Stevie Johnson: Pats can't 'stop me'

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just gonna throw out some responses we are surely going to hear.

"Let the play do the talking, he should shut his mouth"

"Stevie is a cancer, puts himself over the team"

"Choke artist talking smack, ironic"

"Cut him"

"Just gives the Pats more motivation, great job Stevie."

Edited by FireChan

I'm just gonna throw out some responses we are surely going to hear.

"Let the play do the talking, he should shut his mouth"

"Stevie is a cancer, puts himself over the team"

"Choke artist talking smack, ironic"

"Cut him"

"Just gives the Pats more motivation, great job Stevie."

"Good for Stevie, the Bills could use a little p*ss and vinegar in their swagger for a change!" (Just to give you one that you won't hear ) :)

So no one has mentioned yet his shout-out to Patriots safety Patrick Chung? Who now plays for the Eagles?

I love Stevie - but he has a ten-cent head.

Didn't belicheck a few years back talk about Josh Reed when he was out of the league?

Who gives a !@#$? To me it shows he doesn't give a **** who hes playing against, hes going to be beat them. I like it

So no one has mentioned yet his shout-out to Patriots safety Patrick Chung? Who now plays for the Eagles?

I love Stevie - but he has a ten-cent head.

Joe Buscaglia@JoeBuscaglia8m

To be clear on the Chung thing. Stevie said him because he's been reviewing last year's tape. I told him Chung moved after. Just didn't know

I like it as well... It's about damn time this team has an attitude. I mean besides lay down and die...I for one am glad to hear (read) these statements. It gives me the feeling that this team finally believes in themselves. What a change of pace from years past. I think Stevie's comments are his way of saying we are not going to roll over and play dead.

On a different note, are u guys (and gals) of the belief that after years of one team dominating another team, as is the case with the Patsy's, they get to a certain level of complacency?

Stevie isn't the brightest bulb on the tree. Why say anything to get the other side fired up? Just plain stupid.

It's the season opener. Everyone will be fired up anyways. If the Pats don't come in amped up for week one, something is wrong. I think we way overrate this "buliten board material" stuff.

The pats will be more motivated. I mean i thought it looked like they didnt care at all, but now stevie is talking so we are def going to lose.

I can't imagine this will make the Pats* any more or less motivated. If they even see it the most it will get out of the Pats* is a chuckle.

If the question really was "why do you think you can compete with the patriots?" almost anything he says will come off as bulletin material. Also interesting he said there are receivers in the locker room who could be better than himself.

I know a lot of people want to get on him for this type of talk but pro athletes and professional teams aren't going to say "hey we are 3-23 i don't think we can win." This kind of attitude pushes players to their potential. Even if most players won't say it they should think it or else we can enjoy another decade of missing the playoffs

Maybe he could have said the standard "because we are a new team, we are prepared, blah blah" but its Stevie, that's who he is. Before you talk about if he is really a number 1 receiver consider he has been one of the consistent bright spots on bad teams with bad qbs. If you read the article what he is saying is not that outlandish.

I am sure the pats receivers are feeling pretty good against leodis mckelvin and co.

This, this, and this over again. Stevie is just being Stevie, and I don't really think anything he said was out of line. I'm more concerned with what Tom Brady and HIS receiving core are going to do Sunday. He has to have a full-on woody at the thought of facing our secondary. He's carved up a whole heckuva lot better secondaries that we will put on the field Sunday. I just pray our front four can get some consistent pressure or it's gonna get ugly, real, real quick.