Bills fear Jets will take Ryan Nassib

bobcat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Took the possibility of Jones being a Bills QB directly to the biggest Sooner fan I know (no, seriously, the guy is 6'7") (he's also from Tulsa and follows OU religiously, message boards and all):

Oh, no. This is bad. Very bad. Unless the Bills are looking for an aspiring youth pastor who throws a beautiful 50-yard fade during warmups.(Hope he proves me wrong. He has a nice arm, but I think he's too immobile to do much in the pros.)

Look Jones wouldn't shock me if he pulled out of the draft tomorrow. This kid hasn't really been into football for two years now. Would rather be a minister, stayed in school last year because his fiance hadn't graduated blah blah blah. I want no part of the kid. I want a football player who loves football, eats and sleeps it at the QB position.

The closer we get I agree with you. I think the Nassib to Bills thing has been something the Bills have been playing the media and teams on for months. I don't think they plan on taking him at all.

I'll go even farther than that! They're NOT taking Nassib in the 2nd round either! Nor are they taking a QB at No.8. Folks, even our inept front office knows enough not to telegraph your pick (or even the position you are commited to picking)! It is and has always been pure smokescreen. If you want to (try to) make sure that a player is still on the board and that another team doesn't leapfrog you, you show NO interest in that player whatsoever. Because if you, then people KNOW they have to jump you to get him. They have their sights on somebody in the top group and are playing possum. My guess is that it is Lane Johnson. He is a top 10 talent for sure and some say he has the highest ceiling/potential. The first two OTs will come off the board quick. That leaves one more elite OT that can and should "fall" to them - barring a last minute trade by someone looking to move up and pay a big price to get him. You try to prevent that by downplaying your interest and/or showing no interest at all. You further that goal by "convincing" everyone you're going to do X (draft a QB or whatever). It puts teams below you at ease. The Bill front office must be laughing the asses off about the Nassib talk.

Look Jones wouldn't shock me if he pulled out of the draft tomorrow. This kid hasn't really been into football for two years now. Would rather be a minister, stayed in school last year because his fiance hadn't graduated blah blah blah. I want no part of the kid. I want a football player who loves football, eats and sleeps it at the QB position.

Never take an overly religious kid. Punch Imlach said he should have traded Jim Schoenfeld the moment that Jim found religion and did not want to fight anymore. Imlach should have traded him.

Never take an overly religious kid. Punch Imlach said he should have traded Jim Schoenfeld the moment that Jim found religion and did not want to fight anymore. Imlach should have traded him.

Agreed...I mean, look how poorly it's worked out for Green Bay:

http://hollowverse.com/aaron-rodgers/

/sarcasm

Edited by thebandit27

I'll go even farther than that! They're NOT taking Nassib in the 2nd round either! Nor are they taking a QB at No.8. Folks, even our inept front office knows enough not to telegraph your pick (or even the position you are commited to picking)! It is and has always been pure smokescreen. If you want to (try to) make sure that a player is still on the board and that another team doesn't leapfrog you, you show NO interest in that player whatsoever. Because if you, then people KNOW they have to jump you to get him. They have their sights on somebody in the top group and are playing possum. My guess is that it is Lane Johnson. He is a top 10 talent for sure and some say he has the highest ceiling/potential. The first two OTs will come off the board quick. That leaves one more elite OT that can and should "fall" to them - barring a last minute trade by someone looking to move up and pay a big price to get him. You try to prevent that by downplaying your interest and/or showing no interest at all. You further that goal by "convincing" everyone you're going to do X (draft a QB or whatever). It puts teams below you at ease. The Bill front office must be laughing the asses off about the Nassib talk.

except for the fact that this front office has always been very open about what player or position they are looking at - and have not been in the business of smoke screening - however, what you post makes sense for MOST NFL teams, just not ours (if past performance is a true indicator)

except for the fact that this front office has always been very open about what player or position they are looking at - and have not been in the business of smoke screening - however, what you post makes sense for MOST NFL teams, just not ours (if past performance is a true indicator)

I don't know. Buddy played his Cordy Glenn hand pretty well last year.

Maybe an old dog can learn new tricks...

I wish I wasn't so sure about it believe me. Look at my avatar lol.

However, that being said, I didn't need my post fixed but thank you anyway.

I suppose that all depends on how accurate you want to be. You aren't sure. You may believe it, have a hunch, or suspect it, but you aren't sure, because it hasn't happened yet and may not.

I wish people on this board understood that their opinions do not equal facts.

Me either K-9. It's very similar to the rumors that the Bills were worried that Denver would leap ahead of them and grab Tim Tebow, which turned out to be false.

Um the Broncos did leap ahead of the Bills to draft Tebow.

I suppose that all depends on how accurate you want to be. You aren't sure. You may believe it, have a hunch, or suspect it, but you aren't sure, because it hasn't happened yet and may not.

I wish people on this board understood that their opinions do not equal facts.

I am sorry if I tried to pass off what I was saying as fact. I never said I had a source or that I am writing that I have inside information... 90% of what I say is opinion based and the other 10% would have a link or something to back up what i was saying.

Thus, by saying i am sure Nassib is the pick is opinion not fact,

In the same regard it doesn't take a whole day to recognize sunshine. The paralleles are there for Buffalo and Nassib and we are the only team being linked to Nassib. Much like the Dolphins were the only team really linked to Tannehill.