Official Game Day Thread: Bills at Browns, 10-3-2013

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

GOOOOOOD Morning Bills fans!!! Man, am I amped up for tonight's pivotal match up against the Browns...who'd have thought?

Looking at the 4 game stretch that follows this week, I must say, this is a must win!

Cleveland is playing pretty damn well right now. Cinci was a huge win for them...BUT, Baltimore was even bigger for us...unfortunately, it actually helped Cleveland.

I've been watching all the coverage and reading all articles...It's BS that Cleveland is getting soooo much attention as they seem to be featured far more than our boys.

Anyway, I've keyed in on some make it or break it match ups...

1. Establishing the run...I'm a bit old school, so I love the fact that Hackett called 55 runs against Baltimore. It just sets the table for scoring drives, most evident on the Woods' T drive where we pounded the rock and opened up the seam. Well-orchestrated and a beautiful throw and catch. Now, Cleveland has proven to be pretty stout, though they've really only faced 1 dynamic back, Peterson. Props to Rice, but not in the same class as AP. Anyway, like the article in the last link (above) stated, Cleveland has a glaring weakness in their run D...Mingo. He'll be starting this week again because of injury. Hopefully Hackett has tuned in to this and will run the ball at him early and often.

2. Seems that a lot of people forget that SJ13 has a habit of making very good DB's look average. Not saying he's gonna blow Haden up, but he's got the chance to showcase why he forcefully changed the name of Revis Island...unlike that douche 'W'Hitner, who gave himself a nick-name...who does that? DUDE, you're not that good, #legendinhisownmind. Even if SJ doesn't light him up, who else do they have to cover Woods?

3. Don't forget about Little. I know we'll be keying in on Gordon and Cameron, but Little is no slouch.

4. Get to Hoyer. Nothing brings back an overachieving QB back down to Earth more than significant pressure. He's a Fitzpatrick type with the quick release and "gunslinger" mentality. We must get pressure up the middle with Dareus, Branch and the Williams'. They've got to get their hands up when they don't get a good push as Hoyer's passes come out low and hot.

Here's to hoping that we see the necessary progress and we put together a more complete game...GO BILLS!

Two long suffering franchises that now see just a glimmer of hope. Buffalo off of a win against the world champs. Cleveland 2-0 since they appeared to tank the season.

There may be 11 games left after this one, but neither team has the talent to overcome a 2-3 start (in my opinion).

The Bills will win if their defense steps up again. Time to nip Brian Hoyer's magic carpet ride in the bud.

its not as easy as "bring pressure and Hoyer will suck" - Cleveland has a good o-line and mcgahee is a terrific blocking back - we need the dline to win their 1 on 1s in order to get to Hoyer...keep kiko roving the middle, and jam cameron at the line.....hopefully mckelvin plays

we need to be able to run the ball tonight, and in order to do that, we need to get clevelands from 7 out of the box on every 1st and 2nd down (throw early!!!!!!!) - and use their aggressiveness against them, could we finally see the return of our screen game? god I hope so....

Morning fellow Bills fans!! I am jacked for the game tonight! It will be nice to watch the game on my TELEVISION for a change, instead of watching the games on my laptop. I am cautiously optimistic about this game. I think the Bills have a very good chance to win this game. I expect a low-scoring affair, with the Bills prevailing 17-13. Let's go Buffalo!!!

its not as easy as "bring pressure and Hoyer will suck" - Cleveland has a good o-line and mcgahee is a terrific blocking back - we need the dline to win their 1 on 1s in order to get to Hoyer...keep kiko roving the middle, and jam cameron at the line.....hopefully mckelvin plays

we need to be able to run the ball tonight, and in order to do that, we need to get clevelands from 7 out of the box on every 1st and 2nd down (throw early!!!!!!!) - and use their aggressiveness against them, could we finally see the return of our screen game? god I hope so....

On ProFootball Outsiders they rank Cleveland 26th in pass blocking http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol having given up 17 sacks. They allow a sack on average about 1 in every 10 or 11 drop backs... I wouldn't say that's great.

I think it will be a tough game and low scoring but I don't think Cleveland's offense is the part to worry about.

I just saw a pretty blonde walking up 40th street in Manhattan with a Bills cap on; I gave her a "Go Bills!"

Now that's the way to start a game day!! Woo-hoo!!

Pm

Did she give anything in return...side boobie shot...alluring smiles..anything?...

Edited by plenzmd1

We're definitely not getting any love by the media going into this game. All the experts picking the Browns, we're very clearly an afterthought.

Just the way I like it.

This is crazy to me. But, I guess Hoyer is a feel-good story and their D is playing quite well.

Here's hoping for a blowout, but expecting a win.

Keys to the game are,

1. Scott Chandler needs to be effective early so Cleveland safeties cannot be up on the line of scrimmage. This will open holes in the running game.

2. Mike Williams and Marcel Dareus need to put consistent pressure up the middle as Cleveland uses a west coast offense which uses 3 step drops.

3. Special Teams needs to come up with a big play, kickoff or punt return or recover a fumble.

4. EJ needs to target the WR not covered by Hadden, either Woods or Johnson.

5.Avoid self destruction, penalties and turnovers.

Really, what are the chances that the Browns win three strait games with a journeyman QB? The Browns have given up 17 sacks this year already, look for that total to rise. Nobody circles the wagons likes the Buffalo Bills.

Keys to the game are,

1. Scott Chandler needs to be effective early so Cleveland safeties cannot be up on the line of scrimmage. This will open holes in the running game.

2. Mike Williams and Marcel Dareus need to put consistent pressure up the middle as Cleveland uses a west coast offense which uses 3 step drops.

3. Special Teams needs to come up with a big play, kickoff or punt return or recover a fumble.

4. EJ needs to target the WR not covered by Hadden, either Woods or Johnson.

5.Avoid self destruction, penalties and turnovers.

Really, what are the chances that the Browns win three strait games with a journeyman QB? The Browns have given up 17 sacks this year already, look for that total to rise. Nobody circles the wagons likes the Buffalo Bills.

Kyle?

I just watched the Browns versus Bengals game . First of all, the Bengals stunk up the place. I mean bad ! But I noticed when Hoyer was blitzed he cannot handle it very well. We should do fine against him. A lot of short passes and screens which our fast-paced defense is built for. Their defense will give us some problems especially in the run game. They are very good! But the secondary looks likes there is some holes in it and Robert Woods could have a great game. Let's hope. Go bills!

I just watched the Browns versus Bengals game . First of all, the Bengals stunk up the place. I mean bad ! But I noticed when Hoyer was blitzed he cannot handle it very well. We should do fine against him. A lot of short passes and screens which our fast-paced defense is built for. Their defense will give us some problems especially in the run game. They are very good! But the secondary looks likes there is some holes in it and Robert Woods could have a great game. Let's hope. Go bills!

I hope your right. I don't want to say we lost to the browns :)

We're definitely not getting any love by the media going into this game. All the experts picking the Browns, we're very clearly an afterthought.

Just the way I like it.

Holy crap you are right.

CBS: All 8 pick the Browns straight up and 6 out of 8 with the 4.5 spread.

ESPN 11 to 1 Browns

Geesh, no love indeed!

Holy crap you are right.

CBS: All 8 pick the Browns straight up and 6 out of 8 with the 4.5 spread.

ESPN 11 to 1 Browns

Geesh, no love indeed!

Even worse, the money is going toward Cleveland. The line opened at 3 and has move to 3.5 or 4, depending on the source.