Tarvaris Jackson

I wonder how much of a difference there is between kolb and Jackson. If I had my druthers, would have liked us keeping Jackson and letting kolb walk.

i agree. Besides, Jaxlson is more like Manuel than Kolb is. Less changing of style of offense and plays because there's a different QB in there.

I mean, I think we all know what kolb brings to the table. Mediocre starter, injury prone, takes a million sacks. I have no idea about Jackson, except that he is much more athletic. Would have liked to see how they did during the OTAs.

I would have liked to see more from him while he was here, but in all honesty, I think the unknowns are what can Kolb do behind a better offensive line and what can he do when healthy, where as Jackson seems to have limitations in real games that most teams have already seen.

I wanted to keep TJax, too. We only have one experienced QB on the roster and he's so injury prone, it's hard to guess how long he'll be able to suit up. We might end up playing games with a rookie starter and a rookie backup talking things over with him on the sideline.

Then again, Jackson's departure means more reps for EJ (and Tuel) and EJ seems to be doing well with his reps.

Neither Kolb nor TJ is the future here but I never could understand why they got TJ and never really let him show anything. By all accounts he and Kolb were about the same in OTA's with TJ arguably hitting a few more downfield passes. Whatever, good for him in Seattle now but I would have liked to see him kept over Kolb b/c of athleticsm. I'm just not a Kolb guy. Looking forward to watching EJ and Tuel in preseason much more.

I wanted to keep TJax, too. We only have one experienced QB on the roster and he's so injury prone, it's hard to guess how long he'll be able to suit up. We might end up playing games with a rookie starter and a rookie backup talking things over with him on the sideline.

Then again, Jackson's departure means more reps for EJ (and Tuel) and EJ seems to be doing well with his reps.

Yea but what is EJ really learning from Kolb, how to bandage your injuries properly? How to only play 4 games in a season? ;)

It was like when he sat behind Ponder in college. Gruden said to EJ that Ponder taught him how to not take hits heh

Edited by BuffaloFood

Neither Kolb nor TJ is the future here but I never could understand why they got TJ and never really let him show anything. By all accounts he and Kolb were about the same in OTA's with TJ arguably hitting a few more downfield passes. Whatever, good for him in Seattle now but I would have liked to see him kept over Kolb b/c of athleticsm. I'm just not a Kolb guy. Looking forward to watching EJ and Tuel in preseason much more.

i dont mind them making a decision, i just wouldve dragged it out a bit more. heaven forbid that kolb tore his acl when he slipped for instance.

Yea but what is EJ really learning from Kolb, how to bandage your injuries properly? How to only play 4 games in a season? ;)

It was like when he sat behind Ponder in college. Gruden said to EJ that Ponder taught him how to not take hits heh

Will be very interesting to see who end up being the better NFL QB between Ponder and EJ. I think Ponder actually gets kind of a bad rap - probably due to being drafted higher than anyone thought he should be (4 spots higher than EJ even) and the fact he has AP running the ball. But if you watch him play, he is actually decent. I sure hope EJ is better, but the comparison will be there.

Didn't he start in minny for 2 seasons?

I think one in Minny and one as a Seahawk but I am not looking it up. Good luck to him, I think he is a good back up. I don't think anyone is as bad as Kolb and never liked the signing but I am not the FO. Hopefully they know.

Yeah that worked out terribly in Washington last year

Glad to see Jackson is performing well after being held hostage in Buffalo for a year. Got that good prison workout like Vick did. Same treatment basically. You can work out all you would like, but no playbooks and no practicing with 1st or 2nd team.

So Jackson was paid close to $2 million dollars for .. oh .. nothing. And you compare that to being in a federal prison.

All I know is Kolb has been good enough to start on at least one team, and Jackson has never been good enough to start on any team. Heck, he couldn't get on the field here with Mr. Harvard out there throwing picks like it was his job.

The Bills QB decisions lately have been a bit bizarre. I feel Gailey completely mismanaged his QBs as far as roster and playing time decisions.

I mean Tyler Thigpen? Also:

Tarvaris has 34 career starts in 7 seasons.

Kolb has 21 career starts in 6 seasons.

Finally, I thought it was a weird move to re-sign Tarvaris and then to cut him.

I guess they saw all they needed to see in OTAs.