Well as of right now we draft 6th

Kellyto83TD

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/11/10/5088482/2014-nfl-draft-order-buccaneers-take-first-for-a-day

I would normally see this as a bright spot in ANOTHER crap season, but we have the same clowns picking players so even that is a downer. I would say tank the rest of the season for the #3-4 pick, but what would it matter. These clowns will screw it up.

And you KNOW what is going to happen right? Manzel comes out and is #1 and there will still be 2-3 NFL ready type QB's (unlike EJ who had no business being picked in the first) and Buffalo will bypass them because they have EJ.

And why not? isn't that how it normally goes for the Bills fans?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we draft in X spot, (X-1) absolute can't-miss players will come out for the draft.

Bank it.

Johnny football, no matter what Hackett / Marone calls, he will find a way to make a play. Kinda like a guy named Flutie.

Hello.

I'm so tired of justifying sucking for an entire football season to have a top 10 draft pick. Been there, done that and we still suck.

The problem is that we don't suck enough to make it worthwhile.We never end with a top 3 pick always around 10 or so. we just suck at sucking.

http://www.bucsnation.com/2013/11/10/5088482/2014-nfl-draft-order-buccaneers-take-first-for-a-day

I would normally see this as a bright spot in ANOTHER crap season, but we have the same clowns picking players so even that is a downer. I would say tank the rest of the season for the #3-4 pick, but what would it matter. These clowns will screw it up.

And you KNOW what is going to happen right? Manzel comes out and is #1 and there will still be 2-3 NFL ready type QB's (unlike EJ who had no business being picked in the first) and Buffalo will bypass them because they have EJ.

And why not? isn't that how it normally goes for the Bills fans?

At worst the "clowns" in the front office found a very good starting LB and WR in the last draft and may have found a decent deep threat as well. That's IF EJ turns out to be a complete bust and no one else from the class contribute. 2 starters in one draft that I think could start for most NFL teams, there's a lot of reason to cut this front office some slack. I for one really look forward to see what kind of leap the team could take with another draft just like last year's. Especially if EJ looks better down the stretch.

Whoa...I'll be the first to say that EJ stunk up the place on Sunday, but I'm not sold on him as a bust at all, and would wait until the end of the season. Chances are if we are actually picking sixth he will have been a bust and we should go for one of the three or four nfl qb's coming out for this draft. I'm hearing comparisons of this class to the 1983 class...so if its even CLOSE to that we might go qb.In reality we will be picking (I think) in the 10-15 slot...making EJ hard to give up on and we'll be looking to shore up an area of weakness. (cornerback?) or go for a stud offensive lineman.

If we end up with a top 5 pick, we will trade down with a team needing a quarterback....stuipidity at its finest.

^^ this.

If this team had any football common sense we would drop the last few games and finish with 3 wins and possibly pic 3-5. If so, we go QB period. This class is MUCH better than last years, but Scott is spot on. We will trade down and let someone else take a better QB than what we have.

We have clowns running this thing who's egos out weigh smart football decisions. Who gives a crap if the National media rips us for taking another QB? If he gets us to the playoffs then superbowl the Media can suck it.

The hard part to stomach is the current staff will be too bullheaded to admit their mistake and pass on one of these QB's who, while aren't Manning type prospects, are still guys who very well could still turn around a franchise. What will hurt even further is, we have a good enough nucleus where one of these guys is all this team needs to turn it around, but it will all rot away while the management will stick with their guy no matter what. That is what takes the frustration to a whole other level...... :wallbash:

The hard part to stomach is the current staff will be too bullheaded to admit their mistake and pass on one of these QB's who, while aren't Manning type prospects, are still guys who very well could still turn around a franchise. What will hurt even further is, we have a good enough nucleus where one of these guys is all this team needs to turn it around, but it will all rot away while the management will stick with their guy no matter what. That is what takes the frustration to a whole other level...... :wallbash:

How do we know this?

There is no written rule that states you CAN'T draft a QB in the 1st Round two years in a row. At some point, an NFL franchise has to have the balls to buck the trend. Why can't it be us (for once)?

Carolina drafted Cam Newton 1st overall after taking Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd Round only a year earlier. The Redskins took RG3 2nd overall, then doubled up with Kirk Cousins in the 3rd Round.

In an era where Luck, RGIII, Wilson, Dalton, etc. are leading playoff teams as rookies, why are teams so STUBBORN to stick with a sinking ship for 2-4 years? It's absolutely ridiculous.

What's the worst thing that could happen? You kill EJ's confidence? Well, guess what. If he can't handle competition for his spot, he was never going to be the guy anyway. Don't want to waste another 1st round pick? Well, your team isn't going anywhere without a top QB, so technically you are wasting all of your picks by waiting around for a lost cause. And if by some miracle you end up with TWO good QBs, you can easily get a 1st round pick back (and probably more) by making a trade.

Show me this good nucleus. Who kicked any Steelers a$$ at ANYthing yesterday? Face it and quit buying into this drivel about being so improved. We still have the same problems ( soft up front on the lines, can't handle the blitz, midget WR's) that we have for years besides our QB issues. This team still needs 3 or 4 starters at key positions and to be a whole lot more physical. Anyone who thinks that a QB short of a Luck, manning, Or barday could turn this team around is delusional. Yesterday was so disappointing not due to a shaky EJM (which I expected) but that even in their current state, PIT still had their way with us physically and no QB on the roster could have covered up for that. Until this bunch proves they can push around a physical 3-4 blitzing team and impose their will on them, they're still the same Bills.

Indy barely tanked enough to get Luck.....but they are now set for 10-15 bloody years

I meant to type "Brady" (above) Yes, we should have "sucked for luck" never felt confident about Fitz long term...

