When were you most wrong on a player?

plenzmd1

I always thought that Lonnie Johnson was going to have a breakout year sooner or later...yikes.

Welcome to the board... or, if you're returning as a previous poster - welcome back.

Lonnie Johnson...Gosh, what about Jay Remiersma, too. We've had a lot of TE's come up short.

I used to work with a guy who gave the initial impression he was a good family man - - but then I got to know him better.

You worked with Juror#8?

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was most wrong about Kelvin Sheppard. I thought from watching his college videos and pre game speeches that he might bring high energy to the defense.

You and me both. I soooooo wanted him to be good, that I totally gave him too much credit for his rare successes and was too willing to overlook his shortcomings.

Coming out of college her really looked like a baller. Not in the mold of Urlacher or Willis, but definitely a difference maker, and it seemed like he could lay the lumber.

I still contend that he has the instincts, it's just his lack of strength and burst that hold him back form being a solid starting MLB. It seems he diagnoses the play just fine, but can't shed a block to save his life.

I wonder if things would've been different for him had he been drafted to another organization. Maybe he wasn't able to develop properly here.

Probably two that I wanted for the Bills, Vince Young and Limas Sweed.

I never saw Vince Young as a good pro but Limas Sweed definitely fooled me too; I thought he was an NFL player for sure.

While we're on UT receivers, I also thought Roy Williams was a lock as a big-time NFL player from the moment I watched him dominating people as a Freshman.

I'll also throw in Stephon Lefors who I still don't understand why he didn't make it.

For current Bills, I'll go with Nigel Bradham who I didn't think had enough ass to hold up in the NFL.

I remember reading a lot of negative posts about McKelvin and Mario Williams. I'm here to tell all of y'all "I told you so"!

mario still disappears at times and has 4 good games. leodis--while making an amazing transformation this year--still has to make up for several disastrous bonehead yrs at CB.

I never saw Vince Young as a good pro but Limas Sweed definitely fooled me too; I thought he was an NFL player for sure.

While we're on UT receivers, I also thought Roy Williams was a lock as a big-time NFL player from the moment I watched him dominating people as a Freshman.

I'll also throw in Stephon Lefors who I still don't understand why he didn't make it.

For current Bills, I'll go with Nigel Bradham who I didn't think had enough ass to hold up in the NFL.

Are you saying you're wrong about Bradham because he's in the NFL? Ass or no ass, he just isn't a very good player in this league. He thumps a couple guys and everyone goes crazy for the kid (kinda like when Thad Lewis throws a couple nice long balls). But he has a LONG way to go to be a player.

GO BILLS!!!

Fitzy...I thought even though we all know he lacked throwing ability---I thought he had the brains and athletic ability to make up for the lack of football talent.-that he'd be our Joe Kapp.

Turns out he had a low football IQ.

Edited by Tcali

You and me both. I soooooo wanted him to be good, that I totally gave him too much credit for his rare successes and was too willing to overlook his shortcomings.

Coming out of college her really looked like a baller. Not in the mold of Urlacher or Willis, but definitely a difference maker, and it seemed like he could lay the lumber.

I still contend that he has the instincts, it's just his lack of strength and burst that hold him back form being a solid starting MLB. It seems he diagnoses the play just fine, but can't shed a block to save his life.

I wonder if things would've been different for him had he been drafted to another organization. Maybe he wasn't able to develop properly here.

My question that I have not ever asked for fear of embarrassment:

Did Sheppard make Poz look better then what he was in hindsight? Was Poz really any better? Was he worse? What was the Sheppard effect?!

Are you saying you're wrong about Bradham because he's in the NFL? Ass or no ass, he just isn't a very good player in this league. He thumps a couple guys and everyone goes crazy for the kid (kinda like when Thad Lewis throws a couple nice long balls). But he has a LONG way to go to be a player.

GO BILLS!!!

Bradham is a slow reactor...mediocre football player with mediocre LB instincts.

I thought Trent Edwards was the real deal when we started 4-1 in 2008. A lot of people don't remember that he played his best game AFTER returning from the head injury (the balloon game against San Diego). After that though, it was all downhill.

Me too, I thought Trent was going to be the one.

GO BILLS!!!

I never thought he would get out of camp.

Everybody went crazy for some monster shot he laid on a 160lb slot receiver floating over the middle, but when you looked at the rest of his tape it looked to me like a guy who played with minimal pop or functional strength. He's nothing more than OK depth for the Bills, but I never thought he had a real chance to even make the roster.

I never thought he would get out of camp.

Everybody went crazy for some monster shot he laid on a 160lb slot receiver floating over the middle, but when you looked at the rest of his tape it looked to me like a guy who played with minimal pop or functional strength. He's nothing more than OK depth for the Bills, but I never thought he had a real chance to even make the roster.

Gotcha. You had me worried for a second there. I thought I was missing something in the kid. Another draft like this year, and he may not make it out of camp next year.

GO BILLS!!!