Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The reality of this is that Hernandez is another example of someone throwing their entire life away over something stupid. I don't care what this guy did, it does not warrant death. The reckless abandon for a human life that people have now days is staggering. This just shows again that, no matter their social status, whack jobs are everywhere. I feel for the friends and family of the victim and hope that justice is served.

You are incredibly naive if you don't believe the Pats had advanced knowledge.

What I believe is irrelevant. Stick to the point, which is that you don't "know" anything and are simply speculating.

I haven't been on TSW in awhile, but I did come here to read some of the responses on the AH crime situation. Not to bash anyone, but I'm surprised about the lack of clarity on this subject.

This case is so simple, it's mind blowing to read some of the comments that I've read. I've read the entire thread and it took me awhile to read, but I'm stunned with what I've read.

I don't know if it's because some of the posters are young, but the lack of critical thinking is alarming. I have access to ESPN at work in the hallways and I was getting updates as I was walking by the TVs.

Here's what I thought as the case progressed: It was clear from the beginning that AH was guilty. It was clear that the police focused on him from the beginning and it was clear that he was the prime suspect.

In the early going, published reports said he wasn't a suspect, but it's clear from the actions of the police department, that he was the prime suspect from the very beginning.

In fact, they knew he was guilty the first time they talked to him. They just had to finish the case and get all the facts lined up for the DA.

I think some of the things that I've read about him being suspended for the year from the NFL, or that this could go to training camp were unbelievable

I also think the Pats knew they were going to release him long before they did. Most NFL security people have law enforcement backgrounds, so they were on this the whole time.

I know it's easy to post with hindsight being 20/20, but this guy had a history and from police action, it's crystal clear they had their guy.

So do you do lotto numbers too?

I haven't been on TSW in awhile,

And after reading this...

but I did come here to read some of the responses on the AH crime situation. Not to bash anyone, but I'm surprised about the lack of clarity on this subject.

This case is so simple, it's mind blowing to read some of the comments that I've read. I've read the entire thread and it took me awhile to read, but I'm stunned with what I've read.

I don't know if it's because some of the posters are young, but the lack of critical thinking is alarming. I have access to ESPN at work in the hallways and I was getting updates as I was walking by the TVs.

Here's what I thought as the case progressed: It was clear from the beginning that AH was guilty. It was clear that the police focused on him from the beginning and it was clear that he was the prime suspect.

In the early going, published reports said he wasn't a suspect, but it's clear from the actions of the police department, that he was the prime suspect from the very beginning.

In fact, they knew he was guilty the first time they talked to him. They just had to finish the case and get all the facts lined up for the DA.

I think some of the things that I've read about him being suspended for the year from the NFL, or that this could go to training camp were unbelievable

I also think the Pats knew they were going to release him long before they did. Most NFL security people have law enforcement backgrounds, so they were on this the whole time.

I know it's easy to post with hindsight being 20/20, but this guy had a history and from police action, it's crystal clear they had their guy.

I have to say, we really haven't missed you.

So do you do lotto numbers too?

Only yesterday's.

It reads like a primer on how NOT to kill someone. Rent a car, make sure you're seen on multiple cameras, with a gun. Make sure you leave evidence at the scene of the crime. Make sure you leave the same evidence in the car rented in your name. Make sure the victim texts that he's with you two minutes before you kill him. Make sure you commit the murder near your house. Make sure you're seen leaving the scene of the crime and arriving at your house in the exact amount of time it takes to get from the scent to your house. And make sure you have a record of picking up the victim, and a record of your motive for killing the victim.

If you were writing a script for a comedy mob movie, and are including the world's most incompetent hit, this would be it.

You forgot the part about making sure that people nearby the time and the place of the murder heard gunshots.

:)

You forgot the part about making sure that people nearby the time and the place of the murder heard gunshots.

We need the Coen brothers to direct the movie---and an OJ jury reunion should be part of it.

We need the Coen brothers to direct the movie---and an OJ jury reunion should be part of it.

So true.

Everyone remembers Fargo but Blood Simple was every bit the trainwreck murder narrative. Things just spiraling out of control.

Like the Alcoa commercials would say, "If you said the Coen brothers, you made the right call!"

So true.

