1 sack for the D-line

Jerry Jabber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No sacks but lots of pressures on Brady.

Was going to say the same thing, Last years D was the most awful thing to watch.

I've ripped Mario plenty on here but was on man on fire today, if he keeps playing like that he will be what we expected when we signed him.

If Gronk & Hernandez were playing today, the score would have been very ugly. 2 sacks, especially 1 by the D-line is nothing to write home about.

Maybe, Edleman and Amendola (A&E network? anyway ...) were doing the same as Gronk and Hern, there are only so many balls to go around so it's doubtful it would have been much different.

I hate coming to this forum when we loss!!!!! Everyone is so !@#$ing negative. Wtf we just played one of the best teams in the NFL. I wish we coulda won but we didn't, the future sure does look promising though.

I hate coming to this forum when we loss!!!!! Everyone is so !@#$ing negative. Wtf we just played one of the best teams in the NFL. I wish we coulda won but we didn't, the future sure does look promising though.

The Bills played a depleted Patriots team and still lost, how's that for positivity?! Imagine if Gronkowski & Hernandez played today, the Bills would have been blown out of the water.

The Bills played a depleted Patriots team and still lost, how's that for positivity?! Imagine if Gronkowski & Hernandez played today, the Bills would have been blown out of the water.

Why would we imagine Hernandez being on the football field if he is never going to be on one ever again?

I gotta wonder if people just look at box scores and then come here and post...

Anyway , there was no pressure on Brady today other than the constant pressure provided by the scheme of the defense, with players coming from anywhere and all positions. They had Brady on his a$$ today and rushing throws more than any game I can remember vs. him.

If Gronk & Hernandez were playing today, the score would have been very ugly. 2 sacks, especially 1 by the D-line is nothing to write home about.

Why don't we lament that if Bruce Smith had played today, the Bills would have won. The fact is, we know he is never going to play again. He is no longer on the Bills or in football. It is totally ridiculous to keep bringing Hernandez into the "what if" category when he is no longer on the Patriots nor will he ever play again. How about if superman were playing for the Patriots, they would have really killed the Bills? Or how about this...what if Gilmore and Byrd had played?

Edited by first_and_ten

Overall, 2 sacks for the day (1 by Kyle Williams, 1 by Searcy). Mario had 1 tackle, 1 assisted tackle. Not very encouraging!! So much for getting a ton of pressure on the QB.

I take it you did not watch the game.

Brady was under a lot of pressure, and was hit many times after he passed.

Just remember that while the Bills defense gave up it's share of big plays, every long scoring drive the Patriots had were all FG's.

Yes the Patriots got 2 TD's, but from short field position after turnovers. Hard to fault the defense for that.

When you look at how long the defense was on the field today, they did a respectable job.

You can't make it all about sacks.

What injury does Hernandez have? How long is he out for? Hopefully he's not a beast next game.

Wait...he's in jail for murder and not on the team??

Btw - the bills were missing their two best players in the defensive backfield. Lets not play the injury what if game.

It was a good showing except for penalties and turnovers. Headed in the right direction.

I gotta wonder if people just look at box scores and then come here and post...

Anyway , there was no pressure on Brady today other than the constant pressure provided by the scheme of the defense, with players coming from anywhere and all positions. They had Brady on his a$$ today and rushing throws more than any game I can remember vs. him.

The Bills had their two best secondary players out, ahole.. Yes, if Gronkowski would have played, maybe it would have helped the Patriots. If Hernamandas had of played maybe we'd be looking for more convictions, idiot.

The D line played better today than I've seen in many years. They were dominant and were in the backfield almost every play. I thought the dbacks played well too given the circumstances. Every pass was contested. They had to make some pretty spectactular catches at the end there to beat us.

The issue was the LB's. Kiko was nowhere to be found. I saw him get manhandled a few times. Dude is supposed to plug the holes not get pushed to the side. We are in trouble if we don't get better LB play

I imagine if Byrd & Gilmore played today we would have won.

Imagination is a wonderful thing. :thumbsup:

REALLY, one guy is always hurt and one guy is in prison, I like our chances of never seeing either of these guys lining up against us this year.

oh brother....everyone complains, it was NE we never beat them in the Tom Brady era

I think what Jerry Jabber is trying to say is this is a pretty weak Patriots team. The wr's are crap. They had no TE's, and the defense on the patriots looked old and slow. This is NOT the same team from the last ten years. I believe if they played a really solid to good team yesterday, they lose.

