1 sack for the D-line

Jerry Jabber

In all due respect Mr. Jerry Jabber you sound like the next making of Jerry Sullivan. You continue to talk in your several posts about how bad the Bills defense is and how depleted the poor Patriots are. They were only without Gronk. Hernandez and Welker don't play for them anymore. That is like saying we were without Levitre so maybe are run game would be better with him still here. We are missing two of our best defensive backs and two of the best defensive backs probably in the NFL. You also rip apart our d-line. Our d-line put great pressure on Brady. Anybody that knows anything about football will tell you pressures are almost as good as sacks because they cause incompletions and even better interceptions. Brady completed only 55% of his passes. Brady had a QB rating of 59.39. How many teams will be that affective against Brady??? The other BIG thing you fail to mention is that our damn defense was on the field the entire game. The time of possession was 37 minutes to 22 minutes because we could not maintain any drives. Any defense playing that long would be winded, hence the reason we started to get gashed in the second have by their running backs. Are defense recovered 2 fumbles, had an interception, scored a touchdown, and held the Pats to 6 points in the second half and you are gonna rip on the defense??? In fact if our offense don't cough the ball up twice inside our own 20 yard line and gift wrap points for the Pats maybe we win easily. If you look at the NFL stats only 13 teams had more than 2 sacks, but only 3 had more pressures. Are defense also led the entire NFL in tackles, 14 more tackles then any other team. Again, this is because our offense was conservative and in my opinion played not to lose instead of playing to win. I give the coaches an excuse though because they want to bring Manuel along slowly and let him get his feet wet a little. You mention that the Bills are in trouble the next time because Gronk will be back and their receivers will be more in sink. How about our guys coming back? How about the fact that we have very young receivers that need to mature some? I think I heard that we were the 3rd youngest team in the NFL at an average age of 25. I honestly thought you were a Pats fan until you said you couldn't wait for Brady to retire and for the Pats to be bad again. It doesn't sound like your a Bills fan and if you are then you need to look deeper in to what you are talking about in your many posts. C'mon man be a little positive.

First off, the Pats just weren't just without their #1 TE, Gronkowski, but also without their #2 WR, Dobson: http://profootballta...-dobson-to-out/ I already stated that neither Byrd or Gilmore play the slot, which is where Brady makes his bread & butter against the Bills (doing the dink & dunk). Both the Bills and Pats run an up-tempo offense, so there is going to be a ton of plays on both sides. I will admit the Bills defense yesterday was an improvement over last years defense against the Jets opening day, but they still have a lot of holes on the team. Seeing multiple runs up the middle for long yards IS a BIG concern. The bottom line is the Bills still lost the game. It's one thing if the defensive pressure led to more sacks, tipped balls, interceptions, etc... but the only interception was a case of butterfingers by the Pats TE. The fumble by the Pats RB was a fluke, but heads up play by Searcy to locate the ball and run it back for a TD.

After 13 years of missing the playoffs, I'm done drinking the kool-aid. Question for ya...when the Bills got destroyed 56-10 at the Ralph in prime time back in 2007, were you watching the game from the comfort from your home or did you drive up from out of state, and pay money to watch that pathetic showing?!

I have seen this a few time in this forum First Hernandez is never returning and second the bills played without their best DBs too ... try not to forget that Glimore nor Byrd were out there.

Why don't you read through all the pages before commenting...

The Pats got zero sacks, and very few hurries. Brady was under near constant pressure.

Did you even watch the same game? Seriously. This defense is light years ahead of last year's in terms of penetration.

And who won the game? What's Brady's record against the Bills? How many rushing yards did the Bills give up?

Edited by Jerry Jabber

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. The Pats.

2. Irrelevant. New coaching staff, new QB, new schemes. What's the Bills record against the Pats in the 90s? Logic, man, logic.

3. Fred got over 100 (5.5 yards per carry to boot), their RB got over 100.

Wallow in this silliness if you want.

