Would you trade a 3rd for Kenny Britt?

hes an awful person, but for a 3rd, given our need at wr i wouldnt hate it.

whats his contract status? i imagine hes in line for some real money real soon? essentially it would be a repeat of marshawn but at wr and a little bit more baggage.

Wow!! I think that I love it. He is a great talent and a complete idiot. That being said we have 1 guy to catch passes!! He was a first round pick just a couple of years back

agreed. really the only concern is he only has one year left on his deal.

i was surprised looking at his stats - i wouldve guessed much bigger numbers (i know, injury, qb drama etc...) but maybe the next contract would actually be reasonable (likely stevie range instead of harvin range)

So, somebody on the Internet said it?

The source: an article from a fan blog site entitled: "Trades We Want to See Happen During the 2013 NFL Draft"

yup. im not putting any weight in this one (still discuss the option but not assume the offer is out there), though it is possible that tennessee is shopping him currently, and we would be a natural fit with cap space and need.

Edited by NoSaint

Lol, not a chance the Titans accept that.

Interesting you say that, because I was thinking that there isn't a team in the world that would give up a 3rd round pick for a guy with a history of injuries that's one mis-step away from a lengthy suspension.

Guess we view his value differently.

Interesting you say that, because I was thinking that there isn't a team in the world that would give up a 3rd round pick for a guy with a history of injuries that's one mis-step away from a lengthy suspension.

It's not so much Britt's value.

He's a low cap hit for another year. Despite his troubles, most think that Britt is a great talent. If he breaks out, you can resign him. If he doesn't, whatever. You don't trade away a 1st round pick for a mid-rounder unless you absolutely have to, or a Bills RB.

A 3rd round pick for a nutjob with an injury history?...And the Niners gave up what for Bolden?

No way any team would give a 3rd Round pick for Britt...Unless they were completely stupid...

For a 3rd Round pick I would pass, pass, pass...I would not give up anything more than a conditional late Round pick for Britt...Great talent, tons of very serious concerns... B-)

And the fact that he's got one year left on his deal. We aren't going to be in a good position next season if we have to resign him too. I'd almost be happier keeping our 3rd and drafting a WR in rd 2 that will be locked up for cheap for the next few years. His injuries and history are major red flags. Major talent and I wouldn't be upset if we acquired him, but its a major risk IMO, especially considering the good talent that will available in rd 3 this year.

A 3rd round pick for a nutjob with an injury history?...And the Niners gave up what for Bolden?

you would be upping the ante over boldin as bolding has a fast approaching expiration date. britt has the possibility to perform for years at a high level that would justify a much higher pick than a 3 (or flop completely, get suspended and end up in jail before he even plays a snap for you, hence the discount)

His argument is pretty solid. Seems legit. "But consider that both quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick and safety George Wilson—released by the Bills this offseason—each signed with the Titans. And steady guard Andy Levitre took the free-agency route to Nashville in March.

So now it’s time to return the favor."

Major talent, was off to a great start before tearing his ACL a couple years ago. Hasn't quite gotten back to that form. wouldn't give a third for him. fourth tops. he's an injury prone police magnet who hasn't put together a full season yet.

Kenny-Britt.jpg

Is it me, or does this photo look unnatural. His neck would make Merton Hanks' neck look short! Look the distance between his shoulder and the top of his head. It's about 3 feet.