EJ hurt knee according to BB.com

If everyone wants to back off the ledge, here is video of John Clayton explaining the situation and how its a drainage procedure. Even shrugs off the mere suggestion EJ would miss any regular season time over this.

The only thing that Clayton suggests is this gives Kolb more time to "catch up" and claim the starting job in the last two preseason games, uncontested. Which we all know is very unlikely.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9576953/buffalo-bills-ej-manuel-remainder-preseason-knee

Everyone cool now?

No?

Okay. Back to your regularly scheduled insanity.

• Replies 425
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If everyone wants to back off the ledge, here is video of John Clayton explaining the situation and how its a drainage procedure. Even shrugs off the mere suggestion EJ would miss any regular season time over this.

The only thing that Clayton suggests is this gives Kolb more time to "catch up" and claim the starting job in the last two preseason games, uncontested. Which we all know is very unlikely.

http://espn.go.com/n...-preseason-knee

Everyone cool now?

No?

No. I can't stand Kolb. His a loser and has no business being allowed to even attempt to start for us, but now he will get every shot to be the guy opening day and you know that is how Marrone will go siting 'well he got the snaps the last 2 weeks so we gotta play him'.

!@#$ Kolb. He is worthless as hell, didn't do crap the first part of camp before he hurt his knee and left for 8 days and sucked ass big time last night. We go into the season with this clown starting... Jesus man...

He got hurt and then lost a family member. Get the facts right and don't make crap up just because you don't want him to start. Edited by Rockinon

if he developed swelling but there's obviously no acl tear, he must have a meniscal tear or maybe cartilage damage ( hopefully small)

So they will shave off damaged meniscus or resurface bone where cartilage might have gotten torn off.

If he needed a joint injection they wouldn't even tell us.

those are only procedures that are common and I come back from so quickly.

All ligament injuries are bigger surgeries needing alot more recovery time.

It's disappointing but it could be alot worse (rg3)

Also you don't go to operating room to drain a knee unless he has a plica. They drain UR knee in office either blindly or using ultrasound.

WOW! Season OVER before it even started! Brady gets his knee hurt, he's fine and doesn't miss a game. Manual gets hit once and he's done. Buffalo is jinxed. I bet when they built the stadium on the old Indian burial grounds the Seneca Indian Spirits put a curse on the Bills. How else can you explain 4 super bowl LOSSES IN A ROW? Odds are you would have to win one of them even by accident. Then they finish last for the whole new millennium. They haven't been to the playoffs this whole century. Tell me they didn't have a curse put on them. Dang Injuns did it again.

Shaddup!!!!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9576953/buffalo-bills-ej-manuel-remainder-preseason-knee

Everyone cool now?

No?

Clayton really makes you wonder that if regular season games were on the line it wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe some of us are right. Not that it's a ploy for the coaching staff to see if Kolb can win back the job. But at this point, I wonder IF... EJ is cleared to play for week 1, if the Bills already plan on starting him UNLESS Kolb can manage to REALLY impress in Washington.

I guess we'll all see fairly soon.

Well, it's Kolb's team now for better or worse. We'll probably see Manuel again a few weeks into the season.

Clayton really makes you wonder that if regular season games were on the line it wouldn't be an issue.

Maybe some of us are right. Not that it's a ploy for the coaching staff to see if Kolb can win back the job. But at this point, I wonder IF... EJ is cleared to play for week 1, if the Bills already plan on starting him UNLESS Kolb can manage to REALLY impress in Washington.

I guess we'll all see fairly soon.

Manuel needs all the reps he can get to get ready. They would never "shut him down" like this unless there is something to it. Given his lack of practice time it'll be Kolb for week one (unless he is hurt too). Maybe Manuel comes on after a few games when he has a chance to get back into things.

http://espn.go.com/n...-preseason-knee

Everyone cool now?

No?

