Who wants to apologize to Jairus Byrd?

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ask me whether I think he was injured severely enough to sit out early games when he was sorely needed and my answer would still be no. His play now does nothing but bolster the fact (to me) that he took the early games off at the expense of his team. I can't prove it, but, he can't disprove it either.

Would love to know how you can cast doubt upon Byrd when both Coach Marrone and Doug Whaley stated for the record on multiple occasions that Byrd did everything he possibly could to get on the field as fast as he could. They both praised his professionalism and attitude with regard to his extra study to learn the defense, helping teammates, and getting treatments to get on the field. Yet fans like you have continually questioned and/or impugned the guys character with zero factual information.

Why listen to the team representatives, when you can form your own opinion based on conjecture? IMO, that is downright shameful.

now that the trade deadline has passed, it's time for him to showcase his health and skills to his next team.

Q: Are you surprised you're still here?

Byrd: Anything can happen. I'm not surprised at all.

Q: Are you glad that day is out of the way?

Byrd: I'm glad it's over and behind us, and we can just work on winning games.

Q: Were there any whispers that a trade was close?

Byrd: I don't want to get into that. I'm here. Let's win.

Q: Are you glad you're here?

Byrd: Yeah. Let's win.

http://espn.go.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/3500/byrd-moves-on-as-trade-deadline-passes

Keep your good players. Period.

Exactly. Do you want to go to the playoffs, or do you want to rebuild, again? There is your answer. And I don't care if it sets a precedent for Carrington b/c he has the same agent. Carrington is a nice player but he is WAY more replaceable. If he doesn't want to sign here, fine. But Byrd is not a guy you let walk.

If we can re-sign Byrd this offseason for somewhere between our offer and his ask, I would be a happy fan. Great news that he has warmed up to staying in Buffalo. I can't help but wonder if his lackluster season and injury situation may have hurt his market value and made him more amenable to re-signing here.

honestly i think the bills have to pay a little extra

1. bills have been nothing but a dumpster fire for the past 14 years.

2. the taxes involved of how much he'd pay because he's playing here and not in texas-florida is quite a bit of money on a big contract

3.they told him they'd get it done last year and didn't. he knows he holds the chips.

Per PFF:

When Jairus Byrd (+3.6) plays like this you understand why he held out. The Pro-Bowl safety added another two picks and now ranks third overall among safeties despite only playing six games. His coverage numbers read: 10 targets, three receptions, 18 yards, three interceptions and two pass deflections… passer rating of 0.0 allowed. Wow. He was only targeted twice by the Jets and both passes he picked off. Both picks came on routes across the middle where he just read Smith’s eyes, broke in front of the receiver and made the catch. As if that wasn’t enough, he showed great closing speed on his sack. He added another hit as a pass rusher that was negated by penalty.

Bills have a lot of room under the cap. Pay your good players and if you're not going to pay them then use that money on other difference makers and bring them in. Letting players like Byrd go while they don't spend to the cap is one of the reasons the Bills have sucked for over a decade.

If Byrd still wants to be the highest paid S then tag him and try to trade him this offseason. We have a weak schedule from here on out so hopefully he will pad his stats and someone will pony up big for him

He is good but he is not worth being the highest paid S. A 2 INT's game agains a rookie QB who throws plenty of INT's does not greatness make

Wake me up when he has 2 INT's against Brady or another playoff bound team in non garbage time, Byrd's career shows he gets his INT's against sub par teams.