Bills fear Jets will take Ryan Nassib

bobcat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the Jets actually are interested. Having Nassib would also give them someone who is knowledgeable of Marrone/Hackett offense. The funny thing is it is not the Bills who are spooked, it's the Jets that are spooked by the Bills.

I'm not buying any of this.

GO BILLS!!!

Nor am I. I surely don't think the Jets are taking a QB in the first round although anything is possible.

The only element of this that makes sense to me is if the Bills cannot trade up, AND Nassib is not gone in the first round. The Jets third pick is #39, two spots ahead of the Bills. That is when they could take Nassib and screw the Bills plans.

Of course, this scenario was always the case. But the fact that the Jets now have two #1 picks, and played the season last year without Revis (the position they just lost a guy at to get the extra pick), makes the chances of them taking a QB in the second round a little higher.

Whatever. I'm fine with Nassib or Barkley at #8. Stop overthinking this...just take a QB at #8 and move on.

im with this as well. I like other guys more at that spot personally but if they know their franchise guy is there at 8 then just pick him at 8 and don't play games. There's always a possibility that anyone won't be there. You take what you can. When you can.

. . . or maybe, that is what the Bills want others to think.

At this time of year, who knows what teams really think about particular players. I read the same article a moment ago. It could very well be that the Jets like Nassib. Nassib even said last week that the Jets interest in him seemed to be higher than the Bills. The Jets also have that Sanchez contract to deal with.

Whatever. I'm fine with Nassib or Barkley at #8. Stop overthinking this...just take a QB at #8 and move on.

Exactly.

With the rookie cap teams are no longer handcuffed to their 1st round picks.

If Nassib or Barkley doesnt show them what they are looking for this season then draft another QB in round 1 next year and have either nassib or Barkley as the back up next year.

CBF

That makes sense as long as the Bills have a conviction about one or the other. If they do not (I do not), I really hope that they do not waste the 8th pick in the draft just so people on this board, WGR, and Jerry Sullivan can say that the Bills drafted a QB with the 8th pick in the draft.

. . . or maybe, that is what the Bills want others to think.

At this time of year, who knows what teams really think about particular players. I read the same article a moment ago. It could very well be that the Jets like Nassib. Nassib even said last week that the Jets interest in him seemed to be higher than the Bills. The Jets also have that Sanchez contract to deal with.

I am in 100% agreement with you on this. I think the Bills are smokescreening. I know its not in their nature and they haven't dont it a lot in the past, but I think them throwing out this much love for Nassib makes me think its false. Everyone, this whole time has thought Nassib to Bills, Bills to Nassib. Wouldn't it make sense that if we really wanted Barkley more after a trade down that we would make people think we would want a different QB than the one we really want. It would make it less likely that another team tries to jump ahead of us for say Barkley