I feel better, thanks.

this is nothing more than a bit of head game being played by our staff....this was probably a known procedure based on how quickly it was done and how limited EJ was last night, this avoids the scrutiny that surely would have happened had EJ not started week 3. EJ has won this job already. What Kolb showed last night was that he needs more time to learn the new fast paced system and this gives them all the reason they need to start Kolb in week 3 & 4 to get him more reps and secure his spot as a back up on the roster. Carry on, status quo for week 1, EJ will get to stay sharp in practice and will have guns a blazing versus NE.

this is nothing more than a bit of head game being played by our staff....this was probably a known procedure based on how quickly it was done and how limited EJ was last night, this avoids the scrutiny that surely would have happened had EJ not started week 3. EJ has won this job already. What Kolb showed last night was that he needs more time to learn the new fast paced system and this gives them all the reason they need to start Kolb in week 3 & 4 to get him more reps and secure his spot as a back up on the roster. Carry on, status quo for week 1, EJ will get to stay sharp in practice and will have guns a blazing versus NE.

Well EJ probably will start week 1 but this isn't a head game...

Edited by Meatloaf Sandwich

Everyone cool now?

No?

This^^^

Swelling in the knee doesn't happen by itself. It's a symptom of an injury to the joint.

Joints are meant to articulate smoothly with some lubrication. When that doesn't happen - for whatever reason - the joint can become painful, swollen, and its range of motion can be compromised.

Sometimes a meniscus can be torn or it can get lifted up slightly (out of place) and even small pieces of it can be chipped away and remain in the joint - causing abnormal wearing of the joint surfaces. A knee will swell with fluid in a case like the latter, which is a natural protective reaction the body has - it wants the joint to not be bearing weight and going through its normal full range of motion. The loose particles can be flushed out with saline and the extra fluid drained at the same time.

Hopefully, this is all that it is with EJ and this isn't some manifestation of an earlier injury or a chronic condition. The best case scenario is they drain and flush the joint and he nurses it for two weeks and is back to normal after that. If it's something worse - the knee will tell the Doctors what to do.

As for you Bills "fans" who are wishing Kevin Kolb ill - please get another team - preferably a soccer team. Your hateful rants are despicable and unworthy of any fan of this team. You might be disappointed, but you're shitting all over yourselves with venomous tirades against an athlete who wants nothing more than to compete for your team. Your behavior is shameful. Knock it off.

Frankly, Kolb needs the time right now to get better within this offense. He wasn't on the same page with his receivers last night. Over the next two weeks he will be getting alot more reps which should help him improve some. This injury to Manuel just goes to show us how important backups are.

Swelling in the knee doesn't happen by itself. It's a symptom of an injury to the joint.

Joints are meant to articulate smoothly with some lubrication. When that doesn't happen - for whatever reason - the joint can become painful, swollen, and its range of motion can be compromised.

Sometimes a meniscus can be torn or it can get lifted up slightly (out of place) and even small pieces of it can be chipped away and remain in the joint - causing abnormal wearing of the joint surfaces. A knee will swell with fluid in a case like the latter, which is a natural protective reaction the body has - it wants the joint to not be bearing weight and going through its normal full range of motion. The loose particles can be flushed out with saline and the extra fluid drained at the same time.

Hopefully, this is all that it is with EJ and this isn't some manifestation of an earlier injury or a chronic condition. The best case scenario is they drain and flush the joint and he nurses it for two weeks and is back to normal after that. If it's something worse - the knee will tell the Doctors what to do.

As for you Bills "fans" who are wishing Kevin Kolb ill - please get another team - preferably a soccer team. Your hateful rants are despicable and unworthy of any fan of this team. You might be disappointed, but you're shitting all over yourselves with venomous tirades against an athlete who wants nothing more than to compete for your team. Your behavior is shameful. Knock it off.

Wow, All this and a Tim the Enchanter avatar too! Color me impressed.

Yep, even if the meniscus is torn - which it may be - these days it's a quick procedure to trim it smooth, walking the next day, a couple weeks of rehab and good to go. On the other hand without surgery - rehab can take several months and reaggrevation is only a misstep away, been there done that.

That leap EJ made was scary, even if that isn't when the injury happened. I hope it will be a lesson to him to SLIDE

Well, it's Kolb's team now for better or worse. We'll probably see Manuel again a few weeks into the season.

