Bills open to trading Byrd

Jdragon2

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got no problem with a trade. I wouldn't even let him back in the building given his attitude and respect he's shown for this team and team mates.

He's the best safety in the game and in the prime of his career. His agent should easily be able to find someone willing to offer a 1st rounder and later, 4th/5th round, pick as well.

Seriously, "they want to trade Byrd for Nassib" is the silliest suggestion I have ever seen on this board.

It hasn't played out yet.

The Bills may have been contacted by another team after EJ went down.

If Minn signs Freeman to start - Ponder or Cassels could be had... But what value does Byrd have at this point?

I don't understand the timing of the situation but I won't especulate either way. I need more info.

The timing seems to have to do with his return to practice and the football field. Until that, who was going to give a reasonable offer for an injured player?

If Minn signs Freeman to start - Ponder or Cassels could be had... But what value does Byrd have at this point?

There are 30 other teams with backup Qb's. Any one of them could contact the Bills about a deal, knowing that the Bills will now need to sign a Qb. Teams that thought the Bills wouldn't be interested in a trade earlier, might come back to test the water, knowing that the Bills are specifically looking for a Qb.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Of course, Byrd wanted to make a miracle recovery to play on national TV on Thursday night......selling himself to the other NFL personnel that were watching. Glad Marrone sat him.

Interesting point. You screw us, we screw you, then get rid of you.

What happens if Bryd-dog is traded and his new team tags him for next season? Does he get the inflated average salary, since it's his 2nd year, or does the team pay the straight average salary, since it's their first contract with him?

What happens if Bryd-dog is traded and his new team tags him for next season? Does he get the inflated average salary, since it's his 2nd year, or does the team pay the straight average salary, since it's their first contract with him?

He still gets the 120% increase over his salary this year as a player tagged two years in a row.

GO BILLS!!!

He still gets the 120% increase over his salary this year as a player tagged two years in a row.

GO BILLS!!!

Correct - and wasn't the ruling that it's not in a row or with one team, but a simple count over the players career? (Brees situation with the tag in SD and then in NO)

Disintegration before our eyes. Staggering to think we didn't have a veteran backup quarterback option.

The lone bright spot here was getting Byrd/Gilmore back. If we trade him, I'd be happy with a legit lineman and a second round pick. Anything less--especially for a Nassib like player--would be a huge disappointment.

We did, his name was Kolb. What veteran worth a damn was out there that you find it staggering that we didn't pick him up?

I am stunned that anyone would think that trading a pro bowl safety in his prime for a QB like Nassib who will be selling insurance in another year is a good idea, all because he "knows" this offense. I watched every game Syracuse played under Marrone and with Nassib. First, this offense is not SU's offense dressed up for the NFL. It is an offense Hackett and Marrone came up with to fit our personnel, including a QB who is 6-5 and can run, a RB with 4.3 speed and one of the craftiest route runners in the league. Nassib doesn't "know" this offense, you folks are just assuming that the offenses are similar. Second, Nassib throws a pop fly whenever he has to heave it more than 20 yards, and that was in the Carrier Dome where the weather conditions were perfect all year round.

We did, his name was Kolb. What veteran worth a damn was out there that you find it staggering that we didn't pick him up?

I am stunned that anyone would think that trading a pro bowl safety in his prime for a QB like Nassib who will be selling insurance in another year is a good idea, all because he "knows" this offense. I watched every game Syracuse played under Marrone and with Nassib. First, this offense is not SU's offense dressed up for the NFL. It is an offense Hackett and Marrone came up with to fit our personnel, including a QB who is 6-5 and can run, a RB with 4.3 speed and one of the craftiest route runners in the league. Nassib doesn't "know" this offense, you folks are just assuming that the offenses are similar. Second, Nassib throws a pop fly whenever he has to heave it more than 20 yards, and that was in the Carrier Dome where the weather conditions were perfect all year round.

Don't even bother. Anyone that thinks Nassib would be a good acquisition right now, is too far gone to bother with.

Thanks to you both for clarifying.

GO BILLS!!!

Correct - and wasn't the ruling that it's not in a row or with one team, but a simple count over the players career? (Brees situation with the tag in SD and then in NO)

They should definitely trade him. He's been no use to us crying on the side-line. But he still does have some value, trade value. Get at least a 2nd from him. Remember, we picked Kiko up in the 2nd.

This is a pipe dream. The NFL rules for tagged players ( team cannot negotiate long term deal with Byrd until after season) make him untradeable unless the Bills give him away. They wouldn't even get the 4th rounder they supposedly were offered during the offseason. No team would give up more than a 6th or 7th for a guy they could lose in a few months. The team could tag him, sure, but look at the Bills current situation. Byrd will not be traded until the offseason, when you could see a sign and trade type deal, to insure both parties get value. He's a glorified rental for 2013, which makes his trade value next to nil.