I think the days of NE dominating the AFC east are over. The Jets beat a tough Tampa team, I would not be surprised to see them win thursday night.

Overall, 2 sacks for the day (1 by Kyle Williams, 1 by Searcy). Mario had 1 tackle, 1 assisted tackle. Not very encouraging!! So much for getting a ton of pressure on the QB.

Did you even watch the Game?? Their was a lot of pressure on Brady all day long.

Hernandez aint go to play no more Troll.

I think what Jerry Jabber is trying to say is this is a pretty weak Patriots team. The wr's are crap. They had no TE's, and the defense on the patriots looked old and slow. This is NOT the same team from the last ten years. I believe if they played a really solid to good team yesterday, they lose.

I think the days of NE dominating the AFC east are over. The Jets beat a tough Tampa team, I would not be surprised to see them win thursday night.

Exactly, thank you! The Bills should have won this game against a depleted Pats team. How many dropped passes did we see from the Patriots WR's yesterday?

I agree with you that if the Bills played a solid to good team yesterday, that they would have lost. Giving up 450 yards (272 passing, 158 rushing) against a depleted Pats team is nothing to be excited about.

Did you even watch the Game?? Their was a lot of pressure on Brady all day long.

Hernandez aint go to play no more Troll.

"Ain't go to play?" First off, call Hooked on Phonics and learn how to talk. Second, everyone that's been following the NFL knows Hernandez most likely will be behind bars for the rest of his life. The point of mentioning Gronkowski & Hernandez was that the Pats have relied on having 2 pass catching TE's in the game. If the Pats knew that Hernandez was going to end up being a murderer before the draft/start of free agency, don't you think the Pats would have picked up another reliable pass catching TE?

I take it you did not watch the game.

Brady was under a lot of pressure, and was hit many times after he passed.

Just remember that while the Bills defense gave up it's share of big plays, every long scoring drive the Patriots had were all FG's.

Yes the Patriots got 2 TD's, but from short field position after turnovers. Hard to fault the defense for that.

When you look at how long the defense was on the field today, they did a respectable job.

You can't make it all about sacks.

Point for point, spot on.

Also, !@#$ing consider how terrible the defense was last year. Think about week one last year. It's bonkers to say yesterday wasn't a significant improvement.

Point for point, spot on.

Also, !@#$ing consider how terrible the defense was last year. Think about week one last year. It's bonkers to say yesterday wasn't a significant improvement.

Let's take a look at week 1 from last season: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090902/2012/REG1/bills@jets#menu=highlights|contentId:0ap1000000060341&tab=analyze

So the Bills didn't sack Sanchez at all in that game, so 2 sacks on Brady would be considered an improvement. But, let's look at the other stats: Sanchez threw for 266 yards (Brady threw for 288), last year the Jets had 118 yards rushing while the Pats had 158 yards rushing...so that's an improvement huh?! The run defense still sucks!!! Did you see how many long runs the Pats had up the middle against the Bills yesterday, or were you watching the game? Brady has always played the dink and dunk game against the Bills and the Bills were still unable to stop Brady from doing that. Getting close to Brady and knocking him down after he threw the ball doesn't mean a damn thing if the Pats are completing passes, moving the chains and scoring points.

Sacks are overrated, we got 2 sacks, 7 hits and several other times we forced him to throw it away with Bills in pursuit as he was flushed...

There is a reason Brady was around 50% completions on the day

Let's take a look at week 1 from last season: http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2012090902/2012/REG1/bills@jets#menu=highlights|contentId:0ap1000000060341&tab=analyze

So the Bills didn't sack Sanchez at all in that game, so 2 sacks on Brady would be considered an improvement. But, let's look at the other stats: Sanchez threw for 266 yards (Brady threw for 288), last year the Jets had 118 yards rushing while the Pats had 158 yards rushing...so that's an improvement huh?! The run defense still sucks!!! Did you see how many long runs the Pats had up the middle against the Bills yesterday, or were you watching the game? Brady has always played the dink and dunk game against the Bills and the Bills were still unable to stop Brady from doing that. Getting close to Brady and knocking him down after he threw the ball doesn't mean a damn thing if the Pats are completing passes, moving the chains and scoring points.

