Some Nice Words From Coach Marrone

I really like our coach's attitude, and that he plays everything so close to the vest.

That said, I really don't like Tim Graham. His writing is sardonic, his twitter feed is pompous, and we all got a front row seat to his TBD hissy fit a few years ago. Guy is an ass.

Great words but we have heard that same stuff for 13 years. I would rather HEAR nothing from the staff and SEE winning football.

Mime's make incredibly poor coaches, trust me. I had to get a public speaking coach and the mime I hired was terrible at it.

It is great what he says, But at this point Nix and the entire football staff have failed miserably so far this free agency period.. This team has gotten much worse on paper since Marrone has arrived. I don't blame him but he has provided nothing as far as a plan to get this team to improve.

NFL sideline mime coaches. Are they the flavor of the week or the innovative change that propels us to superbowl dynasty mode?

Hmm...thinking about it, they'd be really good at helping players with form and they could teach them to communicate without speaking so noisy stadiums would have no effect. Imagine getting beat on a play then having a guy trash talk you via miming.

"I know what it's like to grow up in that state. I know what it's like to scrape the ice off your windshield. I know what it's like to wake up in the morning and go to work when it's cold. I know what it's like to have your team not do well." Doug Marrone

/\I like this

I really like our coach's attitude, and that he plays everything so close to the vest.

That said, I really don't like Tim Graham. His writing is sardonic, his twitter feed is pompous, and we all got a front row seat to his TBD hissy fit a few years ago. Guy is an ass.

Agreed. His sarcasm re. the Titans going to Superbowl with Bills' players was a semi-slap. Graham can kiss my butt.

It is great what he says, But at this point Nix and the entire football staff have failed miserably so far this free agency period.. This team has gotten much worse on paper since Marrone has arrived. I don't blame him but he has provided nothing as far as a plan to get this team to improve.

Yeah, he should come to the barber shop and we can all tell him how to build the team like they did in Hoosiers. He should tell us a lot more and give us more inside information. I mean c'mon, we post on TBD.

i still have a lot of respect for chan gailey, and i thought it was great when he said that.

And Dick Jauron was the classiest coach in a long time. Let's see the results on the field before we get fired up

And Dick Jauron was the classiest coach in a long time. Let's see the results on the field before we get fired up

yes he was, but i would much rather have a beer with chan. i would imagine his stories are much more interesting.

but, i get your point, there are a lot of great guys out there but it's time we got us some winners, dadgummit!

Look, I'm still going to be as skeptical as hell until I see a finished product that doesn't make me want to bang my head against the wall so hard the plaster shatters. That said...he gets it. He gets *it*. Every single one of us feels that 13 year drought in their bones and yet in spite of everything we *still* show up, we still care, we still lay out hearts out every year.

Maybe it won't be enough, but this is the most passion I've heard out of a Bills coach in...well, my last memory is Marv Levy shouting on the sideline. What does that tell you?

Look, I'm still going to be as skeptical as hell until I see a finished product that doesn't make me want to bang my head against the wall so hard the plaster shatters. That said...he gets it. He gets *it*. Every single one of us feels that 13 year drought in their bones and yet in spite of everything we *still* show up, we still care, we still lay out hearts out every year.

Maybe it won't be enough, but this is the most passion I've heard out of a Bills coach in...well, my last memory is Marv Levy shouting on the sideline. What does that tell you?

^ Professional Koolaid Drinker ^

Show me the effing BABY! and I will believe, until then, yeah talk is cheap.

Another coach who "gets it." Everyone said the same thing about Chan when he got here. Everyone got goose bumps from his comments that "when he walks on the field, he expects to win." People said the same thing about Mularkey, about Gregg Williams (funny, nobody said the same thing about Jauron.) Half of Bills fans are critical of their coaches... the other half are critical of those who are critical...

