Bills, Wood reach extension

eball

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While I agree it is great to hear Stevie and Wood say what they did and want to stay in Buffalo and see their actions back their words, Stevie got a pretty good contract, and I will bet anyone that Wood's is favorable, too, especially because of his injury history. Byrd, on the other hand, has a legitimate argument to be the highest paid safety in the league, and the Bills were not even close to that figure. He feels, probably rightfully, that they undervalue him substantially. Wood and Stevie feel like they got about what they deserve and they probably did. If Stevie or Wood had a legitimate argument to be the highest paid WR or C in the league, it would not have come down like this in all likelihood.

Guess we will never know, both guys signed before testing FA. That points to guys that want to be in Buffalo.

I get it is a business and i am the first one to say these guys should seek the best contract possible.

Byrd has his opinion of himself the Bills have theirs. And for one to maybe two years the Bills opinion rules when it comes to Byrd.

It has a few minor hits, but nothing very memorable.

Now I remember:

Your record is what it says it is.

Eric Wood has a record and it is what it says it is. Has been injured enough to miss a lot of games in 3 seasons during his career.

Guess we will never know, both guys signed before testing FA. That points to guys that want to be in Buffalo.

I get it is a business and i am the first one to say these guys should seek the best contract possible.

Byrd has his opinion of himself the Bills have theirs. And for one to maybe two years the Bills opinion rules when it comes to Byrd.

If you don't know that Stevie is far enough down the list to not have a legit argument for an elite contract.... Well...

While I agree it is great to hear Stevie and Wood say what they did and want to stay in Buffalo and see their actions back their words, Stevie got a pretty good contract, and I will bet anyone that Wood's is favorable, too, especially because of his injury history. Byrd, on the other hand, has a legitimate argument to be the highest paid safety in the league, and the Bills were not even close to that figure. He feels, probably rightfully, that they undervalue him substantially. Wood and Stevie feel like they got about what they deserve and they probably did. If Stevie or Wood had a legitimate argument to be the highest paid WR or C in the league, it would not have come down like this in all likelihood.

If you're right Byrd is ridiculous. Not like he isn't getting paid this year and I would think he was offered a fair deal but if you're right him and wonder agent would accept nothing less than being the highest paid? I don't think you fit into our TEAM plans going forward. In fact how bout Byrd and a third for a top shelf cb right now?

But I forgot to say, thank you Eric Wood! Guys like you and Freddie are why we continue to be Bills fans :thumbsup:

Edited by beerme1

Oh snap! The "we let good players walk" crowd won't like reading this.

Yep, i'm sure they hate when we actually sign decent players. They can't sleep at night because we actually retained a player for once. Or maybe they just hate when we let good players walk. Which would be the "every Bills fan" crowd.

Stevie likely would of gotten a lot more than he did on the market if I recall correctly. Others that were valued lower than him got the same range or more, I believe.

If you're right Byrd is ridiculous. Not like he isn't getting paid this year and I would think he was offered a fair deal but if you're right him and wonder agent would accept nothing less than being the highest paid? I don't think you fit into our TEAM plans going forward. In fact how bout Byrd and a third for a top shelf cb right now?

But I forgot to say, thank you Eric Wood! Guys like you and Freddie are why we continue to be Bills fans :thumbsup:

What I said was, Byrd can make the argument that he should be the highest paid. He has always been good, he has very good stats, he's gotten better every year, he has a great pedigree, he is good against the run and the pass, and he is not even in his prime years. Contracts are a combination of what have you done and what you are likely to do. The fact he is going into his fifth year right now is the optimum time. Just because he may be worth the top contract doesnt mean he is the best in the league right now. But he has made peanuts for four years. He deserves a huge contract, and the last report had the Bills about 2m apart, which is likely about 6m offer to 8m want from Byrd. I didnt at all say they asked for the top contract or else.

Now I remember:

Your record is what it says it is.

Eric Wood has a record and it is what it says it is. Has been injured enough to miss a lot of games in 3 seasons during his career.

I think we can agree that there are plenty of players whose careers were cut short through no fault of their own due to injury.

I felt like Spikes was probably assembling a HOF career before his - at least borderline. And he was never the same afterwards. But that kind of injury might as well be a death sentence for most players' careers.

