E.J. Manuel - QB - Florida State

PIZ

Dion Jordan is a difference maker at DE/OLB. He gives us the pressure rusher we need. I really think Manuel has IT. Get some help at LB, WR, and OL later or in FA. Those are the 2 rookies I want most.

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just an educated guess on my part, but I sincerely doubt you'll have to trade back into the first round for Manuel. He was looking like a 3rd round pick prior to the Senior Bowl, but there's a chance he's a 2nd rounder now.

Most likely 3rd at best on a few team's boards, although I'd suspect he's hovering around the 4th-6th rated QB on most boards.

This is just an educated guess on my part, but I sincerely doubt you'll have to trade back into the first round for Manuel. He was looking like a 3rd round pick prior to the Senior Bowl, but there's a chance he's a 2nd rounder now.

Most likely 3rd at best on a few team's boards, although I'd suspect he's hovering around the 4th-6th rated QB on most boards.

This. I'd say there is a decent chance Manuel is on the board when we select in the 3rd.

Why Jordan,over Mingo for example?

I like Mingo and Star L a lot as well, but I get the feeling Jordan is going to be an Aldon Smith type of player. Just got a good feeling about him. Really like Ansah as well. Any of those 4 would be good for me, as long as we get Manuel, who reminds me of McNair-Culpepper-Rothleisberger-Rivers.

I like Mingo and Star L a lot as well, but I get the feeling Jordan is going to be an Aldon Smith type of player. Just got a good feeling about him. Really like Ansah as well. Any of those 4 would be good for me, as long as we get Manuel, who reminds me of McNair-Culpepper-Rothleisberger-Rivers.

Cool,was wondering,I've got Ansah,Mingo,or Milliner as my favorites for pick 8 right now.

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't draft Manuel, but I would think the fear is the amount of teams in front of us in the 2nd round that need or could draft a QB if they haven't in the first round. There's the Jags, KC, Eagles, Cards, Jets, and Titans as possibilities.

i like dion jordan too but hes just not the type of player nix drafts. hes getting hurt quite a bit and is lways in and out of games. a little light too. not to mention he didnt play in the south and isnt a senior.

for those reasons i fear ej manuel and nix liking him. big, physical guy who was a senior and smart and won a lot in the south. ej was maddening to watch. he looks good for a short stretch then terrible for a longer stretch. he looks more like a project but if he can pan out he could be really god. but it always looked like he was a second late or 2 in his reads

I really don't think the Bills need a pass rushing OLB/DE nearly as much as they need a run-stuffing MLB/ILB who can also cover. Remember they still have Anderson hopefully coming back from injury, and Mario was rolling once he had his surgery,

As for EJ Manuel, I seriously doubt he lasts to the 3rd round after his Senior Bowl performance, and I'd be nervous about the 2nd with teams like the Jets, Chiefs, and Eagles all picking in front of the Bills.

The Bills are in a tough spot because so many teams in front of them on the draft board need QBs. With the tendency to often pick QBs higher than they rate, it's a risky move to hope one of those guys is there in the second round.

I'm not a big proponent of moving up into the first to grab someone risky (see: Losman), but if the Bills really like a second-round-type guy like EJ they may have to move up.

The Bills are in a tough spot because so many teams in front of them on the draft board need QBs. With the tendency to often pick QBs higher than they rate, it's a risky move to hope one of those guys is there in the second round.

I'm not a big proponent of moving up into the first to grab someone risky (see: Losman), but if the Bills really like a second-round-type guy like EJ they may have to move up.

this. The best option would be to try and trade back into the 1st if that's what they want to do.

Jarvis Jones, Woerner and Moore will all probably be gone by the time we pick. Decent chance that Mingo, Jordan and Ansah will be available. All three are impressive athletes, but I'd rather have Ansah and Mingo, in that order over Jordan.

The players I would like to see us pick at 8 would be Jarvis jones, star loutouiloui, bjorn Werner, demotee moore, Luke jockel, dee milliner, Alec ogletree, barkevious mingo or ezikiel ansah...that being said I think jones, jockel, mingo, Moore and Werner will probably be gone

GO BILLS!!!

Super Bowl or Bust

Rivers??

I'm not saying we should or shouldn't draft Manuel, but I would think the fear is the amount of teams in front of us in the 2nd round that need or could draft a QB if they haven't in the first round. There's the Jags, KC, Eagles, Cards, Jets, and Titans as possibilities.

Exactly. I'd be absolutely shocked if he's available when we pick. I think he has a higher ceiling than any QB in the draft. I don't think he makes it past Philly. Nick Foles isn't running chip Kelly's offense anytime soon. Manuel fits to a tee

Exactly.

it's because of the potential run on quarterbacks that i really think that the bills will have to identify the guy they like the most and grab him at 8. i would absolutely love a trade down/back up into the 1st, however you need willing partners and you also have to hope that no other team is trying to pull off the same thing. also, if you try to pull this of but the qb(s) that you like have all been taken, that leaves you with fitz, free agents or a trade. but...who knows what will happen?

I said he reminded me of Rivers just because to me he looks like him in the pocket....BIG. Dion Jordan reminds me of Aldon Smith and John Abraham. It would be great to have 2 top DEs rushing the passer. I don't think there is a MLB worthy of the number 8 spot. The top of the draft is loaded with pass rushers and we need them to compete with NE.

I don't care what others say about Manuel........I love the guy and think he is big enough and smart enough and talented enough for the Bills. We are going to be a running team, right?

I said he reminded me of Rivers just because to me he looks like him in the pocket....BIG. Dion Jordan reminds me of Aldon Smith and John Abraham. It would be great to have 2 top DEs rushing the passer. I don't think there is a MLB worthy of the number 8 spot. The top of the draft is loaded with pass rushers and we need them to compete with NE.

I don't care what others say about Manuel........I love the guy and think he is big enough and smart enough and talented enough for the Bills. We are going to be a running team, right?

love this man.