The other day, somebody posted a love post about Dick Jauron. Who cares that he didn't have a cut-throat win attitude? or that he would punt from deep inside the other team's territory while down by two scores with less than five minutes to go; he was a nice guy, and that's all that matters. Our new coach, it doesn't matter if he wins or loses, but he knows what it's like to shovel snow (everytime he is interviewed he says the same thing, "he's a NY guy;" this is PR stuff guys.) I lived in Syracuse for five years, just like Marrone; and in Buffalo for many more, I know snow, too; that doesn't mean Marrone gives me goose bumps; something is strange about human beings...

edit: and before i get bashed, let it be noted that i just bought an Andre Reed superbowl 25 jersey. so ********* in anticipation of not being proud to be a Bills fan...

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

Did anyone else get goosebumps when you were reading that?

Add me to that list.

I don't want to say what you are doing is wrong but I will say this. You are missing out. You are missing out on how fun it is to be optimisitic. It's genuinely a good feeling to hope and expect the best. It's less maddening and less upsetting. It's just all around less depressing. And if you were less grumpy over the Bills, you would be more happier too.

Edited by DukeyBomb

Look, I don't have a clue what our future holds with this coach or even this administration as far as that goes. Matter of fact this free agency that just opened up scrambled my brain even more but what I do like about this coach and administration sans Nix is that they are New Yorkers, they are us. Even Buddy had the Western New York/Buffalo Bill connection with the John Butler/A.J. Smith regime and while I felt that he was a big improvement from the previous GM(s) that he succeeded, he and Chan Gailey just aren't one of us as far as northern/New York mentality goes. I think that that type of thing does count and it can and will make a difference. What is even more important is that Marrone was a player before he got into coaching. That in itself is the most important attribute that he brings to the table. While I may be wrong, and I have been much more than I have been right, I believe that he is a no nonsense educator. He will demand the proper commitment from his players. There will be no lackadaisical attitudes, middle of the road efforts and players that are divas, not that we have any on the roster as of now but to know that we won't have any in the future either and I like that.......a lot!

Now, with all that being said It bothers me that decisions have been made, ala Donald Jones for example, and he hasn't even met these players yet according to that article. Furthermore it is no secret that we have plenty of holes to fill and our roster is precariously thin right across the board and we just about did nothing so far in free agency. I get it that we are a small market and that we shouldn't be getting into bidding wars or overpaying for players but although I am by no means an accountant it behooves me to see teams like the Dolphins be able to manipulate the salary cap while they accumulate some of the bigger names in free agency and still have a relatively low hit on their salary cap for the 2013 season. Granted, they may be mortgaging their future seasons after that, and I'm not even sure that they are, but for argument sake there has got to be some kind of concession that we could have made to be able to get more than just Manny Lawson. One name that comes to mind is TE Ben Watson. In hindsight I think that he would have been a great pick-up for us, especially with Chandler being a question mark and that we are, in addition, looking to bolster this position. If I'm not mistaken he was signed for very reasonable dollars. I'm not trying to be long winded but I'm sure that there's a few other names that I could come up with that didn't demand high dollars. So, my question is this, who is the one(s) that are making all these decisions for us? It doesn't sound like it's Marrone but if it is shouldn't he have at least met some of these players before we decided not to even tender them or before we just cut them loose?? Is it Nix? If so I'm very rapidly losing confidence and respect for him. ****, he can't even make a commitment to play a 4-3 or 3-4 defense! How many times did we go back and forth on this in the last 3 years??! I won't even get into that Fitzpatrick contract because that one still chafes my a$$. Is it Brandon? Golly, I sure hope not! I like him and I believe that he is definitely committed to turning this around and is trying his damnest to do so but he sure has been hoodwinked on the last several personnel changes that has been made in the front office the last few years and let's face it, he is not a football guy, he's a PR/number guy. I think that the best decision that he has made in quite some time is that he's willing to step aside and let his dept heads that he hired be the ones to make the important football decisions. Or is it a combination of a few of these guys making these decisions collectively? I sure would like to know. Who? Who? Who?