Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you need your HC to be a Offensive or Defensive genius. Your HC should be able to develop the team in all three phases. He should be able to motivate the team and bring a sense of direction. In fact, I would prefer that our HC not call any plays and focus on the game as a whole.

Exactly. A HC needs to be able to delegate and find guys that can get the job done. We'll find out what what happens with that soon enough.

Marrone was clearly a name that was getting attention...When I first heard the Bills were going to interview him I was thinking..."What?" Then I read up more about him, saw the obvious interest he was getting everywhere, and realized there has to be something to the guy...Plus...I'm not saying he's the next Sean Payton whatsoever...But he's from that tree...And I for one LOVE Sean Payton...He's one of my favorite NFL HC's...I just think the guy is outstanding, detailed, etc...

So anyway, the thought of Marrone being a legit candidate should not be surprising to any Bills fan IMHO... B-)

I did the same thing and came away positive. A real head coach, organized, detailed, and expects the same from his staff and players. This will be a guy that will be associated with the Bills, and the culture change. Looking forward to the Doug and Doug show for many years.

I especially did not like the quote... "Brandon also pointed out that Marrone is still a candidate for other NFL jobs."

Put it this way: If the guy agrees in principle to a contract to the extent that the Bills and Brandon and everyone is discussing it, and then turns his back on the agreement because another team comes in at the last second and makes another offer, we probably don't want this guy running our team and being responsible for changing its culture.

...this story is no different than Chip Kelly and the Browns...deal is mostly done, but not really because there are other offers still pending?

Looks like the browns wasted a lot of time on Chip Kelly, latest is they are going back to Cleveland to start all over in their search.

http://www.democrata...t-our-coach-yet

"In a note to Sal Maiorana, Brandon said the deal is not completed yet and there is some work left to do. Brandon also pointed out that Marrone is still a candidate for other NFL jobs.

Earlier today reports surfaced that Marrone, Syracuse head football coach, agreed to become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills, according to a person informed of the discussions between the teams. The person spoke to USA TODAY Sports on condition of anonymity because the deal hasn't been signed and announced. The Bills have not yet confirmed the hire"

Yes, at 6:16am. Sal Maiorana is even confirming it is done.

the D and C story was posted at 6:03 a.m. ... several outlets, including the AP, are now reporting that the deal is done. which is what the AP was told about an hour ago.

jw

It's not reliable unless it came from Twitter.