

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM Eagles. Homefield and superior running game are decisive in bad weather.

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM Bengals. Chargers are on a roll but the Bengals are a better team than people give credit to. They are better in all areas except QB and the difference in QBs won't be enough to carry SD.

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM 49ers. 49ers finally starting to play well again. Wintry outdoor conditions work perfectly for the 49ers.

Chiefs(great googly moogly). Indy is one dimensional. KC has a D that can shut down Luck. Smith and the running game do just enough for KC

Philly. I so want to take N.O. but just do not see it. Going against my heart

Bengals. Lewis gets his first playoff win with a strong D showing. Remember this team stepped up against Brady and NE at home. I think this Bungals team is different.

Green Bay. Rogers is back and GB gets hot.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

The Chiefs have been over-rated all year. The Bills pushed them all over the field until Tuel screwed up. I take the Colts at home

One team playing in Philly has Drew Brees and the other doesn't. Saints.

Bengals. The Chargers usually weren't hitting on more than 5 cylinders out of 8 all year, at best. Cinci at home, with their good defense and the cold weather playing mind games with the Chargers.

Packers due to the weather in a close call. It's going to be a night game with temperatures at least 15 degrees below zero. Under less extreme conditions I would take the 49ers. This one could go the other way because passing will be so limited, so Kaepernick's mobility could turn into the decisive factor.