Met Doug Marrone this past Sunday

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see that happening. The guy drew interest from nearly half the teams in the league. He'd have to look terrible during camp and preseason, and if that's the case they'd just cut him.

There's also the mysterious injury that appears at the end of the preseason and puts him on IR.

There's also the mysterious injury that appears at the end of the preseason and puts him on IR.

The downside to this is he doesn't get to practice with the team all year.

Hopefully he plays well and finds a role. If not I think you keep him as the 6th WR and he's inactive if he can't play special teams, but at least he can practice all year. Hell they found a roster spot for John Potter last season.

I was at a fundraiser in the Bronx this past weekend and DOug Marone was hanging out talking shop. If you weren't a Bills fan you would have not even noticed he was there. A few things of note: He is going to use Spiller more this year (which we kind of already knew), he said Manuel is competing for the starting job and both have shined at times. He really admires Manuels leadership qualities as he's been working with the WR"s and contantly seeking veteran advice. He says Da'Rick Roger could be a good player in this league but he doesn't think he'll make and impact this year. He also said he thinks Woods and Alonso will be very good pro's. I'll told him I was from NYC but I go to every opening day he responded: "Oh, so you're going to the New England game?....It's gonna be a war!!!" Then he walked away. Fired up for opening day!

So there are two QB's competing for the starting job and both have shined.......at times?? Ob boy can't wait. :rolleyes:

I was at a fundraiser in the Bronx this past weekend and DOug Marone was hanging out talking shop. If you weren't a Bills fan you would have not even noticed he was there. A few things of note: He is going to use Spiller more this year (which we kind of already knew), he said Manuel is competing for the starting job and both have shined at times. He really admires Manuels leadership qualities as he's been working with the WR"s and contantly seeking veteran advice. He says Da'Rick Roger could be a good player in this league but he doesn't think he'll make and impact this year. He also said he thinks Woods and Alonso will be very good pro's. I'll told him I was from NYC but I go to every opening day he responded: "Oh, so you're going to the New England game?....It's gonna be a war!!!" Then he walked away. Fired up for opening day!

:worthy:

me, myself ,and i would come off as an idiot or a stalker fan in this situation you lucky dog.

You did good. and thanks a ton for sharing. this guy is consistent with his message and tone.

I dont care much about Rogers .

But i sure as hell appreciate having this big fella Marrone running the show.

I suspect with ups and downs we are in for a heck of a ride the next 3 years gents and ladies.

Great post .

And Ye Ole , the phrase you dog one of us ? Times ten with Coach Marrone i am feeling.

I'm fired up too. darned tootin' Go Bills

So there are two QB's competing for the starting job and both have shined.......at times?? Ob boy can't wait. :rolleyes:

To be fair, why in the world would Marrone say anything to a fan about the QB situation that could tip his hand at this juncture? It's great that he went out of his way to praise Manuel.

It seems wierd to me that he would talk this candidly. Fishy.

What was so candid? Using Spiller more? Excited about his rookie QB? Cautiously optimistic about an UDFA WR?

Surprising to me that Marrone would be so open about his projection on Rogers (or any player).

Rogers is an immature athlete. Marronne is not going to give him a free ride on the bus. Darrick would have to earn everything at OBD. And he should be thankful for this opportunity.

Edited by ganesh

Thanks for all the info!!!

Wish you asked about Dustin Hopkins vs Lindell battle.

I am very interested to see how serious he is about the possibility of going with Hopkins over Lindell

Love his enthusiasm!

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

Thanks, love the story and wish I had the chance to meet Coach Marrone and chew the fat in a setting like that. I have to admit that I have developed quite a man-crush on Marrone as our new leader, and stories such as this one only solidify my feelings a little more.

I am sure part of it is the fact that we have been starving for a good coach since, well, I'd have to say Wade ... but I really like Marrone's no-nonsense/highly motivated way that he comes across.

Is there a rookie-of-the-year award for head coaches? I choo-choo-choose him to win that if it exists.

And I love what Lindell has done with his clutch old leg for us, but Dustin Hopkins will be our kicker this year.