Who wants to apologize to Jairus Byrd?

26CornerBlitz

Haven't had a Byrd thread in a while. Three Picks and a sack in the last two games. The Bills are a far better team with this guy on the field. Hope the Bills and his agent work things out.

@buffalobills

Jairus Byrd: "I've been here for four years. I want to win here"

Sideline Reactions: Bills 37 - Jets 14

By Joe Buscaglia

JoeB@wgr550.com

Byrd proving his worth

- Ladies and gentlemen, the real Jairus Byrd is back. He's been showing glimpses throughout the season since his return from a bout with plantar fasciitis, and even popped last week with an interception against the Pittsburgh Steelers. Byrd followed that up with one of his biggest games as a member of the team. Two interceptions, a sack and another hard hit on the quarterback on a third down play made Byrd into one of the biggest reasons the Bills won so soundly. It was only a matter of time before the safety got back to his level of abilities, and it seems like he's finally in sync with Mike Pettine's defensive philosophies in full. The Bills will have another hearty decision on their hands at the end of the season, but the drop-off from Jairus Byrd will be noticed if they intend to walk away from him at the end of the year. He's playing his way into a big contract once again.

BZSLfgtCcAAY29W.png

Roth: Bills' Jairus Byrd makes statement in win over Jets

As for Byrd, 27, and his future with the team, it was clear in his post-game news conference how much he wants to remain in a Bills uniform. Money is always a factor but it's not the only factor. He likes where this team is headed. And if the Bills fail to keep Byrd and his 300-plus career tackles, 21 interceptions and 26 total takeaways in the fold, they'll have a lot of explaining to do.

"Honestly, I'm over that,'' Byrd said of his contract situation. "I've been here four years and I want to win games here.

"I'm having a lot of fun,'' he added. "There are a lot of new faces but I've gotten comfortable and gotten a good feel for everyone in the locker room. A lot of people use the saying 'Family' but it really is. If you can go out there and just play with your brothers and have fun, there's nothing like it.''

Sure doesn't sound like a Byrd readying to fly to a greener pasture.

1384733470002-Jg-111713-Bills-6.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't apologize for a player that didn't show up until it was too late and refused to play through an injury that he had in previous years.

I will say what I have since this whole thing started, I really hope he's here for good and in pro bowl form. I'll also say it again that I've always thought he was worth the best safety in the league money and the last few weeks are showing that. Let's hope he continues through the rest of the year and the Bills make him a multimillionaire.

I won't apologize for a player that didn't show up until it was too late and refused to play through an injury that he had in previous years.

I will say what I have since this whole thing started, I really hope he's here for good and in pro bowl form. I'll also say it again that I've always thought he was worth the best safety in the league money and the last few weeks are showing that. Let's hope he continues through the rest of the year and the Bills make him a multimillionaire.

Ah, he's already a multimillionaire. $6.9 million this year alone.

Feel the same about him today as I did a month ago. If he wants to stay sign him to a decent deal. If he wants to walk tag him again. Remind me again though...why should I be apologizing to a millionaire athlete?

Not at all, he still needs to go after his shenanigans.

so, you would let him go for nothing? that would show him!

Feel the same about him today as I did a month ago. If he wants to stay sign him to a decent deal. If he wants to walk tag him again. Remind me again though...why should I be apologizing to a millionaire athlete?

Truthfully, there was some pretty nasty character assassination going on earlier this season without any foundation in fact.

I will apologize, but not to.

Jairus, I am sorry your agent is Eugene Parker. I am sorry you visualize yourself with an inflated self worth. I am sorry you held out through all of camp. I am sorry you have been dealing with plantar whatever. Thanks for the great game today against the Jets and making Geno cry in the locker room afterwards. That is all.