Geno Smith goes home <edit> will attend day 2

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He was probably counting on a huge payday soon, but was realizing that he won't be handed millions of dollars right away.

well, if he thought he had a shot at 3, 6, 7 or 8.... going day 2 is him losing millions, and a whole lot of pride all with a camera in his face. i cant blame quinn, rodgers or geno for any of the shots shown of them during a slide.

I must have totally missed the point as to why he would be at the draft today.

It's not like he walked out after pick 5.

Why would/should he be there today? It's Friday, he ain't got no job, and he ain't got **** to do.

Edited by Joe Miner

I must have totally missed the point as to why he would be at the draft today.

It's not like he walked out after pick 5.

Why would/should he be there today? It's Friday, he ain't got no job, and he ain't got **** to do.

Call me crazy, but if you ain't got no job, doesn't it make sense to go to the place you know is hiring that day?

Call me crazy, but if you ain't got no job, doesn't it make sense to go to the place you know is hiring that day?

It's not like there's 60-some other kids sitting in there with him for rounds 2 and 3. But those other 60 kids are gonna get jobs.

I have a hard time believing that teams are actively moving Geno Smith around on their boards based on the number of frowny faces ESPN shows him having.

I just see sitting in the greenroom of the NFL draft as a 1 day event. He came, he saw, he wasn't picked. Big deal, move on and play for the team that does pick you.

This whole thing just seems to be a mountain out of a molehill to me. It's an attempt to try to justify why something didn't happen that (most) everyone expected to happen.

1) Geno doesn't show up for day 2 of the draft

2) Geno must have a character flaw because of 1

3) Geno didn't get drafted in round 1 like everyone thought because of 2

4) Geno obviously didn't get drafted in round 1 because of this character flaw that is proven by 1

It just doesn't work like that.

He may be a whiny B word for all I know, but his draft decision has nothing to do with him falling into the second round, and isn't necessarily even rooted with him being a whiny B word.

Im so happy that the Bills know what they are doing! Actions like Geno's this morning don't tell us a ton but I think they tell us something.

Personality traits are what define a leader. Geno has the skills and EJ has the skills. Both claim to be leaders.

Geno goes to the draft expected to be selected in the first round, is not, and leaves with his head hanging.

EJ goes to the draft knowing that there is a damn good chance he won't be drafted. EJ saw a slim chance to experience something great, went for it, and succeeded. If EJ didn't get drafted on Thursday he was leaving with his head high no matter what.

Who would you rather have as your leader?

It's not like there's 60-some other kids sitting in there with him for rounds 2 and 3. But those other 60 kids are gonna get jobs.

I have a hard time believing that teams are actively moving Geno Smith around on their boards based on the number of frowny faces ESPN shows him having.

I just see sitting in the greenroom of the NFL draft as a 1 day event. He came, he saw, he wasn't picked. Big deal, move on and play for the team that does pick you.

This whole thing just seems to be a mountain out of a molehill to me. It's an attempt to try to justify why something didn't happen that (most) everyone expected to happen.

4) Geno obviously didn't get drafted in round 1 because of this character flaw that is proven by 1

He may be a whiny B word for all I know, but his draft decision has nothing to do with him falling into the second round, and isn't necessarily even rooted with him being a whiny B word.

Of course it doesn't. But his actions do reflect his character. Plus, I was just joshin' with that reply.

He's a Whitney B%#^H and he's showing his stripes. I posted this in the Manuel thread also. So happy we Didnt waste a draft pick on this scrub. The next Vince Young. Only not as gifted and not as safe of a bet.

Was hoping he'd grow up and grow a pair. I Highly doubt he'll take adversity well in the NFL. I see him teamless in 2 seasons if he keeps it up...

I agree, it's not going to affect his draft stock. The media just want's a story, that's why we hear Manti Teo and Geno Smith's name every single time a team is about to be picked. Sometimes I just want to mute the fakcing tv, but other times they have something interesting to say...

well, if he thought he had a shot at 3, 6, 7 or 8.... going day 2 is him losing millions, and a whole lot of pride all with a camera in his face. i cant blame quinn, rodgers or geno for any of the shots shown of them during a slide.

Yeah. There is more to it than just embarrassment. He may have been counting his chickens before they are hatched. He obviously had plenty of people telling him he was going to go high in the draft. He went from "potentially set for life, relatives that need to be cared for are gonna be fine, family bolstered. I'M IN!" to "nice payday, but I'm gonna have to work real hard to get to the big dollars". Not that it isn't plenty fair, but I'm sure it's a big jolt, even worse than any embarrassment.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Yeah. There is more to it than just embarrassment. He may have been counting his chickens before they are hatched. He obviously had plenty of people telling him he was going to go high in the draft. He went from "potentially set for life, relatives that need to be cared for are gonna be fine, family bolstered. I'M IN!" to "nice payday, but I'm gonna have to work real hard to get to the big dollars". Not that that isn't plenty fair, but I'm sure it's a big jolt, even worse, than any embarrassment.

It was also his mother's birthday too.

But seriously, bashing a 22 year old who had one of the most disappointing days of his life in front of millions is the definition of maturity.

It was also his mother's birthday too.

I know. He's got his entire family with him and they had no plans to stay in NYC after The Draft. They had plane tickets and were planning on heading back home to celebrate. Instead they had to scramble a bit to extend their stay at the hotel and change their plane tickets. That's a lot of crap to deal with on top of the disappointment.

Glad they changed their plans and I hope the JESTS pick him.

And I hope he's a bust. (only if the JESTS pick him)

Edited by Nanker