Now, if Wood keeps getting injured for the reasons you detail - sure, I understand the cause for concern... But these really do look like isolated incidents to me.

<p>What I said was, Byrd can make the argument that he should be the highest paid. He has always been good, he has very good stats%

I think we can agree that there are plenty of players whose careers were cut short through no fault of their own due to injury.

I felt like Spikes was probably assembling a HOF career before his - at least borderline. And he was never the same afterwards. But that kind of injury might as well be a death sentence for most players' careers.

Now, if Wood keeps getting injured for the reasons you detail - sure, I understand the cause for concern... But these really do look like isolated incidents to me.

That is how many games that Wood has played in for the Bills in his four seasons.

The guy hasn't played a full season yet.

His record says he is not durable.

Call it what you want, but 4 consecutive seasons is a pretty large sample size by NFL standards. I am OK with re-signing him but it is foolish to think that 4 failures to complete a full schedule in 4 years is "flukey".

Takeo Spikes hadn't missed a game in his career when he tore his achilles.

Some guys are built to withstand the punishment, some are not. The record says that Wood is not.

That is how many games that Wood has played in for the Bills in his four seasons.

Call it what you want, but 4 consecutive seasons is a pretty large sample size by NFL standards. I am OK with re-signing him but it is foolish to think that 4 failures to complete a full schedule in 4 years is "flukey".

Some guys are built to withstand the punishment, some are not. The record says that Wood is not.

said perfectly

Stevie likely would of gotten a lot more than he did on the market if I recall correctly. Others that were valued lower than him got the same range or more, I believe.

Probably not a lot more, but he probably could have signed for more somewhere else. Going to a winning team for the same or more money would seem appealing, but glad he decided to stay.

Probably not a lot more, but he probably could have signed for more somewhere else. Going to a winning team for the same or more money would seem appealing, but glad he decided to stay.

Yeah, that is my take. He probably could have got a little more elsewhere but he got a good deal, and early, in a place he wanted to stay that gave him a chance. I don't understand some of the distaste people have for Stevie, I think he is a great ambassador for the Bills.

What I said was, Byrd can make the argument that he should be the highest paid. He has always been good, he has very good stats, he's gotten better every year, he has a great pedigree, he is good against the run and the pass, and he is not even in his prime years. Contracts are a combination of what have you done and what you are likely to do. The fact he is going into his fifth year right now is the optimum time. Just because he may be worth the top contract doesn't mean he is the best in the league right now. But he has made peanuts for four years. He deserves a huge contract, and the last report had the Bills about 2m apart, which is likely about 6m offer to 8m want from Byrd. I didn't at all say they asked for the top contract or else.

I got you. I'm sorry if it seemed I was ranting at you. :beer:

I mean it toward any player that comes off in the picture you painted. Stevie could have got more elsewhere likely. Wood could have certainly waited it out. Poz and Levitre aren't worth anywhere near what they are getting paid so they're irrelevant. We aren't going to overpay for talent. And we wont low ball you either.

If you think you're getting low balled you can leave. Exception of course with the tag.

And with the tag you are guaranteed to get paid a salary on the high side. certainly not low balled so there is no room for discontent. It's in your contract live with it. And don't expect any sympathy!

There's no way we do this rodeo again next year. So can you answer my thought of Byrd and a third for a solid cb?

And lastly, if the Bills are willing to pay you six. something and you want eight. something and wont come off of your point, something is wrong with you and you aren't part of my TEAM. I quit worrying about money athletes make years ago because it became ridiculously insane years ago.

If my Boss offered me a 600 percent raise I would take it. If I didn't like where I work and could get a 600 percent raise I would leave. If I was offered an eight hundred percent raise to go somewhere else but was content where I am and they were giving me a six hundred percent raise I would stay. I love you Eric Wood! We don't know the details yet but I'm going to guess he could have gotten more if he waited it out. I want these guys on my team.

These guys that want to be part of our TEAM. Stevie, Freddie, Wood and even Fitz! LOL don't blame him cause we gave him even more than he was asking for. That's how we roll I guess! I will add I always felt this way about Bruce Smith that he always would have rather been somewhere else and he deserved to be the Highest paid player etc. He was an elite talent that you make an exception for. Stomach his shenanigans off season and then watch HOF on the field. I'm not there by any means with Byrd.

Byrd and a third for solid qb if he doesn't want to be here.