The only stat that matters is the win. Brady is 21-2 against the Bills (and counting), while the constant rebuilding/recycling of the Bills continues. The Bills gave up 158 yards on the ground and their supposedly great D-line got gashed up the middle (again) for big gains.

The only stat that matters is the win. Brady is 21-2 against the Bills (and counting), while the constant rebuilding/recycling of the Bills continues. The Bills gave up 158 yards on the ground and their supposedly great D-line got gashed up the middle (again) for big gains.

Happy pill time.

Jesus, bro.

After this thread, nobody will ever question your persistence ever again. :thumbsup:

First off, the Pats just weren't just without their #1 TE, Gronkowski, but also without their #2 WR, Dobson: http://profootballta...-dobson-to-out/ I already stated that neither Byrd or Gilmore play the slot, which is where Brady makes his bread & butter against the Bills (doing the dink & dunk). Both the Bills and Pats run an up-tempo offense, so there is going to be a ton of plays on both sides. I will admit the Bills defense yesterday was an improvement over last years defense against the Jets opening day, but they still have a lot of holes on the team. Seeing multiple runs up the middle for long yards IS a BIG concern. The bottom line is the Bills still lost the game. It's one thing if the defensive pressure led to more sacks, tipped balls, interceptions, etc... but the only interception was a case of butterfingers by the Pats TE. The fumble by the Pats RB was a fluke, but heads up play by Searcy to locate the ball and run it back for a TD.

After 13 years of missing the playoffs, I'm done drinking the kool-aid. Question for ya...when the Bills got destroyed 56-10 at the Ralph in prime time back in 2007, were you at the game, or did you drive up from out of state, and pay money to watch that pathetic showing?!

And who won the game? What's Brady's record against the Bills? How many rushing yards did the Bills give up?

Jerry, I guess maybe the reason people seem frustrated with your comments is because it's hard to understand what the point is (not trying for that to sound snide). Everyone understands the Pats won and are arguably the better team right now. I think most people would also agree that this team still has areas where they need to improve (not really sure there is a team out there that doesn't need to improve).

The main difference I see and maybe this is the point of your posts, I think most people can objectively look at the game yesterday and feel pretty good about two things.

1) This is a much different Bills team than we've seen in a long time. Manuel looked good, especially considering it was his first NFL game. The defense played a LOT better than we have in a while. They looked aggressive, made plays, and in many instances were more physical than the Pats.

2) The Pats are not the team that has dominated the Bills for the last decade. They lack elite playmakers and the defense is definitely beatable. The reason why the Pats won is because frankly Brady is still Brady, the didn't shoot themselves in the foot with untimely penalties, and they made clutch plays on third down.

There's a big difference between blind optimism and real optimism. I think for the first time in many years that I feel genuinely optimistic about the future.

Edited by dubs

Jesus, bro.

After this thread, nobody will ever question your persistence ever again. :thumbsup:

Sorry man, as you can tell I'm one pissed off fan!

Jerry, I guess maybe the reason people seem frustrated with your comments is because it's hard to understand what the point is (not trying for that to sound snide). Everyone understands the Pats won and are arguably the better team right now. I think most people would also agree that this team still has areas where they need to improve (not really sure there is a team out there that doesn't need to improve).

The main difference I see and maybe this is the point of your posts, I think most people can objectively look at the game yesterday and feel pretty good about two things.

1) This is a much different Bills team than we've seen in a long time. Manuel looked good, especially considering it was his first NFL game. The defense played a LOT better than we have in a while. They looked aggressive, made plays, and in many instances were more physical than the Pats.

2) The Pats are not the team that has dominated the Bills for the last decade. They lack elite playmakers and the defense is definitely beatable. The reason why the Pats one is because frankly Brady is still Brady, the didn't shoot themselves in the foot with untimely penalties, and they made clutch plays on third down.

There's a big difference between blind optimism and real optimism. I think for the first time in many years that I feel genuinely optimistic about the future.

