Patriots' Hernandez arrested in homicide investigation

AS IF IT COULDN'T GET ANY WORSE:

Boston investigators are now investigating Hernandez for a double homicide that was committed last June.

http://www.myfoxbost...-double-killing

"The men were identified as Safiro Furtado and Daniel Abreu. The FOX 25 source said the men, who worked at a cleaning company in Dorchester, had just left a bar in the area." I've heard of guys being neat freaks, but damn, AH really had a thing for cleaning crews.

Read more: http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing#ixzz2XQToiOpK

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boston investigators are now investigating Hernandez for a double homicide that was committed last June.

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing'>http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing

http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/22702430/2013/06/27/source-hernandez-investigated-in-boston-double-killing

Hernandez is already off the team so whatever else happens is just funny.

Does it matter in the eyes of the law? If they're all present and working together, do they all get the same charge regardless of who pulled the trigger?

Perhaps not. But I haven't heard about anyone else being named the gunman and most here seem to have assumed it was AH. It apparently wasn't. Not a small detail.

Question: if the Pats* organization is so well-connected and knew what sort of a dirtbag AH is, why did they sign him to a 5-year extension just one year ago?

to steal one from deadspins article - not every dillweed is a murderer.... and sometimes you get your hands tied by a guy playing really well so theres pressure to keep him but not knowing quite what to expect from him because he is shaky character but you dont always peg that as someone that executes people.

Perhaps not. But I haven't heard about anyone else being named the gunman and most here seem to have assumed it was AH. It apparently wasn't. Not a small detail.

or atleast they arent confident in making the claim publicly yet and then being held to it if something comes out.

right now it still seems like its still the "very clear they were involved" that we know before (but escalated in certainty), but still not positive what happened in the short window of the actual shooting... the big development being the planning aspect.

I'm late to this party, but this story suggests that Hernandez is in deep, deep trouble. http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/2013/06/27/texts-video-cited-charges-against-hernandez/o6Mxq7BkYu5wvwSuRsnkyJ/story.html .

He also sounds like a genuinely terrible human being.

They returned the rental car with a shell casing in it..... REALLY?!?!

ill agree here. hopefully they dont pull a rabbit out of their hats and turn amendola into welker and all of a sudden us a camp fodder cut from some team as some magical weapon like they have in the past.

they took risks, they got rewards, and they face consequences. theyve handled losing talent before, but typically with a bit more warning and ability to plan for it. itll be interesting to see what direction they go. it seems they werent altogether ignoring the risks with gronk and AH though, as every year we have talked about how many TEs can they possibly sign... but itll be tough (impossible) to fully replace that talent at this point.

Donald Jones?

to steal one from deadspins article - not every dillweed is a murderer.... and sometimes you get your hands tied by a guy playing really well so theres pressure to keep him but not knowing quite what to expect from him because he is shaky character but you dont always peg that as someone that executes people.

Just this morning players like Matt Light are coming out with statements about how much of a d-bag AH was -- while nobody is saying, "I knew he'd kill somebody" it certainly sounds as though the Pats* ignored the fact he's an a-hole and decided to give him a boatload of cash despite the risks.

Just pointing this out, as I really get tired of hearing how freaking great that organization is. They're one blow to Tom Brady's knee away from being an average football team.

Just this morning players like Matt Light are coming out with statements about how much of a d-bag AH was -- while nobody is saying, "I knew he'd kill somebody" it certainly sounds as though the Pats* ignored the fact he's an a-hole and decided to give him a boatload of cash despite the risks.

Just pointing this out, as I really get tired of hearing how freaking great that organization is. They're one blow to Tom Brady's knee away from being an below average football team.

Fixed it fer ya.

I always thought Hernandez must have straightened out. While I dislike the Pats, I always thought they they are like the Yankees of the NFL - they force their guys to get in line with the program. I could never argue with sustained success.

I can't see Brady tolerating crap from a snot nosed punk. I would rather beat the Pats with their best. This is just a mess. The NFL has a problem on their hands big time. More and more I think that this league will implode and have to be weeded out. How many times do I have to speak to my kids about yet another player being arrested? This is the game that we make such a big deal about watching every Sunday too. So this game I hold in high regard is full of knuckleheads and worse!

And a piece of chewed, blue bubblicious gum. The same kind AH bought 5 minutes before Odin was killed.

What kind of Killer chews cotton candy Bubblicious gum....the stupid kind.

Anyway, they found that gum next to a spent shell casing in the car the guy rented? I read another report that stated when AH returned the rental car an attendant found a shell casing and wrapper in the car and threw them in the garbage

I always thought Hernandez must have straightened out. While I dislike the Pats, I always thought they they are like the Yankees of the NFL - they force their guys to get in line with the program. I could never argue with sustained success.

I can't see Brady tolerating crap from a snot nosed punk. I would rather beat the Pats with their best. This is just a mess. The NFL has a problem on their hands big time. More and more I think that this league will implode and have to be weeded out. How many times do I have to speak to my kids about yet another player being arrested? This is the game that we make such a big deal about watching every Sunday too. So this game I hold in high regard is full of knuckleheads and worse!

It's frustrating but understandable. These men (as it turns out, only 2% of them anyway) are coddled and pampered from Day 1 in High School football...they are given passing marks at the insistence of the coach and suspensions or detentions always expire on a Thursday before games. In college, again, they are given extra help to pass classes, tutors, nice housing, transportation and women fawn over them. People support their school with big money and gifts. trainers pamper the stars and they walk on various trouble they get into during their college years. They become pros and can say what they want because, after all, they have always been taken care of. They can find women at the drop of a hat, they can hit their mothers, smoke weed and brandish weapons...they believe they will be taken care of by those same trainers, coaches and owners. Thugs will always believe they are above the law. I choose to support the classy players...FredEx, CJ, Beebe in his day....shoot, even Ray Bentley wrote children's books. I'm not saying we need a team of choir boys, but I admire a player who can keep his nose clean and still succeed on the field.

LIVESTRONG!

i believe hes 19 and at UF in that photo, as context for when/where it happened.

TMZ also reporting that friends say that since the big contract and child that they thought he was genuinely trying to get out of the gang stuff he was mixed up in, but that the gang wasnt a big fan of that choice.

http://www.tmz.com/2013/06/27/aaron-hernandez-gang-murder-firearms-kill-me/

just sharing as a new piece of info thats come out, not commentary on what i think he was doing

Edited by NoSaint