I am happy to have wood for at least the prescribed years takin care of business and as the Byrd man says, business is business. Thanks for your time Dog.

Id be down for that trade. Problem is what team has an abundance of top shelf CBs?

What I said was, Byrd can make the argument that he should be the highest paid. He has always been good, he has very good stats, he's gotten better every year, he has a great pedigree, he is good against the run and the pass, and he is not even in his prime years. Contracts are a combination of what have you done and what you are likely to do. The fact he is going into his fifth year right now is the optimum time. Just because he may be worth the top contract doesnt mean he is the best in the league right now. But he has made peanuts for four years. He deserves a huge contract, and the last report had the Bills about 2m apart, which is likely about 6m offer to 8m want from Byrd. I didnt at all say they asked for the top contract or else.

Why would you think the Bills made an offer that pays Byrd an annual salary that is less than the franchise tender?

I got you. I'm sorry if it seemed I was ranting at you. :beer:

I mean it toward any player that comes off in the picture you painted. Stevie could have got more elsewhere likely. Wood could have certainly waited it out. Poz and Levitre aren't worth anywhere near what they are getting paid so they're irrelevant. We aren't going to overpay for talent. And we wont low ball you either.

If you think you're getting low balled you can leave. Exception of course with the tag.

And with the tag you are guaranteed to get paid a salary on the high side. certainly not low balled so there is no room for discontent. It's in your contract live with it. And don't expect any sympathy!

There's no way we do this rodeo again next year. So can you answer my thought of Byrd and a third for a solid cb?

And lastly, if the Bills are willing to pay you six. something and you want eight. something and wont come off of your point, something is wrong with you and you aren't part of my TEAM. I quit worrying about money athletes make years ago because it became ridiculously insane years ago.

If my Boss offered me a 600 percent raise I would take it. If I didn't like where I work and could get a 600 percent raise I would leave. If I was offered an eight hundred percent raise to go somewhere else but was content where I am and they were giving me a six hundred percent raise I would stay. I love you Eric Wood! We don't know the details yet but I'm going to guess he could have gotten more if he waited it out. I want these guys on my team.

These guys that want to be part of our TEAM. Stevie, Freddie, Wood and even Fitz! LOL don't blame him cause we gave him even more than he was asking for. That's how we roll I guess! I will add I always felt this way about Bruce Smith that he always would have rather been somewhere else and he deserved to be the Highest paid player etc. He was an elite talent that you make an exception for. Stomach his shenanigans off season and then watch HOF on the field. I'm not there by any means with Byrd.

Byrd and a third for solid qb if he doesn't want to be here.

I am happy to have wood for at least the prescribed years takin care of business and as the Byrd man says, business is business. Thanks for your time Dog.

that's cool. I agree with almost all of that. What I think people (not you) may be missing is that money in the NFL to these guys is very important, but JUST as important is what that money represents. They all have huge and often fragile egos, and if they didn't have these huge egos they wouldn't be great NFL players. Stevie, because the Bills gave him a chance when no one else did, and allowed him to become a star and deserve this huge payday, had a self-imposed obligation to this team and to this organization. he should be hugely loved for that, and he did in fact give a (likely) small hometown discount. I love the guy.

Wood, as he said in his press conference, also feels a an indebtedness to the Bills, because they stood by him when he got hurt four years in a row. IMO, I thought this would be a very tough negotiation because it's really hard to put a number on a very, very good player who was always hurt. But the Bills decided to reward the character of the player the way they (mistakenly) did Chris Kelsay. I love Eric Wood for how he feels about the Bills and Buffalo and organization but in a lot of ways, it is easy for him to feel that way.

Byrd, on the other hand, outrageously over-performed his paltry second round draft choice salary for four consecutive years, and then the Bills didn't offer him money that was close to guys he was likely better than. That's a completely different mindset for that player. If Stevie was a second round pick, and became what he became immediately, and then was not offered the contract that WR's he is better than were receiving, I very much doubt he would feel the way he feels and do what he did.

Safeties really are tough to gauge how much they are worth. But even to me, if the Bills offered 6m a year to Byrd as seems to be reported by WGR at 2m apart, that is pretty much an insult to Byrd and is very much lowballing him.