I liked what I saw from Manuel. His TD passes were the best passes I've seen from a Bills QB in many years (nice tight spirals). Even though the score on the board was very close, I felt the Pats made a lot of mistakes that they normally don't make (many dropped balls, missed routes, etc...). I keep thinking back to when the Bills got beaten badly by the Pats and Seahawks last year. I do see that there is some improvement from last season, but I think the Bills could have gotten blown out of the water on defense as well if the Pats receivers didn't drop the amount of passes that they did.

Sorry man, as you can tell I'm one pissed off fan!

I liked what I saw from Manuel. His TD passes were the best passes I've seen from a Bills QB in many years (nice tight spirals). Even though the score on the board was very close, I felt the Pats made a lot of mistakes that they normally don't make (many dropped balls, missed routes, etc...). I keep thinking back to when the Bills got beaten badly by the Pats and Seahawks last year. I do see that there is some improvement from last season, but I think the Bills could have gotten blown out of the water on defense as well if the Pats receivers didn't drop the amount of passes that they did.

Cool. I think that's maybe where I disagree. To be sure, the Pats are not as stacked as they have been in the past. Part of the Pats sputtering might have been due to wholesale personnel changes to the receiving core in the offseason. I think most objective fans would also attribute a lot of that disruption to how much better the Bills played on defense. We were in the backfield disrupting Brady, A LOT. Certainly a lot more than I can ever remember. Many of those catches Edelman and Amendola made were perfect throws into extremely tight coverage.

Brady has always been one of the toughest guys to sack. He's got an uncanny ability to get rid of the ball early, even if he just throws it away.

Edited by dubs

After 13 years of missing the playoffs, I'm done drinking the kool-aid. Question for ya...when the Bills got destroyed 56-10 at the Ralph in prime time back in 2007, were you watching the game from the comfort from your home or did you drive up from out of state, and pay money to watch that pathetic showing?!

I understand your one of those guys who simply doesn't understand logic and there will be no winning with you. Coach Marrone was impressed by his defense but he doesn't have more knowledge about the game than you do. The defense played one hell of a game for being on the field as much as they were. The Patriots had a much shorter field to work with for the majority of the game and I'll state it again that we coughed the ball up in our red zone twice. How many teams are going to shut down Brady like we did, are you kidding me? I had season tickets for ten years before moving to Charlotte NC. I grew up watching the Bills since I was 4 years old sitting next to my dad and I have only missed one game in my life that I can remember but I taped it and watched it at a different time. So, to tell me you drove from out of state to watch a game doesn't impress me to much sorry. I'm driving up this week with a bunch of Carolina fans but I don't consider that to be anything to brag about. I told them they better not wear Carolina jerseys if they know whats good for them. I have a feeling were gonna pound Carolina and get this thing rolling next week. If you call that drinking the Kool-aid so be it. I'm a believer in this team and I will always bleed red, white and blue. Go Bills!!!

I understand your one of those guys who simply doesn't understand logic and there will be no winning with you. Coach Marrone was impressed by his defense but he doesn't have more knowledge about the game than you do. The defense played one hell of a game for being on the field as much as they were. The Patriots had a much shorter field to work with for the majority of the game and I'll state it again that we coughed the ball up in our red zone twice. How many teams are going to shut down Brady like we did, are you kidding me? I had season tickets for ten years before moving to Charlotte NC. I grew up watching the Bills since I was 4 years old sitting next to my dad and I have only missed one game in my life that I can remember but I taped it and watched it at a different time. So, to tell me you drove from out of state to watch a game doesn't impress me to much sorry. I'm driving up this week with a bunch of Carolina fans but I don't consider that to be anything to brag about. I told them they better not wear Carolina jerseys if they know whats good for them. I have a feeling were gonna pound Carolina and get this thing rolling next week. If you call that drinking the Kool-aid so be it. I'm a believer in this team and I will always bleed red, white and blue. Go Bills!!!

