Correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills need to take a RB pretty high.

PIZ

Can Spiller carry the load for the season? Unlikely.

Can Fred Jackson stay healthy? Is he back 100%?

I would like to see Lattimore picked in the 4th or 5th round if available.

With a questionable passing game, I would think the run is going to be relied on pretty heavily. Can they really go into the season with Choice as the lead backup?

With all the other needs we have on both sides of the ball, cans e really afford to draft a RB this year?

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would think somebody would have to seriously fall into their lap to use a highish pick at rb

but they probably do need to see if they can get lucky with a udfa or two. freddie is going to hit the wall harder than amanda bynes is crazy and we all know choice is solid but limited. it would be nice if they had somebody to groom, but its not high enough a priority to burn a decent pick on

God I miss those Amanda Bynes analogies....LOL, LOL

(I know you were waiting for laughs) :)

OK. Maybe not 'high', but I am not comfortable with only CJ and Fred at RB. Choice is nowhere near their level. They will be running the ball more this season. Just worries me quite a bit.

Also, I said "pretty high".

Are you comfortable with the other glaring holes in this team that they can draft a position where they have two capable starters?

Or at all.. Rbs are a dime a dozen. Ask mike Shanahan.

Ask anyone. Look at the first round RBs taken this decade. Now tell me how many have been to a Super Bowl. It's the most overrated position in the game; as good as CJ is, he won't win us a Super Bowl without a QB.

If there is a nice prospect in the 4th round, that is highly ranked, I would take him. At that point in the draft without a doubt, they should be taking the best player available. I doubt FJ has more than another season in him, and having a nice RB prospect (especially one with a style complimentary to Spiller's) would be much better than another back up safety, or back up linebacker.

I have to respectably disagree with the OP about drafting a RB this year and only because we have too few draft picks (only 6) available to us this year. Also in the last several years the RB position has been diminished due to more and more teams going to a RBBC backfield and that more than valid talent can be had in free agency, maybe not premiere starters but a good, solid compliment and/or back-up. Case in point, if I'm not mistaken, I don't think that in all the mock drafts out there this year I can't remember seeing a RB projected in the 1st rd this year.

I will say that I do agree with the OP that we are not all set at the RB position as one would think. Fred is too old to pin too much stock in him. If he doesn't get injured this year I couldn't imagine him being too productive next year (2014). I believe that we do need to find his replacement sooner rather than later but just not in this draft. I wouldn't be too surprised that once the draft is over that we address it, whether it be a trade for a future draft pick or if there is a salary cap casualty that we take advantage of. In the case of a trade for one of our 2014 draft picks I would like to see Marrone utilize his New Orleans' connection and work out a deal/trade for back-up RB Chris Ivory. I like his skill set and believe that he would be a great compliment to CJ Spiller for years to come IMO.

With a questionable passing game, I would think the run is going to be relied on pretty heavily. Can they really go into the season with Choice as the lead backup?

Correction. You're wrong.

I personally agree I think Friday is all but done however they did sign choice so we should be good for another year or two. But if they could get the kid from Florida in the third or later round I'd be all for it in a heartbeat. With that said I have absolutely no idea where that kid is projected to go.

at least i think we can all agree we desperately need more amanda bynes jokes

I for one can always use more Amanda Bynes jokes...they are GREAT!!!

(That's my last compliment on your damn analogy)

Edited by BringBackFergy

I am correcting you because you are wrong, the Bills do not need to take a RB pretty high.

If I was forced to guess on Lattimore I would say that the 49ers take him in the 3rd round if he's still on the table.

yup

:edit:

maybe not. people are biting.

anyone that believes a RB that hasn't shown he can be an "every down back" (and this I don't necessarily believe but you can't argue the facts that it hasn't been shown) and an injury plagued 30+ RB is one of our strong positions (again, I don't think CJ should be considered but the truth is out there that we haven't seen him as the #1 for an entire season) need to rethink their football knowledge. Just saying.