Byrd makes AP All-Pro 2nd team

Doc

More interesting than the team itself is who received votes. Wood had a vote. McKelvin had a few at KR. Levitre and Spiller didn't get anything.

A lot of established backs with far more touches. Guards are a position thats getting a bit hot with talent too. Center is a total void, and KR is one that cycles quickly so a single good season is more likely to be noted.

Congrats to J. Byrd for getting the recognition while playing in such a crappy defensive scheme this year. Hopefully Pettine has plans to highlight his strengths next year...I can see him using his instincts & intelligence to become an even more dominate player.

Also congrats to M. Lynch (wished he were still here) for turning his career around and making the 1st team, BEAST-MODE !!!

Edited by pimp 2

More interesting than the team itself is who received votes. Wood had a vote. McKelvin had a few at KR. Levitre and Spiller didn't get anything.

It's interesting that no draft pick or free agent signing of Buddy Nix received any votes either. Building a team isn't about having Pro Bowlers or All-Pros (ask the Chiefs) but there remains a distinct lack of talent on this team.

This is going to be a difficult situation for the Bills FO. I think the only way we keep Levitre is to tag him for one more season. He mentioned he wasn't offered a contract, which can sound like the Bills haven't done anything, but could it be his agent didn't ask for one? I think it's going to be a long negotiation with Byrd, which may force a tag to be necessary to continue to work on it next year, which could cause Levitre to walk.

A lot of established backs with far more touches. Guards are a position thats getting a bit hot with talent too. Center is a total void, and KR is one that cycles quickly so a single good season is more likely to be noted.

That is very surprising. The Pouncey brothers have been really good.