If the Bills defense played against the 2012 Patriots, then I can see your point, but this Pats team is a shell of itself and I was not highly impressed like you were. I mentioned that Pats game because it was an absolute embarrassment, but apparently you think that's the only Bills game I've ever seen at Rich Stadium/The Ralph. I started watching the Bills when I was a kid when Chuck Knox was the head coach. Before I went in the Marines in 1996 I went to several games a year. Every time I came home on leave during football season, I made sure I got tickets to watch the Bills live. Before I was able to get Direct TV, I would either listen to the Bills games off NFL.com or go to sports bars to watch the games. So, after 13 miserable seasons, I'm not cutting this team anymore slack, giving them the benefit of the doubt or drinking the kool aid. I need to see results in the form of wins. I don't want to hear its a new team, new management, coaches, players, etc... It's one thing for a team to miss the playoffs for a few years, 5-6 years at an extreme, but 13 years is absolutely pathetic!!

Maybe, but you could say the same thing about Byrd and Gilmore.

If Gronk & Hernandez were playing today, the score would have been very ugly. 2 sacks, especially 1 by the D-line is nothing to write home about.

If the Bills defense played against the 2012 Patriots, then I can see your point, but this Pats team is a shell of itself and I was not highly impressed like you were. I mentioned that Pats game because it was an absolute embarrassment, but apparently you think that's the only Bills game I've ever seen at Rich Stadium/The Ralph. I started watching the Bills when I was a kid when Chuck Knox was the head coach. Before I went in the Marines in 1996 I went to several games a year. Every time I came home on leave during football season, I made sure I got tickets to watch the Bills live. Before I was able to get Direct TV, I would either listen to the Bills games off NFL.com or go to sports bars to watch the games. So, after 13 miserable seasons, I'm not cutting this team anymore slack, giving them the benefit of the doubt or drinking the kool aid. I need to see results in the form of wins. I don't want to hear its a new team, new management, coaches, players, etc... It's one thing for a team to miss the playoffs for a few years, 5-6 years at an extreme, but 13 years is absolutely pathetic!!

But then you also know that it's not going to turn overnight. If you want to look at examples of teams going last to first, it's almost always due to exceptional QB play. With EJ being handled with kid gloves by the coaching staff, you know that it will take time. That's why I put the loss on the O and not the D. They played it safe with the new kid, and I fully expect them to take more of the reigns off as the year goes on.

I liked what I saw from the defense, especially with contributions from the no name guys. I hope that Dareus turns it around, but there are more signs on the wall that the Bills missed the pick big time. The silver lining that I see is that this draft showed that Bills aren't afraid to take a risk on a player in the draft and finally got out of the exclusive All-SEC draft mode. If Mario plays like this, he's as good as gone in 2014, and Bills should use the cash they save in not paying Mario to lock up Pettine for as long as possible

But then you also know that it's not going to turn overnight. If you want to look at examples of teams going last to first, it's almost always due to exceptional QB play. With EJ being handled with kid gloves by the coaching staff, you know that it will take time. That's why I put the loss on the O and not the D. They played it safe with the new kid, and I fully expect them to take more of the reigns off as the year goes on.

I liked what I saw from the defense, especially with contributions from the no name guys. I hope that Dareus turns it around, but there are more signs on the wall that the Bills missed the pick big time. The silver lining that I see is that this draft showed that Bills aren't afraid to take a risk on a player in the draft and finally got out of the exclusive All-SEC draft mode. If Mario plays like this, he's as good as gone in 2014, and Bills should use the cash they save in not paying Mario to lock up Pettine for as long as possible

Good post. I think EJ has potential and liked what I saw from him. I don't expect him to be RGIII or Andrew Luck right away, but it's possible the kid is the real deal. I agree with what you said about Dareus and Mario. If those two players can't get it done this year, then the Bills need to look into other options.

Maybe, but you could say the same thing about Byrd and Gilmore.

Already did, just scroll through the posts...