Who wants to apologize to Jairus Byrd?

26CornerBlitz

Byrd was not under contract during training camp. He did not play at the beginning of the season because he was injured. Again, do you have inside information regarding his injury or are you just going to continue to impugn his character based on your speculation?

Yes, I will continue to impugn his character. How does him having a good game make change anything?

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I will continue to impugn his character. How does him having a good game make change anything?

It doesn't change anything. You are still impugning his character without a speck of evidence that he was faking an injury. You obviously have no inside information regarding the nature of his injury, nor have you ever even offered a plausible motive that Byrd might have had for faking an injury. I would say your accusation is deplorable, regardless of Byrd's performance today and I would say those who similarly impugned his character owed him an apology long before today.

Wait, why the hell would we apologize to a player who took off the first half of the season, then is now realizing he now has to turn it up in order to strike it rich this offseason? This is not just the case of a player turning in an effort during a contract season, but only putting forth the effort at the latest possible time. Besides, I could've made those picks.

The question is what is your basis for maligning Byrd's character? What is it based on? Factual information? If so, then please present some FACTS.

There is no recorded case of a patient seeking treatment for a debilitating case of Plantar Fasciitis over 12 months that did not end with surgery as the recommendation. So either the doctor's treating the condition were incompetent or the patient wasn't seeking treatment for 12 months.

Wait, why the hell would we apologize to a player who took off the first half of the season, then is now realizing he now has to turn it up in order to strike it rich this offseason? This is not just the case of a player turning in an effort during a contract season, but only putting forth the effort at the latest possible time. Besides, I could've made those picks.

Yet another poster with inside information on Byrd's medical condition. Please, "enlighten" us: What was his true medical condition and how do you know this? More importantly, please tell us what motive a free agent-to-be would have to skip a third of the season with a non-existent injury. Many of us are curious.

Edited by mannc

I am sorry but Ill franchise his ass again if he doesnt want to sign...he played well against a poor rookie QB with his best CB almost fully recovered (gilmore) and with williams and mckelvin both healthy....plus a healthy line and set of linebackers...the current lineup makes a great Saftey look top 3 in the league...heck leonard looked ok back there at times this year...

I wonder what Ed Reed told him at the end of the game...hey brotha don't go to houston they will show your weaknesses...

There is no recorded case of a patient seeking treatment for a debilitating case of Plantar Fasciitis over 12 months that did not end with surgery as the recommendation. So either the doctor's treating the condition were incompetent or the patient wasn't seeking treatment for 12 months.

I assume from this that you are an orthopedic surgeon. Please tell us which medical textbook or other source is the basis for the information upon which you base your conclusion.

Edited by mannc

Apologize for what? He doesn't want to be here, but is playing for his big payday this upcoming offseason. He's a good player, and I want him on the team. But c'mon. We all know what's up.

(I'm just referencing his hold out, not his health. I have no insight to his health)

Edited by Dorkington

What treatments did he seek? Who were the medical professionals that advised him or gave him a course of treatment? What did he do in the offseason WRT training? Since you're in possession of the FACTS, I expect you to know these things. Tell us what you know Mr. character assassination.

Not me. He had a great game he is a very good... maybe even a potentially great player. He should apologize to his team mates for letting them down the first half of the season. The guy is earning 7 million a season and we should apologize?

I assume from this that you are an orthopedic surgeon. Please tell us which medical textbook or other source is the basis for the information upon which you base your conclusion.

The New England Journal of Medicine. August, 2004.

Care to share your inside knowledge of Byrd's condition and how you know how severe it was?

What treatments did he seek? Who were the medical professionals that advised him or gave him a course of treatment? What did he do in the offseason WRT training? Since you're in possession of the FACTS, I expect you to know these things. Tell us what you know Mr. character assassination.

Byrd never had surgery.

Source: The Buffalo Bills, The NFL, Jairus Byrd

Byrd has suffered the condition all of last season.

Source: Jairus Byrd

I assume you will also share your source on the treatments he underwent that show he trying to get back on the field.

Edited by jeremy2020

You are wasting your time. These people would rather just trash one of the only legitimate pro bowl players on this roster than face the fact that the Bills front office misplayed its hand once again.

2004??? Are you kidding me??? 2004???

2004 was the last published in depth study on Plantar Fasiitis in the Journal. I assume, of course, you can point to a more updated source that documents more severe cases and a degradation in the treatment methods.

Not me...no apologies to someone who holds out and doesn't want to be here...

Again--misinformation. Byrd did not hold out. He reported to camp within days of signing his franchise tag tender. As to whether he wants to be here or not, it's possible. It's also possible that he just wants to be paid like one of the two or three best safeties in the league, which many knowledgeable people believe he is.

The New England Journal of Medicine. August, 2004.

Care to share your inside knowledge of Byrd's condition and how you know how severe it was?

Byrd never had surgery.

Source: The Buffalo Bills, The NFL, Jairus Byrd

Byrd has suffered the condition all of last season.

Source: Jairus Byrd

I assume you will also share your source on the treatments he underwent that show he trying to get back on the field.

I have no inside information and neither do you. You have absolutely no idea how severe his injury is/was, what treatment he received in the offseason, whether anyone recommended that he have surgery, whether his doctors are competent, or whether he was simply faking an injury. And, once again, you have failed to advance any plausible motive he might have had to fake an injury. How would doing so have enhanced his value in the marketplace or benefitted him in any other way? It seems to me that it would have done the opposite. I also note that you are now changing your accusation somewhat. You are now arguing that perhaps Byrd was not healthy at the beginning of the season, but that it was his fault because he did not follow the treatment recommendations of his doctors or perhaps you're saying that he sabotaged his own health to spite the Bills. Or both. Either way, you have zero evidence to back up your character assassination.

Edited by mannc