Sprained knee on EJ

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000255423/article/bills-browns-acted-classless-after-hurting-ej-manuel

Bills: Browns acted 'classless' after hurting EJ Manuel

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg

•  

print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Gregg Rosenthal
  • Around The League Editor
  • Published: Oct. 4, 2013 at 01:21 p.m.

email-card-title.png Friend(s) EmailYour EmailSend Email

• _Rosenthal1-65x90.jpg
  • By Gregg Rosenthal

More Columns >

Thursday night was a rough one for starting quarterbacks. Cleveland Browns starter Brian Hoyer is out for the season with a torn ACL. Buffalo Bills rookie EJ Manuel was knocked out with a knee injury.

Injuries are inevitable in the NFL, but Bills center Eric Wood upset with how the Browns responded to Manuel's injury.

"The hit was fine, what ticked me off was the way they acted afterwards," said Bills center Eric Wood to the team's official website. "I hope our defense never acts like that when they injure an opposing quarterback. You've got to show some class in that situation. There's a few guys over there that obviously didn't."

"You've got (Browns safety T.J. Ward yelling at Kiko (Alonso), a former college teammate, 'I told you to warn him that we were going to get him.' That's classless," Wood said. "Every team has probably got them. I'm not going to say that nobody on our team has ever done that, but it ticks you off when someone on the other team does it for sure."

Watch the replay, you can make a case that Browns safety Tashaun Gipson should have been flagged for taunting. The Browns players celebrated after the hit, which was odd considering Manuel had just picked up a first down.

The "Around The League Podcast" is now available on iTunes! Click here to listen and subscribe.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats typically how ligament problems work. I tore my mcl once. Hurt like a mofo for about 5 minutes. After that I felt fine. Next morning was a different story though.

I get it, however, I am in a state of denial. I can't accept that EJ will be out for the year. Even if we aren't destined for the playoffs i was hoping 2013 was his "get comfortable" season and in 2014 he'd have enough in-game experience that he'd be twice as good as he is now.

I just breathed a huge sigh of relief. He said he is bringing in a QB which means they aren't satisfied with Tuel or Lewis. Plus, our running game is very good, we MAY be OK. Don't forget Tuel will have a full week of practice with the 1's, a little different than the situation he was in last night.