Robert Woods - WR - USC

D521646

From the NFL Combine blog

12:30

Bill Huber:

Woods said he sat in a room with about 10 Bills coaches drilling him on certain plays. In a meeting with the 49ers, it was "laid back" with Jim Harbaugh, who asked why he didn't play for Stanford. With Oakland, it was a lot of work on the board

Linky: http://profootball.s.../2/1268712.html

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Looked at his stats, and he caught 111 passes in 2011 and 76 last year. Impressive.

Tim-

Robert woods will be a very solid wr in the nfl...a true #1 who knows only time will tell..he has very good speed and hes a excellent route runner...definitely a upgrade at wr if the bills can pick him up at #41 no one on the bills roster is better then woods besides stevie but..sadly I see him droping into later part of the first round only...he will be a pro bowl type reciever in this league no doubt about it.....barkley at #8 and woods at #41 will be epicly awsomenesssss

Edited by Hotpockets28

Oh I would love it if we got this guy, he was looking like a first round pick after the 2011 season. He regressed statistically last year but I watch a lot of USC games and its really all because of Marqise Lee emerging as a superstar and SC's awful O-line that gave Barkley like two seconds to throw every dropback. He's currently listed as ESPN's 8th WR so if we get him in the third round I think that has the potential to be the steal of the draft, but I could definitely see someone taking him late 1st or before our 41st pick in the 2nd.

Edited by cosmo

Barkley had a unreal 2011 worthy top three pick in 2011...one year later due to a pathetic offensive line who could not keep barkley upright,for more then two seconds before getting destroyed barkley produces a so called ""downyear"" where he puts up 3,000+ yards 36 tds 15 ints and seems to be dropping out of the first round now....hmmmmmm Are you freaking kidding me wtf...would love barkley at #8...now for woods..i would love him at #41 very good speed not elite speed but still very good...what makes R woods a excellent prospect is his route running...he is excellent in that department I see woods as a perfect #2 wr Right now...and depending on his work ethic and how badly he wants it can easily be a number #1 Wr...6-1 190..good size..very good speed and a excellent route runner....#8 barkley #41 woods...woud be a wet dream....hahaha

Edited by Hotpockets28

...what makes R woods a excellent prospect is his route running...he is excellent in that department I see woods as a perfect #2 wr

Yes! He and Stevie (also a Cali kid) would make a great tandem and if Nelson can get back to what he was in 2011 suddenly we'd have quite an impressive WR lineup.

Yes! He and Stevie (also a Cali kid) would make a great tandem and if Nelson can get back to what he was in 2011 suddenly we'd have quite an impressive WR lineup.

totally agree...now the question is will he drop to #41 or will the bills trade up into the later part of the first round....seems there very interested in him by the way those 10 bills coaches were grillin him on plays... Qb Matt barkley at #8 and Robert woods either in a trade up or at #41 if he even drops that far seems veryyyyyyyyyyyyy goooooooood to me.....:D

Think Greg Jennings with better speed. As in frame size and ability. hes a definite home run hitter with great route running ability.

Barkley had a unreal 2011 worthy top three pick in 2011...one year later due to a pathetic offensive line who could not keep barkley upright,for more then two seconds before getting destroyed barkley produces a so called ""downyear"" where he puts up 3,000+ yards 36 tds 15 ints and seems to be dropping out of the first round now....hmmmmmm Are you freaking kidding me wtf...would love barkley at #8...now for woods..i would love him at #41 very good speed not elite speed but still very good...what makes R woods a excellent prospect is his route running...he is excellent in that department I see woods as a perfect #2 wr Right now...and depending on his work ethic and how badly he wants it can easily be a number #1 Wr...6-1 190..good size..very good speed and a excellent route runner....#8 barkley #41 woods...woud be a wet dream....hahaha

I agree, Barkley had arguably a better year than Luck last year had he come out it would have been hard for Washington to blow their load on RG3. His OL was horrific, USc has playmker after playmaker but Barkley was a sitting duck. He could make every thorw but the shoulder injury worries me.

It sounds to me that Harbaugh knew this kid from college and that's why he didn't ask many questions.

As for why we asked so many? Maybe that's the norm and SF and Oak look like a bunch of idiots. Maybe we were doubling our efforts with questions pertaining to his QB while at USC. Who knows, there's plenty of different scenarios out of this.

I'm not ready to throw in the towel on TJ Graham just yet. Indeed his rookie season was disappointing. I anticipate a significant improvement of TJ's play this year and for that reason, and that reason only I'd probably pass on this kid.

