Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jabba the Ryan has inflated his ego a bit as well. Rex is a bad head coach for that exact reason. Guys like Holmes, Cromartie and Revis can say whatever they want, no control of the egos

I agree with you there. He's created an environment where players are borderline encouraged to speak thru and to the media.

That's not the point. I wouldn't want to be a teammate of a guy who acts like that. Its not what a leader and team player does. If its so obvious why say it anyway? He should be making everyone feel as if they're equally important out there , not like "hey I'm the best here, no matter how you or I play today. Its already determined I'm the man around here ."

Joe, I know you post an awful lot around here, but man, when you miss the boat you really miss it. Every player in the NFL knows it's an "every man for himself" league. If there were ANY indication Revis doesn't give his all in practice or during games you might have somewhat of a point, but the bottom line is none of his teammates give a crap about stuff like this. Thurman Thomas called himself the Michael Jordan of football in the early 90s and nobody thought twice about it.

. Every year, under contract or not, he holds out or threatens to do so. Now, he is still talking about how great he is, and he's coming off of major surgery. I feel no sympathy at all for Revis, and I love that the jets are wasting so much cap space on a disruptive, injured corner. It's great to see a divisional rival be so stupid.,

Waah. This greedy douchebag is threatening his third holdout and now wants to cry about the team looking to trade him. Unreal.

I agree. This guy is never happy with his contracts. Hew held out in 2010. HE got a new contract and then was promptly injured. He was obviously not in football shape.

In 2012, he hinted at holding out but showed up. By week 3, he was out with an ACL tear.

The Jets HAVE to dump this guy. He's had one veery good season in the past 3. There is no way they are worse off without him. They are a top 10 D with or without. They were ranked 20th in points allowed without him last year and 20th with him in the Pro Bowl the year before.

The era of paying crazy money for any CB (see Asamoughiwoogy and our own Nate Clement) are gone. He's much more valuable to the Jets in trade at this point--assuming he can play still.

dieon sanders is the greatest player of all time, just ask him, he'll tell you. and that's only one reason i can't stand him.

Revis on his best day doesn't compare to Deion on an average day. Not even close. Never will be.

Jets definitely aren't handling this well. I think that it's logical to try and trade Revis but why not sit down with him and discuss the issue instead of leaving him in the dark? Revis may not like it but he deserves to be told to his face that the Jets are going to trade him if they get a decent offer.

Exactly

Jets are a hot mess right now.

“I was speechless. I tweeted it out I was speechless,” Revis said about hearing the reports. “I was speechless because I didn’t get a phone call. I know it’s a business. Just call me — don’t have it lingering out there. I need answers and I’m not getting any. Just the fact that that was put out there instead of contacting your best player on the team. If that’s how you want to do business, then that’s fine.”

http://www.nypost.co...Sps25eNKdipixXL

Can't blame Woody, Revis is all about himself and the Money

I don't like the idea of paying QB type money to a CB with a busted knee who will be 28 by the start of football season.

I agree and Im not sure who would. Maybe 9ers because their secondary looked pretty crappy in the Super Bowl? Dont know what their cap situation looks like. Also he'd only be about 3rd or 4th best on that team. not sure if hes ready to accept the reduced status ... lol

Richard sherman getting in on the act ...

“One season u will get 8 picks.... But it won't happen anytime soon... I did it in my 2nd season... So u have something to chase,” Sherman wrote. ... “Got off my flight to this hilarious convo. So I have 8 picks 3 ff and a sack. My season stats looking like Revis career stats."

http://m.nypost.com/p/blogs/jetsblog/jets_revis_seahawks_sherman_trade_hiXwtyZryouHbHdJor0jFJ

Revis on his best day doesn't compare to Deion on an average day. Not even close. Never will be.

perhaps in coverage to a degree? Revis's tackling ability is 10x better than Deion "olay" Sanders was.

If bettis or jamal anderson came his way he would hide.............Revis lays the wood to the big boys.

• 1 month later...

The seemingly pending divorce between the New York Jets and cornerback Darrelle Revis has gotten a little uglier and, perhaps worse for the team, a little more questionable.

Darrelle Revis missed most of the '12 season. (AP)Revis' agents, Neil Schwartz and Jonathan Feinsod, recently asked new Jets general manager John Idzik if the cornerback could be excused from the first two weeks of the team's offseason conditioning program. The two-week period starts April 15 and ends after the NFL draft, by which time Revis had been expected to be traded.

However, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, long regarded as the team most likely to trade for Revis, are apparently growing impatient with the process, three sources said.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--sources--buccaneers-growing-impatient-with-situation-between-jets--darrelle-revis-031020672.html

They're out of their minds if they dont take bucs offer of 1st, 3rd and 6th. I think the new GM would be smart enough to know this, methinks Rex is still attached to revis

Yeah that should be a no brainier for the Jets

They're out of their minds if they dont take bucs offer of 1st, 3rd and 6th. I think the new GM would be smart enough to know this, methinks Rex is still attached to revis

Rex should not be calling shots. Jabba is a lame duck coach who still has a job because the GM wasn't allowed to fire him. If he is dictating they Jets can't trade Revis, the Jets are in worse shape than we thought