E.J. Manuel - QB - Florida State

PIZ

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EJ needs a dominate OL to give him time to check down and throw long. He had the arm but not the time at Florida.

Forget dominANT OL; he needed juat a halfway decent OL. In many of the games I saw, his OL was a sieve. No wonder they threw screens all the time. And their OL was supposed to be a strength.

I don't really see it as a smokescreen. I think they are just covering their bases. If Geno is off the board @ #8 then I look for us to possibly take Manuel or one of the other QB's in the 2nd. I'm sure they'll workout a couple more QB's as well.

just curious, what do they do during a pre-draft visit that they didn't do during a workout??.. I like that they are acknowledging the fact this draft has no clear cut rank in QB's and are doing everything they can to make sure they get a QB they can make this team better with...wonder how many more QB's they have in mind to bring in..I'm thinking T.Wilson, T. Bray, M. Barkley and maybe they bring in Nassib just to check up on him.....I could see Zac Dysert as-well.

Edited by Tsaikotic

just curious, what do they do during a pre-draft visit that they didn't do during a workout??..

I would like to know this too. If I had to guess, my guess would be that its more of a character assessment than a workout. A lot of interviewing and discussion about various schemes / systems and such. Probably a few patterns run and a few balls thrown too ? Of course I'm probably 100% wrong on all of this ! LOL !

jb

I would like to know this too. If I had to guess, my guess would be that its more of a character assessment than a workout. A lot of interviewing and discussion about various schemes / systems and such. Probably a few patterns run and a few balls thrown too ? Of course I'm probably 100% wrong on all of this ! LOL !

jb

yea I can see that...maybe on a workout visit it's like 80% physical workout, 10% doctors physical and 10% mental work-up...then on second visit 80% mental, 15% physical and 5% doctors check....makes sense...this way they don't get to crammed for time on each visit

I see a lot of people fighting over what QB they want

How about this.....just give me a QB who has an arm, is accurate, can read defenses, can throw a long ball without too much float, and doesnt wilt on a drive that can win us the game at the end.

That's like asking for a super hot woman who makes 1k, loves to cook and clean and favors an open relationship.

The Bills primary need, among many, is QB. I mean, is Tavares Jackson really going to be our starting QB?? I like the upside (MVP Senior Bowl), leadership, and personality of EJ... more than Gino! So, unless someone in the 10-15 range swaps picks with us, we wont get our man by waiting until the 2nd round. Move on E.J early and address the myriad of other needs after.