I'm thinking any new wide receiver we get needs to be a big physical kid. One that can get position, go up and make the big catch while getting mugged.

jb

Usc offensiveline was horric to watch...why did you think 75% of there passing plays were some sort of screen or hitch plays???? If it wasnt for those type of plays barkley wouldnt be standing right now hahaha poor kid got destroyed hit after hit after hit almost everytime ge had to take a 3 to 5 step dropback......barkley will be a pro bowl type QB in the nfl in the right offense....in a west coast offense....Exactly the offense Nathaniel hackett will be running...just to much sense not to draft barkley at #8 if he even makes it by cleveland let alone cardinals...which I highly doubt

Edited by Hotpockets28

Rd1 - Barkley

Rd2 - Barkley's college teammate - Woods

Would be interesting.

It would be. I'd be cool with it. Love this kids talent. He's not Marquise Lee, but he's dam good IMO.

Usc offensiveline was horric to watch...why did you think 75% of there passing plays were some sort of screen or hitch plays???? If it wasnt for those type of plays barkley wouldnt be standing right now hahaha poor kid got destroyed hit after hit after hit almost everytime ge had to take a 3 to 5 step dropback......barkley will be a pro bowl type QB in the nfl in the right offense....in a west coast offense....Exactly the offense Nathaniel hackett will be running...just to much sense not to draft barkley at #8 if he even makes it by cleveland let alone cardinals...which I highly doubt

I think he's the pick if he's available. I think geno will be gone. Too bad there's so many people on here that can't stand the thought of it because he's from California. It's ridiculous. Going into the season, he was the consensus #1 pick. Some thought he might be better than Luck (I'm not one of them). He goes into his senior season with high hopes that fizzed due to piss poor Oline play. If you didn't watch any USC games and don't think Barkley is good because of what some people are saying or by looking at his stat line, you should try and watch how bad the USC Oline was this year. They were horrid.

Edited by NewEra

It would be. I'd be cool with it. Love this kids talent. He's not Marquise Lee, but he's dam good IMO.

I think he's the pick if he's available. I think geno will be gone. Too bad there's so many people on here that can't stand the thought of it because he's from California. It's ridiculous. Going into the season, he was the consensus #1 pick. Some thought he might be better than Luck (I'm not one of them). He goes into his senior season with high hopes that fizzed due to piss poor Oline play. If you didn't watch any USC games and don't think Barkley is good because of what some people are saying or by looking at his stat line, you should try and watch how bad the USC Oline was this year. They were horrid.

its also the shoulder issues.

Matt barkley coming into the 2012 season was by far the best Qb in the nation and projected as a ""franchise prospect"" now due to USC godawful offensiveline and horrid type defense.hes no longer looked as a "franchise type Qb..they lose games they were projected to win and suddenly its all barkleys fault....good god I hate the media and scouts...saying barkley had a bad season is stupid...3,000+ yards 36 tds 15 ints is not a bad season..its not his fault he was getting smashed everytime he had to drop back...its not his fault he leads the offense to 30+ points but defense allows 40 and they lose the game...its not his fault he has a shoulder injury...i mean who the hell will be 100% after playing with a Oline like that? Barkley is by far the most polished and ready to start Qb in this draft...point blank period end of story whoever doesnt think so are clueless

Edited by Hotpockets28

Matt barkley coming into the 2012 season was by far the best Qb in the nation and projected as a ""franchise prospect"" now due to USC godawful offensiveline and horrid type defense.hes no longer looked as a "franchise type Qb..they lose games they were projected to win and suddenly its all barkleys fault....good god I hate the media and scouts...saying barkley had a bad season is stupid...3,000+ yards 36 tds 15 ints is not a bad season..its not his fault he was getting smashed everytime he had to drop back...its not his fault he leads the offense to 30+ points but defense allows 40 and they lose the game...its not his fault he has a shoulder injury...i mean who the hell will be 100% after playing with a Oline like that? Barkley is by far the most polished and ready to start Qb in this draft...point blank period end of story whoever doesnt think so are clueless

enough kid. You obviously watch a TON of USC. You might be Barkleys girlfriend which would justify your stroked eat with him. Again, you've managed to hijack a thread with Barkley talk when it was originally about a WR.

As far as "most polished" and "ready to start in the NFL" QB in the draft goes,any people said that about Sanchez, Palmer, Lienert, and Rob Johnson too. Yet all of these QBs (with the exception for Palmer but only barely) have been extremely dreadful and some of the biggest busts in draft history.

