Dustin Keller a Dolphin

Another decent player the Bills could have used goes to the competition. While I agree they overpaid for Wallace, signing Keller is a great move. He is not Gronkowski or Gonzalez but few if any players are. He is a very solid dual threat TE.

Are we going to do anything with this cap space???

If Chandler does not recover from the Knee Injury, Keller would definitely be a better option.

If Chandler doesn't recover from his knee injury, I'D be a better option.

I guess my point was; why worry about the TE position when we have so many other more glaring needs?

What has Keller done, besides be big, to warrant any attention from a team that already has a serviceable TE?

Um he and Chandler (once recovered) would have made a very solid combo......and Keller is definitely a significant step up in the recieving threat department. So yeah, we are starting to look like a morgue front office.......

Analytics Dept. sees he had 2 or 3 TD's 4 years ago and 5 TD's in 2010 and 2011. Last year had 2 TD's. Granted he had a short season and Sanchise tossing him the ball, but is it possible our FO said "So what?"

Pettine may have some inside info as to why we did not woo him.

Keller is a very good tight end. His numbers would be better if not for Mark Sanchez. The Dolphins will challenge teh Patriots for the AFC East.

Yup. It looks they are putting together a "dream team" like the Eagles or the Albert Haynesworth Redskins. Signing lots of veteran free agents is a proven formula for the playoffs

Keller is a very good tight end. His numbers would be better if not for Mark Sanchez. The Dolphins will challenge teh Patriots for the AFC East.

I'm not buying the Fins as legitimate competition to the Pats. As much as I hate to say it the Pats seem poised to breeze to another division title.

according to people on this board the Fins have overpaid for the 3 FA they signed...but they have fewer holes now than before and we don't

Everyone knows you don't pay 7 or 8 M for a guard who will be a staple on your line for another 6 years...(sacasm)

So now we are farther behind...base on activity todate...4 - 12

Its a very deep draft class at TE my guess is we will take one in the 4th or 5th. I'm hoping we use some cap space on another LB (Justin Durant or Brad Jones) and a WR (DHB, Devery Henderson, Brandon Gibson)

Good point. The FO may like one of the TE's in the draft. And still be after LB and WR help in FA.

Analytics Dept. sees he had 2 or 3 TD's 4 years ago and 5 TD's in 2010 and 2011. Last year had 2 TD's. Granted he had a short season and Sanchise tossing him the ball, but is it possible our FO said "So what?"

Pettine may have some inside info as to why we did not woo him.

I wonder if Pettine has any inside information as to why the Bills are wooing No One

I wonder if Pettine has any inside information as to why the Bills are wooing No One

I think this whole analytics thing relies on "shadow figures" or "dating game" criteria...for instance, you look at stats, physical size, intellect, age and injury history and decide (without looking at who the player is per se). I suppose the idea is to not overpay for a player just for his name sake but to rely on a proven record. As much as people say Keller is a great TE (or Wallace as a WR, or countless others) do their analytical numbers mandate an offer at a given price range.

If that is how they are running this free agency process, I'm all for it. Show me players who have produced and produced consistently and I am all for the signing but don't waste money on a "name brand" alone.

Someone tell me why the Dolphins are signing vets to 1-year deals? They are not going deep into the playoffs. Ireland must be trying to save his job. This smacks of desperation.

Yeah. It's not like they have a shot at winning the SB this year.

Its a very deep draft class at TE my guess is we will take one in the 4th or 5th. I'm hoping we use some cap space on another LB (Justin Durant or Brad Jones) and a WR (DHB, Devery Henderson, Brandon Gibson)

It seems to me that a new coach wanting to put his stamp on a team would want to turn over a high percentage of the roster. I'm a bit surprised that the Bills haven't been more active.

As for the deep draft class, this team has to fill some needs in free agency because they only have 6 draft picks this year.

I am in the be patient camp myself. No sense being in cap Hell next year with Wood and Spiller soon to have to sign. But there is a voice in my head saying -- okay, it's day four -- step it up a little.......

I agree. I've been pretty patient but now you're seeing players going for small amounts and signing for 1-2 years.

Either the Bills are not being aggressive and/or Buffalo has officially become the Siberia of the NFL.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

How many draft picks do the Bills get? Need to draft a starting QB, OG/OT, WR, OLB, ILB, S and CB. Looks like they're going to need the best draft in history!

Edited by vincec

according to people on this board the Fins have overpaid for the 3 FA they signed...but they have fewer holes now than before and we don't

Everyone knows you don't pay 7 or 8 M for a guard who will be a staple on your line for another 6 years...(sacasm)

And they have a gaping hole at the LT position.

Someone tell me why the Dolphins are signing vets to 1-year deals? They are not going deep into the playoffs. Ireland must be trying to save his job. This smacks of desperation.

Why would you offer someone a multiyear if he's just average and came off a injury missing half the season? By the way they offered him 2 years but keller chose a 1 year deal. So yeah Edited by TheOldBill12

The Bills are the smartest organization in the NFL if you're to believe the majority of posters here. It's pretty amazing how much they give the Bills the benefit of the doubt despite the fact that the franchise has done nothing to earn it.

Someone tell me why the Dolphins are signing vets to 1-year deals?

Because there's basically no risk in it and these vets could help push them toward the playoffs. It's smart.

Edited by Barry Zuckerkorn

I'm not buying the Fins as legitimate competition to the Pats. As much as I hate to say it the Pats seem poised to breeze to another division title.

No Wes Welker and an aging Tom Brady. The Pats are in decline.