Bills fear Jets will take Ryan Nassib

bobcat

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in 100% agreement with you on this. I think the Bills are smokescreening. I know its not in their nature and they haven't dont it a lot in the past, but I think them throwing out this much love for Nassib makes me think its false. Everyone, this whole time has thought Nassib to Bills, Bills to Nassib. Wouldn't it make sense that if we really wanted Barkley more after a trade down that we would make people think we would want a different QB than the one we really want. It would make it less likely that another team tries to jump ahead of us for say Barkley

The closer we get I agree with you. I think the Nassib to Bills thing has been something the Bills have been playing the media and teams on for months. I don't think they plan on taking him at all.

We took JP Losman at 22 in the first in 2004 because they had a chubby for some reason over him. I don't really think that this Nassib kid is any more than Losman reincarnate. That being said I've been on record stating we should take 2 QB's this draft and subsequent drafts with equally poor depth at QB until we land the right guy. I hate QB "competitions" but when there are no Lucks or RG3s in the draft this year it's best to go into the mix with the most at the position to evaluate.

The closer we get I agree with you. I think the Nassib to Bills thing has been something the Bills have been playing the media and teams on for months. I don't think they plan on taking him at all.

Except the Bills have been publicly gushing over Barkley more than Nassib recently. Even Marrone said he didn't even interview Nassib at the senior bowl and draft combine. Marrone said he knows how Nassib thinks and what he can do...no reason for him to "fake" interview him. Yet he gushes over Barkley when asked about him. So maybe the Buffalo Bills organization has actually downplayed Nassib, while the media and fans have hyped up the speculation. So i think the more our coach raves about Barkley, the more they are taking Nassib at #8, but I'd be fine with either guy.

We took JP Losman at 22 in the first in 2004 because they had a chubby for some reason over him. I don't really think that this Nassib kid is any more than Losman reincarnate. That being said I've been on record stating we should take 2 QB's this draft and subsequent drafts with equally poor depth at QB until we land the right guy. I hate QB "competitions" but when there are no Lucks or RG3s in the draft this year it's best to go into the mix with the most at the position to evaluate.

He's smarter than Losman (yeah, I know) but with a much weaker arm. Sam Wyche was enanored with him when they went to Eli's pro day. Losman was there, too. Wyche convinced everyone he could make a good QB out of him. At least that's the story I remember.

GO BILLS!!!

The media is also reporting that both the Bills and Jets are trying to trade down. Apparently neither club is all that enamored with Nassib after all. Or maybe the football media just doesn't actually know what NFL teams are up to.

This^^^^

I keep thinking the Bills want to trade down, gain 2 extra picks. Then they can trade back up just ahead of the Jets in 2nd round and get their QB.

From the comments section:

'Bills getting Jets to blow a high round pick on Nassib, while plotting to grab Landry Jones with their 3rd rounder… strengthen your own team while helping trash a division rival ~ beautifully played, Buffalo'

This would be great, IMO. From what I've seen, Jones would be a better choice. I hope the Bills don't draft Nassib.

'Bills getting Jets to blow a high round pick on Nassib, while plotting to grab Landry Jones with their 3rd rounder… strengthen your own team while helping trash a division rival ~ beautifully played, Buffalo'

Tis would be great, IMO. From what I've seen, Jones would be a better choice. I hope the Bills don't draft Nassib.

If you guys have a chance, watch the Gruden QB Camp with Landry Jones. Some of us forget just how highly rated he was just a few years ago. The guys certainly has a lot of talent, but will need some seasoning at the NFL level. Unless the Bills have a conviction about one of the other guys, Kevin Kolb gives them the ability to wait to draft someone like Landry Jones later in the draft - wherever that might be.

This would be great, IMO. From what I've seen, Jones would be a better choice. I hope the Bills don't draft Nassib.

If you guys have a chance, watch the Gruden QB Camp with Landry Jones. Some of us forget just how highly rated he was just a few years ago. The guys certainly has a lot of talent, but will need some seasoning at the NFL level. Unless the Bills have a conviction about one of the other guys, Kevin Kolb gives them the ability to wait to draft someone like Landry Jones later in the draft - wherever that might be.

Took the possibility of Jones being a Bills QB directly to the biggest Sooner fan I know (no, seriously, the guy is 6'7") (he's also from Tulsa and follows OU religiously, message boards and all):

Oh, no. This is bad. Very bad. Unless the Bills are looking for an aspiring youth pastor who throws a beautiful 50-yard fade during warmups. (Hope he proves me wrong. He has a nice arm, but I think he's too immobile to do much in the pros.)