Each situation is different. I really don't begrudge Byrd personally for feeling as he does from what I know or think I know about the situation. He really does seem to feel under-appreciated when he has grossly been underpaid for four straight years. I think he is right.

Im prtty sure Byrd has missed some games as well....sports hyrnia wsnt it?

No but breaking your leg AND blowing out your ACL while slowing to a jog at the end of a play AND then the next season badly twisting your knee, missing more games and then narrowly avoiding a third season ending trip to the IR by coming back and playing terribly in a meaningless week 17 game.............probably indicates that you aren't what would qualify as "durable goods".

I am not against this deal by any means, when healthy he can win matchups.....something which a guy like Kelsay could not. The Bills are absolutely flush with cap space and they really don't need to be making even more holes by not re-signing good players. The truth is that Urbik and Colin Brown can both sub in capably for a few games if Wood goes down so they actually increase the value wrt retaining Wood. Now if they could turn back the clock and ink Levitre instead of sitting on that $25M or so in cap space they have left.

But with Wood, let's not DOWNPLAY the fact that he hasn't been a finisher..... coffee is for closers.....and with the intent being to be playing into week 22 at some point I'd like to see him at least finish week 17 in usable condition, unlike last year and the year before that with his knee injuries.

At some point you'll need to explain exactly why you spend any time in this forum. 'Cause I don't get it. Unless you're a troll of course; then I understand completely.

Why would you think the Bills made an offer that pays Byrd an annual salary that is less than the franchise tender?

Because safeties are a hard position to value, and the Bills (either the front office and/or the coaches) aren't willing to pay top dollar to the position. They don't know, without playing a year, how much Byrd will be worth in Pettine's system versus other players. They decided, right or wrong, they weren't going to pay top dollar (like what Goldson and Weddle got) for that position on a long term deal. Byrd and Parker, rightfully IMO, thought he should be paid at the top of the league compared to other safeties.

Because safeties are a hard position to value, and the Bills (either the front office and/or the coaches) aren't willing to pay top dollar to the position. They don't know, without playing a year, how much Byrd will be worth in Pettine's system versus other players. They decided, right or wrong, they weren't going to pay top dollar (like what Goldson and Weddle got) for that position on a long term deal. Byrd and Parker, rightfully IMO, thought he should be paid at the top of the league compared to other safeties.

Do you have any actual, reliable information concerning what the Bills offered?

" I'm comfortable here and a good comfortable. Not comfortable where you're sitting back and lazy. Comfortable where I love working with the guys I'm working here with and and I would never want to leave here especially the direction we're going and watch them make the playoffs without me"

Anyone not as committed to this guy as he is to us please come forth. Thank you for being a Bill Eric Wood. :beer:

Do you have any actual, reliable information concerning what the Bills offered?

Of course not. But I have paid close attention and a lot is known and can be inferred. WGR (I think JoeB who has become as reliable as anyone on things not known as fact) reported they were just under 2m apart. There were national reports that the Bills didn't value the safety position as much as other teams and were unwilling to meet Byrd's demands. There is the history of Parker. 9m a year on average is impossible for me to believe they were asking for, significantly higher than anyone. There were reports that Byrd wanted top three money from people who weren't non-entities. Goldson and Weddle both signed for almost exactly 8 mil a year.

It is easy to imagine, with a lot of information known, common sense, football knowledge, and trying to take emotion out of it, that the Bills were offering around 6 mil a year and Byrd wanted around 8 mil a year. If it is closer to 7 and 9, I would be more on the Bills side. If it is closer to 6 and 8, I am on Byrd's side.

You're being told? I can plainly see that Wood is extended.

My sources tell me that Jeff Tuel may be the opening day starter at QB for the Buffalo Bills..they are saying that EJ Manuel had some sort of "procedure" done on his knee. They say Tuel could become the first undrafted QB to start on opening day in the modern history of the game. Don't kill the messenger...take it FWIW! 0:)

Edited by Buftex

that's cool. I agree with almost all of that. What I think people (not you) may be missing is that money in the NFL to these guys is very important, but JUST as important is what that money represents. They all have huge and often fragile egos, and if they didn't have these huge egos they wouldn't be great NFL players. Stevie, because the Bills gave him a chance when no one else did, and allowed him to become a star and deserve this huge payday, had a self-imposed obligation to this team and to this organization. he should be hugely loved for that, and he did in fact give a (likely) small hometown discount. I love the guy.

