Geno Smith goes home <edit> will attend day 2

Those of you who believe anyone is implying Geno's actions will sway a team's evaluation are missing the point. The evaluation is what it is -- Geno's simply confirming what many already suspected; i.e., he doesn't handle adversity well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

what a little soft a$$ busta. Be a man and stand up to it.

Is this what a franchise QB does?

When Matt Barkley declined an invitation to the draft, I felt strongly that he was not a grown-ass man.

Geno must, and didnt, attend the second day. Just like a little boy. No i'll pass, thanks.

Pretty much nobody projected E.J. to be a first round pick, but he MANNED UP and attended the draft.

This is what grown-ups do.

Edited by maddenboy

I feel bad for the kid that he received bad advice from his agent (I'm speculating), in advising him to attend the green room, and you hate to see someone go through such embarrassment of having the cameras on you, pick after pick and not getting drafted, but there were serious concerns about the kid's leadership and resolve and all he did was just feed into those criticisms.

Good for him, but I'll guarantee the decision was made by some smart PR folks of his and not him. Not that I put all of this blame on a 21 yr old kid after being disappointed and humiliated on National TV.... that must've truly sucked.

Yeah but the potential damage has already been done for him. I'll bet that he isn't the next QB to go, and his antics about going home might have a lot to do with it. HC's have enough things to worry about, and babysitting a 21 year old QB isn't on top of their things to do list.

Lacked of courage to go back and show that the teams that did not draft him will regret it. He might have the physical skills but his pouting is not mature. His agent should hav ebeen honest with him. If he makes it past the Bills, chances are you will not go in the first round. I wish this young man well but he needs to toughen up or he will become another Akili Smith.

Good for him, but I'll guarantee the decision was made by some smart PR folks of his and not him. Not that I put all of this blame on a 21 yr old kid after being disappointed and humiliated on National TV.... that must've truly sucked.

I'm betting someone told him they're taking him early in the 2nd. Maybe the Jags?

Geno Smith has to realize that Matt Barkley, Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, also weren't drafted. He has to realize that Ryan Nassib's former coach just drafted a different QB.

Geno's showing a complete lack of perspective.

A truly mature and together guy would have said something along the lines of

"I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in not being drafted. It would have been an honor to be the first QB taken or to have been a first round draft pick but things happen for a reason.

EJ was drafted and I congratulate him. I'm standing here with a bunch of other great quarterbacks who haven't been drafted yet either so we all have to accept that and make the best of the situation.

I know guys like Aaron Rodgers and Brady Quinn have been through this so it's not all about me. Tomorrow my dream of becoming an NFL player will come true and I know this will work out for the best."

The kid needs to hire you as his PR agent. :)

The NFL draft is not a sporting event. It's reality TV for dudes. Watching the disappointment on players faces as they are not picked is just as much a part of the TV show as Mel Kiper's hair and Todd McShay's incorrect analysis. They invite enough players so that they get that "entertainment."

Exactly. Just like American Idol and the 15 shows like it are merely televised job interviews. People watch to see contestants sweat and fail.

A few months back there was a thread titled "Geno Smith Skips Senior Bowl" or something along those lines. The vast majority of posters here were of the mindset that he was smart to skip it as he was a sure fire top 10 pick (or first round at the very least). To that I responded that if you really take a look at his numbers and especially how he played against the tougher competition that he was at best a 50/50 shot to go in the first round and he should play in the game to improve his draft status. I was laughed at, told I was out of my mind, called delusional, and all the other classy things some posters say. Well, EJ played in the senior bowl and by all accounts looked fantastic, rose up the charts and became the only QB drafted in the first round. Geno didn't go and, well, we all saw those awkward shots of him in the Green room. Unless you're a Luck type prospect, you should be in the Senior Bowl when invited.

easy here. Your bound to get tipped by people saying "only a team as clueless as the Bills would take EJ in the first round" similar to what Kirt Warner and all the other so called "experts" keep saying.

It seemed almost perverse how the ESPN director focused so much attention on him. Made me think of a kid with a magnifying glass and an ant hill on a sunny day...

Was I the only one that thought of Thurman while that was happening? Let's hope geno doesn't wear the chip on his shoulder as well as TT did.