Faith Hill's Replacement on SNF

It's close but I think Carrie's are the best:

carrie-underwood-scotty-mccreery-celebrity-softball-14.jpg

I know I am going to take a bunch of heat for this and you may just want to file this under, "Dude, what the hell are you looking at?!" category, but I hope that is a Minnie Pearl lookalike in the background as MP has been dead for a numbers of years now and her return over other deceased options would be...disturbing.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never really liked Fiath Hill, but I can't stand her ever since I saw THIS. I watched this on TV and remember thinking what a #&@^%#&^ she was:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyZRiEJnIag

I always thought that Faith Hill was a skank and got by. By :censored::oops: um never mind said this before on here and got a nasty e-mail by the mods and a warning point. 0:)

At the risk of sounding like a fan of either, she gained her fame by winning American Idol. She is more talented than Faith Hill by a mile.

However, she's certainly no King Diamond...

haha, King Diamond??

funny thing is i remember her on American Idol back when i watched it.. and they MADE her do country! she kept trying to be more rock with her song choices, including a pretty good version of Heart's Alone. but they packaged her as country, so in that sense i suppose she is a little bit of a Nashville machine product. she can sing though.

Faith was always a questionable choice, not bad, but to sing basically a Joan Jett song without that toughness and grit was a little lacking. I fear they will do the same with Carrie, but she may be able to rock it a bit w/o being phony.

At least she's blond!!

Skinny too!

A former American Idol.

Dated Tony Romo.

Married to Mike Fisher of the Nashville Predators.

Dallas opens on SNL September 8.

How much off the charts could this be!

She works for me! I give my enthusiastic approval.

I hate the MNF broadcast. They want to make every game a mini-Super Bowl. ESPN has 90 minutes of pre-game coverage, they do a ridiculous, overblown introduction number and then all the irrelevant "MNF stats and trivia" as if they mean anything.

They improved the start time from a 9:05PM start to a 8:35PM start, but I still rarely watch the second half unless it's a good match-up (which does not happen often).

The one thing I like is Mike Tirico (who I think is superb) but I loathe Jon Gruden.

Faith is more country. Carrie more Hollywood. Faith a better artist. Carrie a better singer. Faith a better role model. Carrie better looking.

Without even looking at this thread or the news I knew Carrie would get the nod. Country is the most popular music genre in the US and it is not threatening to have the artists perform.

For those bashing country music I feel bad for you. There is some good stuff there.

For those bashing country music I feel bad for you. There is some good stuff there.

Depends on your definition of country music. I love Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson and Patsy Cline; but I also love "Americana/Alt-Country" (Levon Helm, Bob Dylan, Uncle Tupelo, Old 97s, Neko Case early stuff, etc), which I think is more true to country music than the country-pop crap. I think Jack White could put out a better country album than anything Kenny Chesney or psuedo-country signers could do.

Why don't we just put a blond stripper on stage and have her whirl around a bag of full of cats on acid. It can't sound worse.

Yeah, I hate country music.

Or hey, how about just starting the football game ten minutes earlier and letting the 'tards who want to listen to awful pop music turn to American Idol instead.