Evans or Moulds

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Easy choice...EM80.

Is this even a real question? Come on, man, it's E. Moulds all day long. Not even close.

Moulds by a long shot.

Evans made a much quicker impact, but when Moulds finally "got it" in his third year they really weren't close.

/thread?

No wait, Cockenstein hasn't showed up to tell everyone they're wrong yet.

Lee Evans, Buffalo stats: 109 games, 377 receptions, 5,934 yards, 43 TDs.

Eric Moulds, Buffalo stats: 154 games, 675 receptions, 9,096 yards, 49 TDs.

One of the most important stats not listed...for the last few years of his career Eric Moulds was the last player playing in the NFL that caught a TD pass from JK.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Moulds was certainly more producitve... as bad some of the teams Moulds played on, he had far better QB play than Evans ever had.

They are two completely different types of receivers. Moulds was likely better, but I always thought EM could have been even better. I like the guy, but, honestly, after his huge year in 2002, I think it went to his head a little...he was a bit lazy after that. I can't even explain how much he used to piss me off with his half hearted efforts, and as I recall, he seemed bent on getting a pass interfernce call on nearly every play...flame away!

The better question would be E Moulds or #83. I'd of course go Reed but Moulds lives in Reeds neighborhood.

Evans please, maybe the most overrated Bill of alltime on this board. Decent receiver on a bunch of sh*t teams, nothing more nothing less.

Edited by Gordio

The one thing you can say in Evans' favor is that he was more consistent/better at finding the endzone than Moulds. This despite being a significantly smaller guy and having generally worse QB play during his Bills career.

Moulds was certainly more producitve... as bad some of the teams Moulds played on, he had far better QB play than Evans ever had.

They are two completely different types of receivers. Moulds was likely better, but I always thought EM could have been even better. I like the guy, but, honestly, after his huge year in 2002, I think it went to his head a little...he was a bit lazy after that. I can't even explain how much he used to piss me off with his half hearted efforts, and as I recall, he seemed bent on getting a pass interfernce call on nearly every play...flame away!

He got off to a huge start in 2003, but got hurt in the Cincy OT game. He tore his groin that he came back after a few weeks and gutted it out. However, he really lost his speed. His injury killed the Bills offense that year. They were never the same after he got hurt. In the first five games of 03, he had 30 catches for 457 yards. He was on pace for 96 catches and 1462 yards that year.

He had a good year in 04 on a team with a bad offense. After that, it was all crappy QB play. I honestly think he never quite recovered from the 03 injury. Before that, he was one of the most explosive players in the league, and he and Flutie had a great connection. His season in 1998 may have been the best season by a receiver in Bills history. He was basically uncoverable: http://www.pro-footb.../M/MoulEr00.htm .

In any event, he was a better player than Evans.

Edited by dave mcbride

Moulds was far more versatile than Evans. He can go deep. It can go across the middle. He can hurt you with the slant. He was extremely strong. Good all around receiver. Evans had one thing going for him. Speed.

Also, a lot of people like to point to SJ's three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons (in the most pass-heavy era the league has ever known), while Moulds was 102 yards away from FIVE consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, back when it was a run-first league.

Also, a lot of people like to point to SJ's three consecutive 1,000 yard seasons (in the most pass-heavy era the league has ever known), while Moulds was 102 yards away from FIVE consecutive 1,000 yard seasons, back when it was a run-first league.

That is such a bogus statement. We threw the ball just as many times back than, than we do now. Just because other teams chuck the ball more doesn't necessarily mean we did.

Don't take anything away from Stevie

Edited by FleaMoulds80

BOOM!

That is such a bogus statement. We threw the ball just as many times back than, than we do now. Just because other teams chuck the ball more doesn't necessarily mean we did.

Moulds at his best was a far better player than Stevie, who also happens to be a good player. Moulds at his best was a dominant player.

Which do you think was better?

Do you really even have to ask ? I think it pretty much is a no brainer , one is in the Bills record books time & again the other isn't ..

I 'll leave the answer up to you ... :doh:

Moulds at his best was a far better player than Stevie, who also happens to be a good player. Moulds at his best was a dominant player.

I totally disagree but what else is new. Obviously I was a big Moulds fan but Stevie is just a better WR. He's done more with less athletic ability and less talent at the QB position than Moulds has done. Stevie has done it all by himself.

BOOM!

Like I said. That's a bogus argument. The Bills have chucked the ball as many times now than we have back then. Mould's best year, we threw the ball 600 times. We have NEVER thrown that many passes in the Stevie era. That's a bullsh*t argument.

Moulds best year came in 2002, where we had 612 pass attempts. Just sayin...

Edited by FleaMoulds80

I totally disagree but what else is new. Obviously I was a big Moulds fan but Stevie is just a better WR. He's done more with less athletic ability and less talent at the QB position than Moulds has done. Stevie has done it all by himself.

Like I said. That's a bogus argument. The Bills have chucked the ball as many times now than we have back then. Mould's best year, we threw the ball 600 times. We have NEVER thrown that many passes in the Stevie era. That's a bullsh*t argument.

Moulds best year came in 2002, where we had 612 pass attempts. Just sayin...

Moulds best year by far was 1998. He had fewer receptions than in 2002, but he was clearly a more dominant player. I watched all the games both seasons, and his performance that year was spectacular. He also got off to an amazing start in 03 before getting hurt.

Well, you can go ahead and crunch the numbers if you like. But your claim above is categorically false. We did not throw the ball just as many times then as we do now--particularly when you look at passes as percentage of plays. But whatever.