Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So who are the teams who felt theyre secondary held them back from winning it this year? Probably a good place to start looking for probable trading partners.

He'd be a great fit in Houston, Baltimore, Denver, SF, NYG, wash, Indy, NE, Pittsburgh. Who has room to sign him? I have no idea, but he's definitely worth the price if he helps win you a SB

He'd be a great fit in Houston, Baltimore, Denver, SF, NYG, wash, Indy, NE, Pittsburgh. Who has room to sign him? I have no idea, but he's definitely worth the price if he helps win you a SB

Worth the price? His price changes constantly. He wants to renegotiate his deal ever other year. He wanted to restructure his contract twice in 3 years and he only had a 4 year contract! Would you take him knowing the negotiating skills of our front office?

I think Mario will be worth the money, he did as much as he could've last year with the crap play calling that wanny had. You have to remember that for most of the 2nd half of games the bills had to try to stop the run more than the pass.

We have the Jets' defensive staff, with whom Revis has spent his entire career. If he is only going to cost a 2nd round pick, it would be crazy not to consider it. I worry about his knee a little bit, though. But man ... if his knee is good to go, I think he's worth a 2nd round pick. Especially in this draft.

He's a 1st round talent no doubt but the scenario looks like this: Give up first round pick which costs $2-3 million to sign the guy. Pay Revis $12 million. That's a $10 million swing. So you're almost talking about a 1st rounder plus $10m that could be spent on another player. That's basically a 1st rounder plus Mario for Revis. IMO that's not worth considering.

Listen up. If he doesn't come with a long term contract it's pointless. He's got a year left.

Even then it's still pointless since he has held out 3 times in his career. The last thing we need is to pay this guy a ton of cash only for him to hold out on us every other year for more.

And Didnt he come out and say he wants to retire a Jet? I know that means nothing but it sounds like he really loves that team. I wouldn't want his Jet loving ass near my team. The last thing we need is some cancer in the locker room spreading rumors about how the defensive coaches we have are products of Rex and so forth.

No thanks to Revis the Holdout

I would trade our 1st this year for him.

I have got to think the Jets are looking for a 1st round pick (and probably multiple picks).

Didn't Bailey go for multiple high picks plus Clinton Portis?

Revis is on the last year of his contract. Trading a #1 for a high-priced veteran player coming off an ACL injury for just one season is nuts.

First, I suspect the Jets are floating this idea as a negotiating tactic with Revis to re-up his contract while he's injured. This drives down his price and the Jets are the only ones that can negotiate with him at this point. If they know he wants to remain a Jet and if he's at all worried about his future performance coming off the injury, now is the time to negotiate with him.

Of course, the same holds true for any team that would trade for Revis. You'd have to make a contract extension part of the deal and that's a real risk for any team resigning him. I could see trading a #3 with a conditional upgrade to a #2 for him (if he makes a Pro Bowl or starts all 16 games or something). Trading the most economically valuable player on a team (1st rounder with the new salary slotting) for a guaranteed expensive player with injury performance risk is not the smart play, IMO.

Revis is on the last year of his contract. Trading a #1 for a high-priced veteran player coming off an ACL injury for just one season is nuts.

First, I suspect the Jets are floating this idea as a negotiating tactic with Revis to re-up his contract while he's injured. This drives down his price and the Jets are the only ones that can negotiate with him at this point. If they know he wants to remain a Jet and if he's at all worried about his future performance coming off the injury, now is the time to negotiate with him.

Of course, the same holds true for any team that would trade for Revis. You'd have to make a contract extension part of the deal and that's a real risk for any team resigning him. I could see trading a #3 with a conditional upgrade to a #2 for him (if he makes a Pro Bowl or starts all 16 games or something). Trading the most economically valuable player on a team (1st rounder with the new salary slotting) for a guaranteed expensive player with injury performance risk is not the smart play, IMO.

well said Bison

Not that they'd trade with us, but I'd give the Jest our first round pick in a heartbeat for Revis. Him and Gilmore on the corners would give Pettine a TON of options.

GO BILLS!!!

No way would i want to give the Jets a 1st round pick for a guy just coming off surgery! Not to mention it gives them 2 top 10 picks and probably costs us more than the 1st rounder plus uses valuable cap space with many other needs to fill

It depends on the money you have available. He is definitely 1st round talent, so worth a 1st round pick. Many here may not agree, but I think he is the best at his position in the league. It is all about having the money and cap available. We should at least try if we do. May not be possible, but at least give it a shot.

There is no disgrace is trying to succeed and failing, the disgrace is in not even trying.

Would I like to have him? Hell yes. It would immediately solve the CB problem and give us one of the best tandems in the NFL.

That said, do I expect it to happen? No.

1) Since it's a trade, the Jets would set the asking price much higher for a divisional foe. It would make more sense to find an offer out of division, or even the conference.

2) Unless his deal was restructured, there would be immediate problems with the cap, especially if we want to fix other positions. Add on the factor of his contract being up in a year and keeping him would be costly.

3) He doesn't want to leave NY. Sending him to Buffalo, where he would have to play with the team that he wants to be on twice a year does not bode well.

That said, maybe he would like the familiar face of Pettine (I really don't know) and having him be on any team other than one in our division is a plus.

If I would want to make the trade...well, what do we think is fair? The Jets are only one pick behind us, so they would likely love to pick 8 & 9. I would only be for it, if somehow we could trade back to late first round, where I would feel comfortable picking up a QB.