Whoa...I'll be the first to say that EJ stunk up the place on Sunday, but I'm not sold on him as a bust at all, and would wait until the end of the season. Chances are if we are actually picking sixth he will have been a bust and we should go for one of the three or four nfl qb's coming out for this draft. I'm hearing comparisons of this class to the 1983 class...so if its even CLOSE to that we might go qb.In reality we will be picking (I think) in the 10-15 slot...making EJ hard to give up on and we'll be looking to shore up an area of weakness. (cornerback?) or go for a stud offensive lineman.

Show me this good nucleus. Who kicked any Steelers a$$ at ANYthing yesterday? Face it and quit buying into this drivel about being so improved. We still have the same problems ( soft up front on the lines, can't handle the blitz, midget WR's) that we have for years besides our QB issues. This team still needs 3 or 4 starters at key positions and to be a whole lot more physical. Anyone who thinks that a QB short of a Luck, manning, Or barday could turn this team around is delusional. Yesterday was so disappointing not due to a shaky EJM (which I expected) but that even in their current state, PIT still had their way with us physically and no QB on the roster could have covered up for that. Until this bunch proves they can push around a physical 3-4 blitzing team and impose their will on them, they're still the same Bills.

This is 2013. Not every good NFL team is the "physical" type that pushes teams around on the line of scrimmage. Indianapolis (with Peyton) was a powerhouse for years, and they were about as finesse as you get.

We do have a good nucleus on this team. If EJ could complete ANYTHING yesterday, you might have seen some running lanes open for Fred and CJ. And the defense played pretty well through 3 quarters, until it was clear the game was lost.

The missing piece has been (for 14 years) and continues to be - Quarterback.

AS YOU stated were at 6 , top 4 teams all need qbs jags,bucs vikings and,, texans ,if manziel comes out he ll lkely be there... that leaves hunley and bridgewater asnd marriota,,, the bigger question to me is does someone trade up for clowney pushing one back maybe to us .?or does one of the LTacles wind up in the top five ahead of a qb? realistically the bills mght have a shot at ucla's barr..top olb in the draft,

This is 2013. Not every good NFL team is the "physical" type that pushes teams around on the line of scrimmage. Indianapolis (with Peyton) was a powerhouse for years, and they were about as finesse as you get.

We do have a good nucleus on this team. If EJ could complete ANYTHING yesterday, you might have seen some running lanes open for Fred and CJ. And the defense played pretty well through 3 quarters, until it was clear the game was lost.

The missing piece has been (for 14 years) and continues to be - Quarterback.

Indy was finesse, but they had a HOF WR or two, excellent TE and a kick a$$ run-blocking line. The D was big play, but not a rock-em and stop em, that could get after the passer. You usually have to win the LOS consistently to win in the NFL, and we haven't had that component for a long time. The QB situation is obvious, but this team needs a lot more. Show me a wiining NFL team that loses the LOS more than it wins, but wins games. It doesn't happen. The Bills couldn't run yesterday, not just because of run look defense, but they got whipped up front. Some completions downfield, sure. Who was getting open? Who on the Bills Offense presents a matchup problem to a defensive coordinator? The only guy they were concerned about was Goodwin. They doubled him consistently. I saw no one step up and take advantage of that. The lack of a threat at TE and big WR's continue to be a problem, regardless of our issues at QB.

I've heard some analysts say Manzel will drop to the 2nd round, partially based on attitude. I think they'll target WR in 1st and maybe pick QB in 2nd if Manuel doesn't improve.

I'd say WR or LB in rounds 1 and two. A TE perhaps. A LG. A QB would be stunning in anything before round 4 unless EJM really bombs the rest of the way. I mean looks like vs NYJ or PIT in every game type of bomb...

Anyone with free time want to list the 6th pick of the last ten years. Just curious who has been there

Kellen Winslow, Pacman Jones, Vernon Davis, Laron Landry, Vernon Gholston, Andre Smith, Russell Okung, Julio Jones, Morris Claiborne and Barkevious Mingo.

Mike Evans would be great.

I think so but either way him and Johnny are gone.

i like Mike evans a lot. I also like Bryce Petty from Baylor. And if all the QBs are gone, I suspect AJ McCarron falls into the 2nd or third. Hell, i would even look at Conner Shaw...if he can put up with Spurrier, the kid must be mentally tough. Edited by Garranimal

I don't believe we need to panic, some of the five team ranked below us are showing signs of improvement. When it's all over, we could have the second or third overall pick. Awwww hell at this point let's tank the rest of the season, and aim for first pick overall.

I am certainly open to QB if this continues. You can't win without one. I thought that I would throw some names out that interest me (excluding the QBs).

Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee, Eric Ebron, Ife Ekpre-Olomu, Jason Verrett (don't think that they are going to end bad enough to score Clowney)

If I had to pick from that group I like Mack or Barr.

I am certainly open to QB if this continues. You can't win without one. I thought that I would throw some names out that interest me (excluding the QBs).

Anthony Barr, Khalil Mack, Mike Evans, Sammy Watkins, Marquise Lee, Eric Ebron, Ife Ekpre-Olomu, Jason Verrett (don't think that they are going to end bad enough to score Clowney)

If I had to pick from that group I like Mack or Barr.

I have been watching Sammy Watkins since his high school days at SFM High, his game has elevated to the level of competition. I see him as a Julio Jones type player in the NFL. I would not be heart broken if he landed with the Bills.

You would be absolutely amazed at how these perceived weaknesses vanish if you line up a Brees, Brady or Manning behind Center. The defense would improve immediately because it would not constantly be trotting out there in poor field position after 3 and outs. Those "midget" receivers would constantly be open, and the running game would terrorize defenses that were set up to stop the pass. Even the coach might appear to be competent. The importance of having a great QB cannot be overstated.