Everyone remembers Fargo but Blood Simple was every bit the trainwreck murder narrative. Things just spiraling out of control.

Like the Alcoa commercials would say, "If you said the Coen brothers, you made the right call!"

hehe....altho honorable mention should surely go to author Elmore Leonard...no one does the f'up criminal any better

I omitted "make sure you gather your crew for help," too. I lost interest...a comprehensive list of the stupidity of this crime would take just too damn long.

I mean, it's not that hard, particularly if you have help. Steal a van. Snatch guy off street. Drive to flooded quarry (the one at Harris Hill and Wehrle in Clarence is good for this). Slit guy's throat and dump (with cinder blocks attached) in flooded quarry (if you're a murderer, water is your friend. And chemically active water, like you'd find in a quarry, is your best friend). Drive van to completely different location. Torch van. And for God's sake, don't stop to buy any !@#$ing Bubblicious!

Really, who does that? "Yeah, I'm going to put a cap in this guys ass...but give me a minute, I need some Bubblicious first." What'd Hernandez score on the Wonderlic, a two? What the !@#$ sort of thought process is that?

hehe....altho honorable mention should surely go to author Elmore Leonard...no one does the f'up criminal any better

As I was typing it, I did envision Dennis Farina as the mark. Or Joe Pesci.

I omitted "make sure you gather your crew for help," too. I lost interest...a comprehensive list of the stupidity of this crime would take just too damn long.

I mean, it's not that hard, particularly if you have help. Steal a van. Snatch guy off street. Drive to flooded quarry (the one at Harris Hill and Wehrle in Clarence is good for this). Slit guy's throat and dump (with cinder blocks attached) in flooded quarry (if you're a murderer, water is your friend. And chemically active water, like you'd find in a quarry, is your best friend). Drive van to completely different location. Torch van. And for God's sake, don't stop to buy any !@#$ing Bubblicious!

Your forgot one thing. Leave your cell phone at home.

Really, who does that? "Yeah, I'm going to put a cap in this guys ass...but give me a minute, I need some Bubblicious first." What'd Hernandez score on the Wonderlic, a two? What the !@#$ sort of thought process is that?

As I was typing it, I did envision Dennis Farina as the mark. Or Joe Pesci.

I used to swim and fish in that quarry. And at Aero lake (near the airport) which was declared a superfund clean up in the late 80s or early 90s (I am still okay, thanks for asking). So the obvious problem with you plan lays right there. Someday they will find the body, either some kid will fish something up or the Gov. will be cleaning up the toxic pollution and find the guy. Of course, time passes so maybe you'd be alright. BTW you seem to have thought this out, why the hell am I talking to you?

I should have said I felt like I was reading some pollyannaish posts. The guy was guilty and to sit here and type in some lame excuses about how he could possibly be in the wrong place at the wrong time or something like that or the gun could have fired by accident is somehow just stupid to me. I guess I wanted more about how he was guilty rather than how he could be innocent.

\

Come on man, it was clear he was the prime suspect. Just like OJ.

The operative word throughout the media yesterday -News & Sports channels alike- was "Stunning!". And, indeed, "WOW!" was used here as well. Evidently, TSW was the only place who had someone with the other-worldly insight to have correctly discerned the facts of the case before the legal gag order provided only LE with the ability to report their findings.

Or not..

So true.

"Blood Simple" is a criminally underrated classic. But let's not forget Sam Raimi's "A Simple Plan" (Raimi was the cinematographer for "Blood Simple") - a great flick about the slow unraveling of a planned killing.

There is so much funny in this post. The highlighted is the best, though. Ridiculing the critical thinking of others while citing ESPN on TVs in the hallways as the source for your superior ability to reach the conclusion in this case long before anyone else--awesome.

...except where you say that "as the progressed" you thought he was "clear(ly)" guilty from the beginning". That makes no logical sense---which is even funnier thatn the first part.

"Blood Simple" is a criminally underrated classic. But let's not forget Sam Raimi's "A Simple Plan" (Raimi was the cinematographer for "Blood Simple") - a great flick about the slow unraveling of a planned killing.

How about "Things to Do in Denver When Your Dead"?

Buckwheats for everyone...

Edited by Mr. WEO