Darrelle Revis traded to Bucs

BRAWNDO

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scrolling repeatedly on SNY a few minutes before 1:00 PM today: "According to multiple reports, the Jets have traded CB Darrelle Revis to the Buccaneers pending a physical." Still haven't seen it confirmed anywhere else...yet.

I disagree, now we know where the jets are looking to draft in the first round, teams that want to leap over them will look to us.

That was the case before too though. Now they can jump over us easier, and additionally they are more likely to take a qb which isn't great for our trade backs to get one ourselves

Not disagreeing, just how do you figure that?

Two picks in the top 13. They can afford to grab the top QB on their board, if they so desire, or even slide back a little. With Sanchez' contract, they may not be looking QB in the 1st Round but earlier reports of them trying to package him in a Revis deal makes me wonder, that's all. I don't think they would even consider QB at 9 but they might be willing to pull the trigger at 13. I just think it makes it much riskier for the Bills to try sliding into the middle of the 1st to grab "their guy", whoever that might be. JMO.

Two picks in the top 13. They can afford to grab the top QB on their board, if they so desire, or even slide back a little. With Sanchez' contract, they may not be looking QB in the 1st Round but earlier reports of them trying to package him in a Revis deal makes me wonder, that's all. I don't think they would even consider QB at 9 but they might be willing to pull the trigger at 13. I just think it makes it much riskier for the Bills to try sliding into the middle of the 1st to grab "their guy", whoever that might be. JMO.

Absolutely.

The Jets have the ammo AND the positioning to outmaneuver the Bills.

Glad he is out of the AFC East

I was just thinking the same thing...

Can the Bills now say they had a successful off season because Revis and Welker are out of the Division?... :lol:

Edited by KOKBILLS

I don't care who they draft and I still don't think it's going to be a QB high. They just got rid of one of the best players in the league and out of our division. Their roster rivals any team in the league for being the worst. Their management stinks. The only real good this does them is not paying Revis 12m a year or whatever and having that extra money next year in FA to try to luck out on a big signing.

I dont know about this.

As a division foe i feel this Does present a wrinkle or two into the draft game.

A key might be that they still have the second round pick ahead of us .

They have ammo. glad he is out of the division though.