Pats got all those yards on 89 plays! 89!! Might be the most plays ever ran against a Bills D or close to it, and averaged under 5 yards per play and 4.5 yards per run.

A far cry from last year...look at per play averages and not total...that is what is important.

The game I watched, we got a ton of pressures on Brady and the line played well until late in the game and we couldn't stop runs.

This.

The Bills put more pressure on Brady yesterday than in the last four years combined.

And the Bills weren't depleted?

there are only so many balls to go around so it's doubtful it would have been much different.

There wouldn't have been multiple incomplete passes to a rookie wideout that was horrible and gronk would have won the battle with the starting safties. I think it would have been much different had he played.

As far as the defensive line. 1 sack but lots of pressure to me sounds like a moral victory. That's cool if you are coaching up your child who plays pony football. Maybe that is what the Giants line coach preaches...just pressure him guys

Yesterday was the first time in a long time that I can remember Brady looking scared on the field. On both times they were at the goal line, he had opportunities to run it in, but he didn't. He was only sacked twice, but he was hit a lot and spent a lot of time on the ground. That rarely happened vs Buffalo before.

Sacks are overrated, we got 2 sacks, 7 hits and several other times we forced him to throw it away with Bills in pursuit as he was flushed...

One stat I wish the NFL would show is how many incompletions were due to the fault of the receiver. Did some QB pressure force some bad throws/early throws from Brady yesterday...of course. But how many incompletions were due to the Pats receivers? Next time the Bills play the Pats, Gronkowski most likely will be healthy, and the Pats WR's will have more experience with Brady, so the next meeting against the Pats could be a blowout win for the Pats. In the second divisional game against the Pats, the Pats have outscored the Bills 10 out of the last 13 times by a 381-130 margin (251 point difference).

Pats got all those yards on 89 plays! 89!! Might be the most plays ever ran against a Bills D or close to it, and averaged under 5 yards per play and 4.5 yards per run.

A far cry from last year...look at per play averages and not total...that is what is important.

So what you are saying is that our offense needs to make plays? Agreed CATCH THE BALL BOYS

One stat I wish the NFL would show is how many incompletions were due to the fault of the receiver. Did some QB pressure force some bad throws/early throws from Brady yesterday...of course. But how many incompletions were due to the Pats receivers? Next time the Bills play the Pats, Gronkowski most likely will be healthy, and the Pats WR's will have more experience with Brady, so the next meeting against the Pats could be a blowout win for the Pats. In the second divisional game against the Pats, the Pats have outscored the Bills 10 out of the last 13 times by a 381-130 margin (251 point difference).

Hopefully we have Byrd back and healthy by then...perhaps?

Edited by Chimp

This.

The Bills put more pressure on Brady yesterday than in the last four years combined.

And the Bills weren't depleted?

Yes, the Bills were without Byrd and Gilmore. But, do either Byrd or Gilmore play the slot? Do you think either one of those guys would have stopped Amendola from the slot yesterday? Brady has always played the dink and dunk game against us and I hate to say it, but even with those two on the field, the result would have been the same.

There wouldn't have been multiple incomplete passes to a rookie wideout that was horrible and gronk would have won the battle with the starting safties. I think it would have been much different had he played.

As far as the defensive line. 1 sack but lots of pressure to me sounds like a moral victory. That's cool if you are coaching up your child who plays pony football. Maybe that is what the Giants line coach preaches...just pressure him guys

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree. Some people on here are acting like "Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!"

what the hell ? there was pressure all day !! one of the worst posts ever- makes me question everything else you post

I can tell you're one of those that are acting like ""Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!" I'm sure you're taking yesterday's game as a moral victory since we only lost by 2 points compared to the first time we played the Pats last year and got destroyed 52-28.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I agree. Some people on here are acting like "Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!"

I can tell you're one of those that are acting like ""Yay, we got close to sacking Brady!!! We hit Brady after he threw the ball (even though the pass was still completed for a first down), we're getting better!!!" I'm sure you're taking yesterday's game as a moral victory since we only lost by 2 points compared to the first time we played the Pats last year and got destroyed 52-28.

Wooks wike wuttle Jerry from Duxbury got a hold of his mommy's AOL password again.