Tuel starts, E J comes in on the second play.

I'm sure that will scare them. They won't know what hit them. Brilliant.

it was a just a thought, sorry for wasting your time.. just thought i would throw something out there, didnt realize you critique .nice caustic response. Edited by dwight in philly

In the words of Mike Tyson, "everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face"

Never heard that one before. I like that one. I need to use that at work and use it often!

it was a just a thought, sorry for wasting your time.. just thought i would throw something out there, didnt realize you critique .nice caustic response.

No problem. You threw something out there and I threw something back. No one got hurt.

i was thinking the same thing bro, stir up who the qb might be, so new england can't prepare for any certain one... but then again its the pats... i say we just hurt brady with a cheap shot, make sure we win 2 games! and could force plkayoffs... after we beat the jests, and the fish.

I think the Pats are going to be game planning for EJ either way

I don't see the offense changing much no matter who plays with the exception of Manuel probably running a little more

yea, probably right, but was just wondering about marrone's mindset, does he have a big ego, like belicheat? im sure we will find out.

If our goal is to have the first UDFA to start an opening game in the modern era, then the OP has a great plan.

If our goal is to win, there might be some better ideas out there.

I doubt if Belicheck will be thrown off balance by any lineup choices Marrone makes.

In the words of Mike Tyson, "everyone's got a plan until they get punched in the face"

just a thought, belicheat prepares for tuel, maybe marrone is trying to out think the "genius".

If I'm Tuels mom in the stands, and I have been telling the ladies in my bridge group for a week that my boy is starting, and he gets pulled after the first play, I would hit coach in the face with my purse and kick him repeatedly in the onions with my orthopedic shoe...and let me tell you this- everyone's got a plan until they get kicked in the onions with an orthopedic shoe...

Edited by MOFO

I'm not sure this gives us enough advantage to bother with

i mean, we could always say we expect tuel to start - but with EJ getting the reps at practice that wont go anywhere. the mystery is not worth a lack of preparation in the slightest.

and i still dont get why tuel has to actually start in this plan... wouldnt EJ walking on the field to start have the same effect?

yea, probably right, but was just wondering about marrone's mindset, does he have a big ego, like belicheat? im sure we will find out.

On WGR this morning they were talking about Marrone's personality being extremely calculating per those who know him well. So, I think he will use anything to gain a competitive edge and is nothing like Nicey-Nice Jauron and Chan. However, I do not see this scenario at all.

On WGR this morning they were talking about Marrone's personality being extremely calculating per those who know him well. So, I think he will use anything to gain a competitive edge and is nothing like Nicey-Nice Jauron and Chan. However, I do not see this scenario at all.

im hoping so.. after having such corpses like mularky, jauron, and gailey, would be refreshing if marrone does have an edge, an ego..

What would really fool him is if we start Lewis, then bring in Leinart, then bring in Tuel, then bring in Smith for some Wildcat plays. And just when he was really confused, bring in EJ in the fourth quarter. But have him in the running back spot and hike it to Fred Jackson.

That should do the trick.

This is the problem. EJ-2013 is not a pro Bowl QB. I don't think the Bills can start EJ against the Pats at all. Given the insane expectations of fans if EJ does recover and start and then plays like an unpreparred rookie QB facing Belicheat defense it will be a huge hole to dig out of.

Now if he is cleared to practice next week. Then start him.

If he is cleared to practice on the 6th of Sept. Sit him for the Pats game and use the extra days to get him ready for the Panthers.

just a thought, belicheat prepares for tuel, maybe marrone is trying to out think the "genius".

I think it actually simpler than this. I listened to Marrone's presser. He is a very direct and deliberate person and has indicated more than once he only makes decisions based on facts at hand. Doesn't spend time on "what ifs", "maybes" or hopefulness.

Facts are:

1. Tuel is the only active QB with snaps under his belt that knows the offense.

2. Manuel nor Kolb are cleared to return

3. the 2 new guys just entered their iTunes password to download the playbook yesterday.

With these facts in mind What I heard him say, paraphrased, was:

The Bills are proceeding as if Tuel is the starter for week1.

As the three facts above change, so may the decision made for the game. I expect a revision to this decision on or around 9/5.

I've too have been hoping that EJ is secretly preparing for the NE game. That it's all been a misdirection or a shell game.

But then I remember what I was thinking when Shanahan rushed RGIII back on a bum knee. That was irresponsible on their part. Why foolishly risk the franchise on one game. Can you imagine the outcry if a first year coach and a first year GM ruin their first round pick for the year.

I just wish it wasn't NE. I am tired of being their B word.

I think it actually simpler than this. I listened to Marrone's presser. He is a very direct and deliberate person and has indicated more than once he only makes decisions based on facts at hand. Doesn't spend time on "what ifs", "maybes" or hopefulness.

Facts are:

3. the 2 new guys just entered their iTunes password to download the playbook yesterday.

As the three facts above change, so may the decision made for the game. I expect a revision to this decision on or around 9/5.

i guess i started thinking about this because i am not quite sure if there are rules regarding line-up announcements and if they can be changed right up to kick-off.i am thinking there are no rules(such as in hockey).

I've too have been hoping that EJ is secretly preparing for the NE game. That it's all been a misdirection or a shell game.

But then I remember what I was thinking when Shanahan rushed RGIII back on a bum knee. That was irresponsible on their part. Why foolishly risk the franchise on one game. Can you imagine the outcry if a first year coach and a first year GM ruin their first round pick for the year.

I just wish it wasn't NE. I am tired of being their B word.

misdirection was what i was thinking about.

i guess i started thinking about this because i am not quite sure if there are rules regarding line-up announcements and if they can be changed right up to kick-off.i am thinking there are no rules(such as in hockey).misdirection was what i was thinking about.

I've heard declaring the starter described as a game time decision before. I am not sure what the rules are. I guess Thurman would have been a declared starter in the Super Bowl but missed the start due to helmet gate.

I've heard declaring the starter described as a game time decision before. I am not sure what the rules are. I guess Thurman would have been a declared starter in the Super Bowl but missed the start due to helmet gate.

the very fact of helmet gate probably answers it, there is no hard rule about line-up announcements i would think now.

i guess i started thinking about this because i am not quite sure if there are rules regarding line-up announcements and if they can be changed right up to kick-off.i am thinking there are no rules(such as in hockey).

Don't ever have to declare starters, only who is active/inactive.

Facts are:

Incorrect. They must name a starter on 8/27/13 and never change that decision. This is not a fluid situation.

:flirt: