Playoff Picks

CSBill

Well, we all know one team that won't be playing. So lets have some fun, this is NOT "who will win the Super Bowl," just "who will win this weekend"? Tell us your picks, and why:

NFL Playoffs Schedule: Week 18

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM

Your picks (and why) . . .

Edited by CSBill

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have an amazing pick history for Playoff games. 50%. Either I suck at it or there's just no telling with the League parity. I'm going with the former.. Anyway;

Colts -because Chiefs are a paper tiger

Saints- because Brees will WILL them to play well on the road

Bengals - because San Diego is Inconsistant

49ers- because GB is too banged up and Rodgers looked very rusty last week.

Broncos & Seahawks are the Number 1's, but 6 of the last 8 SBs had a team who played on WC Weekend -including a couple winners, so ANTHING GOES!

Colts over KC...I just don't believe enough in the Chiefs and Indy just seems to find ways to win.

Eagles over Saints...I think this will be close, but Philly pulls it out because the Saints are just a different team away from the Superdome.

Bengals over Chargers...Cincy's defense will step it up.

Packers over 49ers...probably a homer pick for me, but Green Bay is a different team with Rodgers. I know their D has disappointed, but I have a feeling they'll come to play on Sunday.

Colts-Both of these teams are streaky and can lay an egg. KC is a benefactor of an easy schedule, and I'm giving it to the home team here.

Saints-I know Philly is hot, but the Saints will win. If it's raining/snowing, I might give it to Philly.

Bengals-The Chargers fell ass backwards into the playoffs barely beating the KC back-ups.

Packers-Rodgers is back, he looked solid vs the Bears for having not played in a while. Lambeau is going to be rocking.

Saturday (1/4)

Chiefs at Colts - 4:35 PM >>>> I thinks the Chiefs win on the road. They are more balanced on offense and have a much better defense than the Colts. Andrew Luck will keep it close, but in the end, the Chiefs are the better team.

Saints at Eagles - 8:10 PM >>>> This will be a track meet, and the weather will probably play a factor. The Eagles are on a role, and the Saints have been somewhat inconsistent down the stretch. Neither team has that good of a defense, so I give the Eagles the edge because they have more play-makers on offense

Sunday (1/5)

Chargers at Bengals - 1:05 PM >>>> This seems like the easiest one to pick, but I could see the the Chargers pulling the upset. Rivers is gutsy, and seems to win games he's not supposed to (ask Denver). But in the end, the Bengals are pretty solid all the way around, not necessarily spectacular at anything, but very good at a lot of things. Bengals hold serve in a close one, maybe comes down to a game winning field goal.

49ers at Packers - 4:40 PM >>>> This could be the most entraining game of the weekend. The elements will play a part, and Aaron Rodgers is the "feel good story of the week"—not to mention, he is among the best QBs in the league right now. But SF is good, very good! I think in the end, his moxy and the home field advantage pull it out for the Packers, in a nail biter.

Edited by CSBill

Chiefs but want to say Colts

No Brees win in cold outdoor Phili

Packers look impressive and win

Chargers show they're hot

I'd almost pick Carolina and San Diego. I really like how both teams are playing

I pick Seattle to stumble. And Carolina GB in NFC title game

So it'd be GB over SF then Seattle. Phili over NO. Carolina over Phili

SD over Cin stun NE at home. Beat Denver in the AFC

Edited by jboyst62

Colts - the chiefs will have a hangover from losing in OT and their starters should have played.

Philly - the saints at home but since they aren't Philly.

Bengals - the chargers won their only playoff game last week against subs.

SF - it will be a fun close game but GB doesn't come up with a miracle TD like they did this week.

By the way I suck at gambling and therefore any meaningful analysis of any thing I would bet on. Football and horses being the two things I put $2 dollars down on and scream like it is a million! But hey this was fun anyway.

It's gonna be a hometown sweep

Colts - Colts handily beat the Chiefs in KC a couple weeks ago. If they could win at Arrowhead, they can win at Indy. Look for repeat.

Eagles - Saints are nowhere near as good on the road (coin flip game)

Bengals - Bengals are monsters at home - Too bad they don't have home field throughout

Packers - Rodgers shakes off rust and plays like Favre without the interceptions

Well, we all know one team that won't be playing. So lets have some fun, this is NOT "who will win the Super Bowl," just "who will win this weekend"? Tell us your picks, and why:

Saturday (1/4)

Sunday (1/5)

Chiefs as they have the much stronger defense. It will be close though.

Eagles as Brees can't seem to win tough games not in their dome. Eagles are hot. This will be a fun shoot out.

Cincy as they are by far the more complete team in defense and offense. Dalton plays better at home than away.

49ers as they are a more complete team as well in defense, and the run. Since Crabtree returned they have improved in passing. Mathis again will be close as Aaron Rodgers is always a game changer, but the Packers defense is not good and they lost their best guy in Matthews.

These are my wags as it's always a toss up. The fun part is the wildcard games are usually some of the most exciting games with the exception of last year. The years before many of the games went down to the final drive. That's what I hope for this week. Looking forward to what you guys think.

Saturday (1/4)

Sunday (1/5)

Chiefs @ Colts...Think the Chiefs take this one just because of the defense, but it will be close.

Saints @ Eagles...Saints are a different team on the road, Eagles just seem to have something going right now with Foles. Eagles at home.

Chargers @ Bengals...Would love to take the Chargers here, but man, they barely beat the Chiefs with no one playing in a game they had to have, that scares me. Bengals win this one.

49ers @ Packers...Rodgers back, January in Lambeau field, have to go with the Packers.

Tough calls

Colts (tough call)

Saints (eagles are a bad pass D, plus we always play the NFC Super Bowl rep)

Bengals (though the last several SB winners played Philly in their home opener and that's the chargers)

Niners

@PatKirwanCBS

New Orleans has never won a road playoff game

To be fair they've only played like 5 of those ever... Less impressive a stat in context.

Edited by NoSaint

Going into last week I was CONVINCED that if the Chargers snuck into the playoffs they were going to end up losing the Super Bowl. I just don't think the AFC is that strong. They looked pretty bad on Sunday though so my expectations have diminished. I will go with them this week just because; plus Dalton throws so many picks.

Also:

SF, NO, Colts although I would not be surprised if Luck blew it big time...the Chiefs just are not that good.