Faith Hill's Replacement on SNF

Depends on your definition of country music. I love Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline; but I also love "Americana/Alt-Country" (Levon Helm, Bob Dylan, Uncle Tupelo, Old 97s, Neko Case early stuff, etc), which I think is more true to country music than the country-pop crap. I think Jack White could put out a better country album than anything Kenny Chesney or psuedo-country signers could do.

+1

To all this and I'll add any music genre that tells the 'performers' to hold a guitar they can't play screams bogus! (Chesney, et al). It was fraud when Elvis did it and still is today.

Or hey, how about just starting the football game ten minutes earlier and letting the 'tards who want to listen to awful pop music turn to American Idol instead.

Admittedly, I'm a retard homer because I dig prime time football and most everything that goes with it. It's different here because the games start about 5 p.m., so we pause them long enough to skip through most of the first-half commercials, fire up the grill, grab some beers, put on some steaks or burgers and crank it up. I loved Hank's opening, and even liked Faith Hill once I realized she was singing a knockoff of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

It says, "The days over, we drinking-n-eatin'-n-watching football." The only thing missing...the one thing I miss more than anything from primetime football...is Howard Cosell's halftime Sunday games recap.

The C Lo opening is embarrassing, but I'm looking forward to Carrie Underwood.

In fact, the only thing that would make the Carrie Underwood opening better would be if she was singing it with Brad Paisley.

Admittedly, I'm a retard homer because I dig prime time football and most everything that goes with it. It's different here because the games start about 5 p.m., so we pause them long enough to skip through most of the first-half commercials, fire up the grill, grab some beers, put on some steaks or burgers and crank it up. I loved Hank's opening, and even liked Faith Hill once I realized she was singing a knockoff of Joan Jett's "I Hate Myself for Loving You."

It says, "The days over, we drinking-n-eatin'-n-watching football." The only thing missing...the one thing I miss more than anything from primetime football...is Howard Cosell's halftime Sunday games recap.

The C Lo opening is embarrassing, but I'm looking forward to Carrie Underwood.

In fact, the only thing that would make the Carrie Underwood opening better would be if she was singing it with Brad Paisley.

Someone YouTube accidental racist. I was a fan of Paisley's until that ****.

I don't know why but I'd like to see Velvet Revolver do an intro.

Why don't we just put a blond stripper on stage and have her whirl around a bag of full of cats on acid. It can't sound worse.

Yeah, I hate country music.

Nicely played.

Not sure why I had a sneaking suspicion it'd be Jack White...

For me, nothing will ever top the "original" MNF intro. No singing, just great intro music and that incredible buildup with Gifford/Cosell.

Hank Jr. was fun and didn't bother me; it still seemed to be all about getting revved up for football.

What NBC has done is awful.

I'm not sure what demographic they're trying to keep from turning the channel by having hot country singers introduce football... maybe NASCAR fans, but you'd think in that case a singing sheep might work better...

I thought this was who was going to replace Faith Hill:

Faith_Hill_without_makeup.jpg

Oh, wait a minute... :doh:

David Coverdale?

I, for one, can't stand her. I think she's just a product of the Nashville Machine and a no-talent hack.

But that's just me..

. I agree. If she wasnt good looking?

I, for one, can't stand her. I think she's just a product of the Nashville Machine and a no-talent hack.

But that's just me..

I agree. Faith Hill is a much better singer. Underwood is all looks. I'd rather have Maranda Lambert.

Faith Hill is a much better singer. Underwood is all looks.

Again...Not my kind of music whatsoever...And no offense to Hill who can definitely sing...But even still...You're take is ridiculous...Just because Underwood does not show it in every top 40 song you may hear, it does not diminish the fact that the girl can flat out sing...

And personally, as a Hard Rock guy who was in in first garage band at 15, I pretty much despise American Idol and everything it stands for in the music industry...But that being said, I'm not going to deny that it is the single hardest talent competition to win on this planet...And there is absolutely no way anyone can win that thing on looks alone...It takes real talent...Don't kid yourself... B-)

Faith is more country. Carrie more Hollywood. Faith a better artist. Carrie a better singer. Faith a better role model. Carrie better looking.

Without even looking at this thread or the news I knew Carrie would get the nod. Country is the most popular music genre in the US and it is not threatening to have the artists perform.

For those bashing country music I feel bad for you. There is some good stuff there.

I'm not a country music fan per say. I like some of the stuff though. That said I have thought for years the most talented singers come out of that genre. I think a lot of the hate for the music comes from a dislike the culture. Perceive the fan base as being rural, white hicks. Edited by Dante

I'm not a country music fan per say. I like some of the stuff though. That said I have thought for years the most talented singers come out of that genre. I think a lot of the hate for the music comes from a dislike the culture. Perceive the fan base as being rural, white hicks.

Rarely are perceptions so close to reality.

I took my wife (huge country fan) to a Carrie Underwood concert last year. Yes, she can flat out sing. No issue about her talent coming from me.

And that's an impressive softball photo of her. Keeping her eyes on the ball all the way in to contact with the bat. Perfect. I always tell my 8 yr old son to do that in his little league games.

Would you pay more attention to Carrie Underwood.than to Tony Romo?

Carrie Underwood will be starring in SNF each week and Tony Romo will be a guest star (and if game is out of control a bit player) so why wouldn't people?

http://www.cbssports...as-voice-of-snf

Unless, of course, you're Tony Romo, and the Cowboys are playing on SNF. Psst, the two dated in 2007, and after they broke up, Underwood had this to say to Esquire:

"Point blank, [Romo] is about football," she said. "I don't know if it's that I'm not quite his type or whatever, but I don't think he's at the point in his life where he would be willing to sacrifice football.

"He hated so much that people thought that he was paying more attention to me and that was causing him to not do well."

• 4 weeks later...