E.J. Manuel - QB - Florida State

PIZ

Geno, Nassib and Barkley... Barkley simply because there are some scouts who are absolutely convinced that he is the best quarterback in this year's draft. Not saying I agree with that, but the level of conviction from some of these guys, sorta swayed me.

Gotcha...funny year for QBs isn't it? I have a feeling beauty is really in the eye of the beholder this year.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

id agree with this. No matter what order. Like John said, he'd like Manuel, one reason would be that we run have the opportunity to draft someone else at 8, like Jordan, or Patterson and then Manuel in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd.

Ill defer to the pros. If they think Manuel is the guy in this draft, ill take it. But any of the others would be fine also.

Cue: WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THESE "PROS" WILL MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?????!!?!?!?!?!??!

If Geno Smith and Barkley are off the board at #8, I think Manuel in the 2nd round would be a great pick.

Personally, I would love to get a dominant OL in the 1st round (i.e., Eric Fisher/Lane Johnson/Warmack), EJ Manuel in the 2nd round, and maybe a WR in the 3rd round (Quinton Patton/Ryan Swope). Then go defense the rest of the way unless a good TE slides to the 4th.

I just don't think the Bills are interested in Barkley at all. The guy is slower than Nassib and just as unathletic. Marrone comes from the Saints where they had Drew Brees. I expect them to draft one of those type of players...

Smith or Manuel at #8

or Scott at #41

Don't yell at me, but I could definitely see a scenario where Smith is gone and the Bills aren't able to trade back in the 1st (in the hopes of targeting Manuel) in the range of #18-24. Just giving fair warning that Manuel could be drafted at #8. It will be a tough pill to swallow, but they are a very QB desperate team and can't just sit and hope no one picks Manuel before #41. What the Seahawks and Redskins did last year could have an effect on what the Bills do. They could be spooked enough not to fool around and pick the QB they want at #8 even if he's rated 20 spots lower.

Don't yell at me, but I could definitely see a scenario where Smith is gone and the Bills aren't able to trade back in the 1st (in the hopes of targeting Manuel) in the range of #18-24. Just giving fair warning that Manuel could be drafted at #8. It will be a tough pill to swallow, but they are a very QB desperate team and can't just sit and hope no one picks Manuel before #41. What the Seahawks and Redskins did last year could have an effect on what the Bills do. They could be spooked enough not to fool around and pick the QB they want at #8 even if he's rated 20 spots lower.

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be completely shocked or disappointed if they "reached" for Manuel at #8. After all, Mike Mayock (who I respect tremendously) has Manuel as his #2 QB prospect after Geno Smith. IMO...Manuel has the highest upside of any of the QB's in this draft, and would do well in Hackett's offense. Manuel would allow much more offensive versatility than Barkley or Nassib.

I do, however, think you are undervaluing Matt Barkley. Given time to throw the ball, IMO, he is one of the best pure passers in this draft. Four year starter who is familiar running a pro-style offense. I think he will be a top 10 pick.

Cue: WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THESE "PROS" WILL MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICE THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!?!?????!!?!?!?!?!??!

There hasn't been another "time" with these pros because they've completely ignored the position in the draft since Nix became GM.

If we can't get Geno, then I'd like to draft Manuel in the 2nd. I haven't seen Nassib play that much, just highlights here and there and then I watched him in the senior bowl, and he was unimpressive at best. To me it doesn't matter how familiar he is with Marrone and Hackett, remember a couple years ago when Pete Carroll drafted Earl Thomas instead of the guy he coached at USC, Taylor Mays? Sometimes it makes sense not to go with the guy who you are familiar with, Thomas has had a much better career so far. I'll go ahead and predict that Nassib will not have as good of a career as either Geno or E.J.

There hasn't been another "time" with these pros because they've completely ignored the position in the draft since Nix became GM.

Thanks?

If we can't get Geno, then I'd like to draft Manuel in the 2nd. I haven't seen Nassib play that much, just highlights here and there and then I watched him in the senior bowl, and he was unimpressive at best. To me it doesn't matter how familiar he is with Marrone and Hackett, remember a couple years ago when Pete Carroll drafted Earl Thomas instead of the guy he coached at USC, Taylor Mays? Sometimes it makes sense not to go with the guy who you are familiar with, Thomas has had a much better career so far. I'll go ahead and predict that Nassib will not have as good of a career as either Geno or E.J.

Manuel will NOT be there in the second. I will wager that right now.

I'd be "happy" with Manuel, Barkley, Geno, or Nassib (not necessarily in that order), but please stay away from Wilson and his baby hands.

You do know that Geno Smith's hands are nearly as small as Tyler Wilson's, right? (9.25" vs 8.5")

FWIW, I don't care much about the hand size issue. It is only one small thing to look at IMHO

Edited by OldTimer1960

HOW DARE YOU SIR!!!!!!!

I wouldn't be completely shocked or disappointed if they "reached" for Manuel at #8. After all, Mike Mayock (who I respect tremendously) has Manuel as his #2 QB prospect after Geno Smith. IMO...Manuel has the highest upside of any of the QB's in this draft, and would do well in Hackett's offense. Manuel would allow much more offensive versatility than Barkley or Nassib.

I do, however, think you are undervaluing Matt Barkley. Given time to throw the ball, IMO, he is one of the best pure passers in this draft. Four year starter who is familiar running a pro-style offense. I think he will be a top 10 pick.

LOL...I think we as fans might have unrealistic expectations at just how much "poker" the Bills are willing to play with the QB position and this draft. While it will really hurt badly not getting a Jordan, Ansah or Patterson, I have been a big fan of Manuel this whole draft season. It will suck drafting him that high, but that's the price you pay for ignoring this position and not drafting Kaepernick or Wilson these last two years. If Geno's gone and they go BPA at #8 then they're a team on the high wire without a net. If they "go there" and Manuel is gone before they pick again then I'm hoping and praying for Matt Scott at #41.

I just don't think the Bills are interested in Barkley at all. The guy is slower than Nassib and just as unathletic. Marrone comes from the Saints where they had Drew Brees. I expect them to draft one of those type of players...

Smith or Manuel at #8

or Scott at #41

I hope they do not wait until 41. If so, same story, different day. Shut out again.

i get the sarcasm here but no matter what, I'm deferring to Marrone here. If he thinks one of these QBs can be his guy, I'm perfectly fine with it. I know Nix is the GM and in the end makes all the calls, but with Marrone and staff, I'm going to assume that he's going to have some kind of say in it.

Manuel will NOT be there in the second. I will wager that right now.

No way will he make it to the 2nd round. And given the Bills waited to pull the trigger on guys before, if they think Manuel has it, they'll take him at 8. Ideally they can get him with a slight trade down a couple of spots.

You do know that Geno Smith's hands are nearly as small as Tyler Wilson's, right? (9.25" vs 8.5")

FWIW, I don't care much about the hand size issue. It is only one small thing to look at IMHO

Hand size is a factor when it comes to fumbling.