E.J. Manuel - QB - Florida State

PIZ

• Replies 462
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't think the Bills are interested in Barkley at all. The guy is slower than Nassib and just as unathletic. Marrone comes from the Saints where they had Drew Brees. I expect them to draft one of those type of players...

Smith or Manuel at #8

or Scott at #41

Don't yell at me, but I could definitely see a scenario where Smith is gone and the Bills aren't able to trade back in the 1st (in the hopes of targeting Manuel) in the range of #18-24. Just giving fair warning that Manuel could be drafted at #8. It will be a tough pill to swallow, but they are a very QB desperate team and can't just sit and hope no one picks Manuel before #41. What the Seahawks and Redskins did last year could have an effect on what the Bills do. They could be spooked enough not to fool around and pick the QB they want at #8 even if he's rated 20 spots lower.

I concur, Smith will be gone take Manuel at 8. Most important position on the team. If your guy is there toy take him.

I concur, Smith will be gone take Manuel at 8. Most important position on the team. If your guy is there toy take him.

You not toy, damn spell correct

I see a lot of people fighting over what QB they want

How about this.....just give me a QB who has an arm, is accurate, can read defenses, can throw a long ball without too much float, and doesnt wilt on a drive that can win us the game at the end.

Pettine is gonna have that defense in shape.....I really believe that....and whoever is at QB for the bills is gonna have opportunities at ends of games to win it.

Give me THAT guy...I dont care who it is.

I say grab Manuel at 8. Highest upside and he wins. He's bound to shoot up the boards near draft day and we can't risk getting cute and waiting for the second or moving up to late first. I just see the fodder that is there in the second if we don't take Manuel will be sure to set the franchise back another three years.

If Geno's gone and they go BPA at #8 then they're a team on the high wire without a net. If they "go there" and Manuel is gone before they pick again then I'm hoping and praying for Matt Scott at #41.

Very true. Buddy just said there are 2 QB's in this draft that will play for a long time, and I think it's highly unlikely that either one will be available at #41. So I believe they will almost certainly select a QB at #8.

I say grab Manuel at 8. Highest upside and he wins. He's bound to shoot up the boards near draft day and we can't risk getting cute and waiting for the second or moving up to late first. I just see the fodder that is there in the second if we don't take Manuel will be sure to set the franchise back another three years.

The way it's looking now, by the time The Bills Draft in the 2nd Round the QB's to choose from will be Tyler Wilson, Mike Glennon, Matt Scott, and Tyler Bray...I think there is a pretty decent chance Smith, Barkley, Manuel, and Nassib go in the 1st Round alone...If Smith and Barkley go in the Top 7 things could get crazy... :w00t:

So...If The Bills take Manuel at #8 because they simply don't believe they can move down and still get him, I'm OK with it...At least I understand...And a team that has almost zero talent at the QB position adds a big, strong-armed, super-athletic project...Then it's up to Marrone to do something with him... B-)

Ok. I have watched all the highlight footage of the top qb prospects. I am no expert and don't claim to be but i trust my eyes and they tell me that this kid Manuel is gonna be a good one. I like him more than the rest and feel like he has upside. strong enough arm to get it done and athletic. I would not be pissed if they took him at 8. If they feel like he's their guy who cares where they pick him.

I would not be pissed if they took him at 8. If they feel like he's their guy who cares where they pick him.

The same thing can be said for ANY QB at 8. I don't care if the one they want isn't projected until the 4th round. If he's your man, and you know he's your man, you take him when you are sure you can get him and there's a possibility he won't be there the next time your team is on the clock.

If Geno Smith and Barkley are off the board at #8, I think Manuel in the 2nd round would be a great pick.

Personally, I would love to get a dominant OL in the 1st round (i.e., Eric Fisher/Lane Johnson/Warmack), EJ Manuel in the 2nd round, and maybe a WR in the 3rd round (Quinton Patton/Ryan Swope). Then go defense the rest of the way unless a good TE slides to the 4th.

Like John said, he'd like Manuel, one reason would be that we run have the opportunity to draft someone else at 8, like Jordan, or Patterson and then Manuel in the 2nd or maybe even the 3rd.

I'd love Manuel at 41, after having drafted a WR or LB at 8.

As Doc and Chris Heff said, there's no way Manuel is available in the 2nd round.

Zero.