Wood, as he said in his press conference, also feels a an indebtedness to the Bills, because they stood by him when he got hurt four years in a row. IMO, I thought this would be a very tough negotiation because it's really hard to put a number on a very, very good player who was always hurt. But the Bills decided to reward the character of the player the way they (mistakenly) did Chris Kelsay. I love Eric Wood for how he feels about the Bills and Buffalo and organization but in a lot of ways, it is easy for him to feel that way.

Byrd, on the other hand, outrageously over-performed his paltry second round draft choice salary for four consecutive years, and then the Bills didn't offer him money that was close to guys he was likely better than. That's a completely different mindset for that player. If Stevie was a second round pick, and became what he became immediately, and then was not offered the contract that WR's he is better than were receiving, I very much doubt he would feel the way he feels and do what he did.

Safeties really are tough to gauge how much they are worth. But even to me, if the Bills offered 6m a year to Byrd as seems to be reported by WGR at 2m apart, that is pretty much an insult to Byrd and is very much lowballing him.

Each situation is different. I really don't begrudge Byrd personally for feeling as he does from what I know or think I know about the situation. He really does seem to feel under-appreciated when he has grossly been underpaid for four straight years. I think he is right.

And in turn, I agree with almost all of that lol. Byrd certainly has outplayed his original contract. Imagine how the rookies in the new system are going to feel! They are in a union it is in their contract. No sympathy. Appreciation for the situation yes but again if we offer you six million dollars per year and you are insulted, well the conversation is over. I am an anti union person. You cant have it both ways. They have a contract. Now nobody is grossly over paid or under paid per se. It is structured. And while I may be anti union I also believe that part of the union contract probably saves the league and keeps everybody on a even playing field. So there is no reason to B word. I don't know the answer to this maybe you do. Did Byrd make more money under the first fours years under the old system or would he have made more now? I'm thinking he got paid more than the next guy up so I have even less love for this guy. Byrd and a third for a quality cb under contract for two or three years! Thanks Dog!

And in turn, I agree with almost all of that lol. Byrd certainly has outplayed his original contract. Imagine how the rookies in the new system are going to feel! They are in a union it is in their contract. No sympathy. Appreciation for the situation yes but again if we offer you six million dollars per year and you are insulted, well the conversation is over. I am an anti union person. You cant have it both ways. They have a contract. Now nobody is grossly over paid or under paid per se. It is structured. And while I may be anti union I also believe that part of the union contract probably saves the league and keeps everybody on a even playing field. So there is no reason to B word. I don't know the answer to this maybe you do. Did Byrd make more money under the first fours years under the old system or would he have made more now? I'm thinking he got paid more than the next guy up so I have even less love for this guy. Byrd and a third for a quality cb under contract for two or three years! Thanks Dog!

I really believe that you, or anyone, wouldn't feel the way you do, if your neighbor, who isn't as good as you, is making 8 mil a year and you are making 6, especially when you are scheduled to be able to shop your wares and you know with almost all certainty that someone will offer you the 8.

Now, granted, Byrd is making 6+ this year, which is very good money. He can't be terribly upset with what he is making. next year he would make 8+ on the Bills, which is what he is worth and likely believes he is worth. But in today's NFL, none of the players look at it that way. Each and everyone thinks of it as the way the system works. They all want a long term deal with a substantial guarantee, because that is the only money that is real. I don't see how you can say the conversation is over if he doesn't like 6m a year when IMO there isnt one player in the league that would think all that much differently. These guys aren't all that much different. Some will take less money under certain circumstances, sure. Some don't need to be paid the highest in the league. Some don't need all the adulation. But I don't think there is one very good player in the league that doesnt want to be paid what he thinks he is worth. Some of, if not most of those players likely over-exaggerate what they are worth. I really don't believe, based on the system, that Jairus Byrd is.

I really believe that you, or anyone, wouldn't feel the way you do, if your neighbor, who isn't as good as you, is making 8 mil a year and you are making 6, especially when you are scheduled to be able to shop your wares and you know with almost all certainty that someone will offer you the 8.