I'm not saying you won't be right. He might be better than the rest in this draft class, but for you to claim it like its a fact, is just ridiculous.

It sounds to me that Harbaugh knew this kid from college and that's why he didn't ask many questions.

As for why we asked so many? Maybe that's the norm and SF and Oak look like a bunch of idiots. Maybe we were doubling our efforts with questions pertaining to his QB while at USC. Who knows, there's plenty of different scenarios out of this.

I think we asked the right questions.

there have been articles for years about the problems of rookie wrs. They take too long to learn the playbook. They have to be smart. They have to read the defense, adjust routes, learn the audibles, etc.

If you're gonna draft a rookie wr, then draft the smartest one, other things roughly equal. It was Marv Levy who said of the draft, something along the lines of "other things being equal, take the smarter player, because he will get better faster."

Edited by maddenboy

From the NFL Combine blog

Linky: http://profootball.s.../2/1268712.html

Anyone know anything about this kid?

Looked at his stats, and he caught 111 passes in 2011 and 76 last year. Impressive.

Tim-

wish his teammate Marquis Lee was coming out, trust when he does he will be a top 5 pick.

Wasn't that impressed with Wood's kind of like his QB.

He's good but I don't see him as a #1 NFL WR. more of a #2 or #3. he's good after the catch, but unlike his cohort Marquis Lee, he's never really blown me away with his ability to consistently beat coverage on intermediate & deep routes

:thumbsup:

I agree, Barkley had arguably a better year than Luck last year had he come out it would have been hard for Washington to blow their load on RG3. His OL was horrific, USc has playmker after playmaker but Barkley was a sitting duck. He could make every thorw but the shoulder injury worries me.

Get friggin real :wallbash:

I wish he would have come out then we could have gotten Tannehill.

wish his teammate Marquis Lee was coming out, trust when he does he will be a top 5 pick.

Wasn't that impressed with Wood's kind of like his QB.

:thumbsup:

Get friggin real :wallbash:

Matt Barkley

2011 Southern California Pac-12 JR QB 308 446 69.1 3528 7.9 9.0 39 7 161.2

Andrew Luck

2011 Stanford Pac-12 SR QB 288 404 71.3 3517 8.7 9.4 37 10 169.7

While Luck is without a doubt a better QB than Barkley, 2011 was pretty dam close statistically. Not that stats, determine who's better, but he had a comparative year.

Barkley in 2011 was a BEAST......barkley will be a dammmm good QB in the pros whoever doesnt think so just because he is a ""USC" prospect or that he doesnt have enough arm strength for buffalo weather are clueless....has all the tools you need to be a very good qb...elite? Who knows only time will tell

Edited by Hotpockets28

Matt Barkley

Andrew Luck

While Luck is without a doubt a better QB than Barkley, 2011 was pretty dam close statistically. Not that stats, determine who's better, but he had a comparative year.

Thank you for the boost of common sense. I never said he was better or would be a better pro.

He would be the best WR on our team. He has much more speed than Stevie and he may be almost as good of a route runner. He is a 15-25th pick guy so it is unlikley he is on the Bills after the draft. Would love for him to be around at #41 but don't see it happnening unless there is some ridiculous run on overrated QB's in the first round like we saw in 2011.

Stay clear of any USC offensive player. Lendale White, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams, Matt Leinart, Carson Palmer, Mark Sanchez, Dwayne Jarrett, Steve Smith, how are ya'll doin?

He would be the best WR on our team. He has much more speed than Stevie and he may be almost as good of a route runner. He is a 15-25th pick guy so it is unlikley he is on the Bills after the draft. Would love for him to be around at #41 but don't see it happnening unless there is some ridiculous run on overrated QB's in the first round like we saw in 2011.

Most assinine comment. Stevie is one of the best route running WRs in the league. Woods hasn't shown jack squat in the NFL.

Matt Barkley

Andrew Luck

Brady Quinn

2006 Notre Dame Ind SR QB 289 467 61.9 3426 7.3 8.2 37 7 146.7

Andrew Luck

College stats don't mean squat.

Brady Quinn

2006 Notre Dame Ind SR QB 289 467 61.9 3426 7.3 8.2 37 7 146.7

Andrew Luck

College stats don't mean squat.

It was in reference to a statement saying 'get friggin real" regarding some people thinking Barkley had a better year than luck in 2011. I heard plenty of analysts say Barkley had a chance to win the heisman. He received 11 1st place votes. Some people did believe Barkley had a better year. He's nowhere near as good as luck IMO, but in 2011, he was dam close.