Aaron Williams message to Byrd

qblax16

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id guess if byrd walks we add a mid tier vet to pair with williams... and keep the other guys as backups and apparently not core special teams contributors

Possibly might have to. Going into the season with just Searcy/Duke Williams at FS might be dangerous. Not sure how much Duke has progressed during his rookie season we'll see how highly coaches think of him. Think he was a 4th round pick and could've gone higher if not for his off field issues.

Antoine Bethea?

Who cares of his intentions. If he wants to cause a ruckus keep the tag on him then bench him all year if he keeps it up. Make sure he has something to fuss about. Welcome to the NFL.

I think Byrd faked his "ankle" injury so he could leave the game early. Didn't want to risk getting hurt in that game and miss the Probowl so he can use that for contract talks.

totally baseless

Bills hold all the cards here, so he isnt leaving for nothing in return. Absolute worst case scenario is we tag him and trade him and use the pick on Clinton-Dix.

No!!! Not another first round defensive back under any conditions!!!

And btw, I am a HUGE Bama Fan and I am telling you that while Clinton-Dix is good, he is nowhere near a #9. Not even close.

If the Bills are serious about re-signing him, they should make a serious offer that is commiserate with what the top safety in the NFL is making. If Byrd/Parker balk at that, we know that the issue is that they simply do not want to be in Buffalo.

they simply do not want to be in Buffalo. Period. He is gone. Parker will take Carrington out as well. Worked out for Jason Peters. He's in the playoffs on a 3 seed. Bills are 6-10 for like the 8th year in a row.

realistically, if we end up in compensatory pick talks, hed likely get us a 3rd if he simply walked away (and we ended up eligible). one would think wed be able to atleast get a 2, or a 3 plus something, or.... if we tagged and traded him (especially predraft).

im still curious to hear how actively we shopped him in march/april last year or if we thought things would work themselves out.

I would doubt they shopped him at all last year. They had until mid-July to get a deal done and likely expected that they could.

I don't see the downside to tagging and shopping him now, if a deal can not be worked out.

Time for A. Williams, Searcy, Meeks, and Duke Williams to step up next year.

Well, I think Willaims is OK< and probablily Seacy as well. Don't really have an opionion on Meeks...he hasn't played this year, but I am skeptical about the Duke, as he looked lost in space when I saw him this year. Probabily need to draft a safety, but not that high. And, old and slow Jim Leonard did OK in the job as well. He had 4 pciks, just like Byrd. And, I am not for paying top dollar for byrd....as he is slow....not as slow a Leonard, but slow. I saw Bradham run him down and pass him in pursuit of a rb against TB. And, if you lb can run down your safety, thats not good man.

If the Bills are serious about re-signing him, they should make a serious offer that is commiserate with what the top safety in the NFL is making. If Byrd/Parker balk at that, we know that the issue is that they simply do not want to be in Buffalo.

And then tag and trade him.

And I would not be opposed to tagging him and playing him again next season . . . he would be the one playing a game of high stakes then, would he risk an injury that would depreciate his value dramatically? Hmmmm? The more I think about it, I say tag him, and try to sign him, but if not, play and say good-bye next year.

And then tag and trade him.

And I would not be opposed to tagging him and playing him again next season . . . he would be the one playing a game of high stakes then, would he risk an injury that would depreciate his value dramatically? Hmmmm? The more I think about it, I say tag him, and try to sign him, but if not, play and say good-bye next year.

Why the hell do you not want to trade him? We have to get things for our things, Bill.