Now, granted, Byrd is making 6+ this year, which is very good money. He can't be terribly upset with what he is making. next year he would make 8+ on the Bills, which is what he is worth and likely believes he is worth. But in today's NFL, none of the players look at it that way. Each and everyone thinks of it as the way the system works. They all want a long term deal with a substantial guarantee, because that is the only money that is real. I don't see how you can say the conversation is over if he doesn't like 6m a year when IMO there isnt one player in the league that would think all that much differently. These guys aren't all that much different. Some will take less money under certain circumstances, sure. Some don't need to be paid the highest in the league. Some don't need all the adulation. But I don't think there is one very good player in the league that doesnt want to be paid what he thinks he is worth. Some of, if not most of those players likely over-exaggerate what they are worth. I really don't believe, based on the system, that Jairus Byrd is.

Alright I cant decipher the difference between six and eight million. All I know is I am dancing every day when I brush my teeth, sing in the shower, say hello to that clerk that I don't like that makes $22K as I enter the building, then greet the folks that have laid out my buffet breakfast with LABELS EVEN, protein, carbs etc depending on what my trainers are saying I need etc, Oh and I realize they make $18K to help ensure that I am at peak for 8 mil or whatever. But I am making enough to be content.

Remember I am happy and content at 6 mil though and don't need all the drama for 8 mil. $50k on salary would have me in a happy place. I've been buying Van Miller tickets for years and have an invested opinion.

ANY NFL PLAYER THAT FEELS HE DOESN'T MAKE ENOUGH NONEY SHOULD BE TRADED INCLUDING ROOKIES that would go somewhere else and make the same money under the new CBA.

And of course none of these rules apply to me. I didn't make 10 million on entry level contract only to be screwed over by the league and the union on the next contract where I could have made more. Or less. Tough chit. step out and be a financial advisor if you have the education then and protest the union rule of the league.

So can you answer my questions to you?

Byrd and a third to some team for a quality cb under contract for at least two years or more?

More importantly to me on Byrd as I am not a stat guy, did he make more money under his entry level contract than a rookie entering the league under the terms in the newest CBA? If so, even more reason to me to shut you pie hole while we work on getting you outta here! I want to pay players that are good and want to be here. If a player is GREAT than we have a different standard union be damned! (some union huh) End of the day here though I strongly agree with agree with you that Byrd has out played his contract. No Question. But really he's insulted making what he will be paid this year? It will be interesting for sure.

And to save the next argument, what if he has a catastrophic injury this year that would prevent him from cashing in next year? Shut up. He's getting paid this year GUARANTEED! Later man.

Forgot this edit. I LOVE ERIC WOOD! Thank you Eric

Edited by beerme1

Of course not. But I have paid close attention and a lot is known and can be inferred. WGR (I think JoeB who has become as reliable as anyone on things not known as fact) reported they were just under 2m apart. There were national reports that the Bills didn't value the safety position as much as other teams and were unwilling to meet Byrd's demands. There is the history of Parker. 9m a year on average is impossible for me to believe they were asking for, significantly higher than anyone. There were reports that Byrd wanted top three money from people who weren't non-entities. Goldson and Weddle both signed for almost exactly 8 mil a year.

It is easy to imagine, with a lot of information known, common sense, football knowledge, and trying to take emotion out of it, that the Bills were offering around 6 mil a year and Byrd wanted around 8 mil a year. If it is closer to 7 and 9, I would be more on the Bills side. If it is closer to 6 and 8, I am on Byrd's side.

You know I think you're one of the most reasonable and knowledgeable posters on this board, so accept this with all due respect, but I don't think it makes any sense whatsoever that the Bills would decide to tag Byrd -- acknowledging they want to keep him and that they're willing to pay top 5 money -- and then be negotiating at a per-year level that is below the tag. That just sounds absolutely ridiculous to me. Based upon all of the information around, and taking into account the source of that information, my best guess is that the Bills' best offer was slightly over 7M per, and Byrd's demand is slightly over 8M per. Still a significant gap, but not at any level that would be considered "insulting."

My sources tell me that Jeff Tuel may be the opening day starter at QB for the Buffalo Bills..they are saying that EJ Manuel had some sort of "procedure" done on his knee. They say Tuel could become the first undrafted QB to start on opening day in the modern history of the game. Don't kill the messenger...take it FWIW! 0:)

Don't be an ass...I used to write for the AP and texted a former colleague to see what he knew. When he told me the deal was done I shared.

Sorry if it was only minutes before Rapaport confirmed it