Manuel needs all the reps he can get to get ready. They would never "shut him down" like this unless there is something to it. Given his lack of practice time it'll be Kolb for week one (unless he is hurt too). Maybe Manuel comes on after a few games when he has a chance to get back into things.

that all depends in how Kolb looks in the next 2 weeks. If he looks horrible, then Manuel might just be there for week 1.

Frankly, Kolb needs the time right now to get better within this offense. He wasn't on the same page with his receivers last night. Over the next two weeks he will be getting alot more reps which should help him improve some. This injury to Manuel just goes to show us how important backups are.

Thank you. Someone here gets it. Thank you very much, Sir.

Wow, All this and a Tim the Enchanter avatar too! Color me impressed.

Yep, even if the meniscus is torn - which it may be - these days it's a quick procedure to trim it smooth, walking the next day, a couple weeks of rehab and good to go. On the other hand without surgery - rehab can take several months and reaggrevation is only a misstep away, been there done that.

That leap EJ made was scary, even if that isn't when the injury happened. I hope it will be a lesson to him to SLIDE

He's been sliding pretty well. I think he got injured on the sack he had to take.

This. When I heard the news I immediately thought "meniscus". You can tear it badly enough to warrant a scope without even knowing about it until it starts to swell up. Two days on crutches, three days with a brace and a week later I was cleared for all activity. It's not a big deal with the scopes they have today.

if he developed swelling but there's obviously no acl tear, he must have a meniscal tear or maybe cartilage damage ( hopefully small)

So they will shave off damaged meniscus or resurface bone where cartilage might have gotten torn off.

If he needed a joint injection they wouldn't even tell us.

those are only procedures that are common and I come back from so quickly.

All ligament injuries are bigger surgeries needing alot more recovery time.

It's disappointing but it could be alot worse (rg3)

Also you don't go to operating room to drain a knee unless he has a plica. They drain UR knee in office either blindly or using ultrasound.

This. When I heard the news I immediately thought "meniscus". You can tear it badly enough to warrant a scope without even knowing about it until it starts to swell up. Two days on crutches, three days with a brace and a week later I was cleared for all activity. It's not a big deal with the scopes they have today.

this should give us some hope that if Kolb plays horribly (expected) in the 3rd pre season game, that EJ could not only be back for the opener, but could make it back about a week before the opener to get a full weeks in of practice.

Gets what ? More time w clueless hopeless journeyman qb's ? We've been here before.

Fire the coach tomorrow at 7:30 am. There, ya happy now?

Obviously he doesnt know what he is doing, right? But...you obviously do. You are there at the meetings, the evaluations, training camp, pre-season games etc. You are in the know. We will listen to your unparallelled wit from here on in. You know what you are talking about.

Many thanks.

Edited by jaybee

Oh goodie!! And so it begins. I'm all tingly in anticipation for the Kevin Krapp era to begin. Another year, another mediocrity under center to start the Buffalo Bills season. If Manuel can't play I sincerely hope Marrone has the stones to start the undrafted rookie over the Man of Glass. I'd rather see Tuel chucking the ball around the yard a`la Daryl Lamonica, than watching Kobb short-hopping the ball to Spiller on swing passes. And no, complaining about Kobb does not mean that I'm any less a Bills fan than any of you. I'm just sick of watching crappy players (particularly at QB) being trotted out on the field at the Ralph every fall!

Oh goodie!! And so it begins. I'm all tingly in anticipation for the Kevin Krapp era to begin. Another year, another mediocrity under center to start the Buffalo Bills season. If Manuel can't play I sincerely hope Marrone has the stones to start the undrafted rookie over the Man of Glass. I'd rather see Tuel chucking the ball around the yard a`la Daryl Lamonica, than watching Kobb short-hopping the ball to Spiller on swing passes. And no, complaining about Kobb does not mean that I'm any less a Bills fan than any of you. I'm just sick of watching crappy players (particularly at QB) being trotted out on the field at the Ralph every fall!

Man of Glass? Obviously EJ is made of glass based on your research. He hurt his knee in a pre-season game. So obviously he is a VERY bad QB. Just like Kolb. Getting hurt means you are a bad QB. If you dont believe me, just pick a thread and the light will come on. If a QB gets hurt....he is no good and thats all there is to it.

Tuel is healthy though. Must be he's a hall of famer ey? Wow, this is great !