Correct me if I am wrong, but the Bills need to take a RB pretty high.

PIZ

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taking running backs high are wasted picks. Build a great o-line and the running game will be there. Unless, of course, you really think guys like Terrell Davis, Mike Anderson, Olandis Gary and hell, even Fred Jackson are/were REALLY "just that good." Nope.

Can Spiller carry the load for the season? Unlikely.

Can Fred Jackson stay healthy? Is he back 100%?

I would like to see Lattimore picked in the 4th or 5th round if available.

With a questionable passing game, I would think the run is going to be relied on pretty heavily. Can they really go into the season with Choice as the lead backup?

I am here to correct you, you are wrong.

I'd question the words "need" and "high" but agree that if talent presents itself in the mid-late rounds we very much should jump on it

Lattimore has been mentioned on and off for months. I've heard the kid from stony brook mentioned with our team from several draft guys as a late round/UDFA depending on how workouts went. They look like they went well. Put up a big day against cuse and in those late rounds sometimes that's what decides between the 34th safety the 67th LB and 25th RB, simple familiarity

http://www.newsday.com/sports/college/stony-brook/miguel-maysonet-flashes-his-speed-at-stony-brook-s-pro-day-1.4871836

Edited by NoSaint

The Bills absolutely do not need to draft a running back this year. It is the least of their worries. The C.J./Fred duo is one of the best in the league and they have already re-signed Choice.

They certainly need to take one in the next 2 years. Or bring in a FA workhorse to replace Freddy. This will most likely be his last year as an effective player.

WRT the OP, I agree they will need to bring in another RB soon but 4th or 5th round is not high. If they could get Lattimore in the 5th it would be the steal of the draft. If they look to replace Freddy in 4th or later either this year or next, it would be a good move. No need to pick one any higher though.

They certainly need to take one in the next 2 years. Or bring in a FA workhorse to replace Freddy. This will most likely be his last year as an effective player.

WRT the OP, I agree they will need to bring in another RB soon but 4th or 5th round is not high. If they could get Lattimore in the 5th it would be the steal of the draft. If they look to replace Freddy in 4th or later either this year or next, it would be a good move. No need to pick one any higher though.

He said they need to take running back fairly high and I'm assuming he meant this year. Of course you have to replace Fred eventually, but a high pick this year? Absolutely not. It would be a complete waste of a pick.

Can Spiller carry the load for the season? Unlikely.

Can Fred Jackson stay healthy? Is he back 100%?

I would like to see Lattimore picked in the 4th or 5th round if available.

With a questionable passing game, I would think the run is going to be relied on pretty heavily. Can they really go into the season with Choice as the lead backup?

I'm correcting you your wrong.

We need to take the best available CB at 8 and then trade back into the first to grab our RB.

GO BILLS!!!

That, and that alone, will cause me to burn the JD Hill jersey and root for the Pack.

I think the draft is all about value - it's not the only place to fill needs; there's also FA and UDFA. So, if a guy like Lattimore were to fall to Buffalo in like the 5th round, I would not be opposed to taking a guy with a 2nd round grade with a 5th round pick, especially since many of Nix's later round draft picks have ended up not even making the team. As we've seen in the NFL, projected needs can change in a single season. Imagine if Spiller and Fred were both to suffer an injury in the same few weeks. Good teams don't draft strictly for need (San Fran comes to mind) - there's nothing wrong with having excellent depth, or for predicting needs a year or two down the line (which RB might be for Buffalo in a year or two), which is why I would not be opposed to drafting a guy with serious potential - just not too early.

He said they need to take running back fairly high and I'm assuming he meant this year. Of course you have to replace Fred eventually, but a high pick this year? Absolutely not. It would be a complete waste of a pick.

Yes, in the title he says pretty high, but in the post it's clarified as a 4th or 5th round pick. I could live with the idea of that, depending on who we get and who else was available of course.

i would think somebody would have to seriously fall into their lap to use a highish pick at rb

but they probably do need to see if they can get lucky with a udfa or two. freddie is going to hit the wall harder than amanda bynes is crazy and we all know choice is solid but limited. it would be nice if they had somebody to groom, but its not high enough a priority to burn a decent pick on

This ^

But i can see that we should keep our eyes peeled for gem.

I have more faith in Choice than most i fear.

we will add one just not in the draft. reasonable question